My Mavic will not calibrate it's compass!!! DJI Help
1449 5 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

My Mavic refuses to calibrate it's compass. The easiest task on the list! I have tried everything from taking my belt off, keys and every other piece of metal on me. I'm airport security ready. I go outside in the middle of our street but still no luck. I shut down everything and start from scratch, restart but still no go.

DJI..... what do I do next? What causes the compass not to calibrate? Being shipped beside something nucular?
2016-12-9
Use props
fansa6a73e1e
New

United States

You aren't the only one. Mine has the same problem too. If you look at the compass sensor values, what do you get? Are both Compass1 and Compass2 values green?
2016-12-9
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

OK, tried for the 12th time, this time I left the remote on the ground far away from me. This time it worked. Having my arms stretched out as far as possible was not enough distance I think?
2016-12-9
Use props
fansdb9230b2
lvl.1

United States

Also try doing the 360 slow and steady. I would have the same issue. But not anymore. If you go to fast it will fail.
2016-12-9
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Would out in the street be an appropriate area for a calibration? I would assume metal would be everywhere... Many roads have steel underneath in the form of pipework.. Also concrete can contain  steel reinforcement etc.
2016-12-9
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-12-9 21:00
Would out in the street be an appropriate area for a calibration? I would assume metal would be everywhere... Many roads have steel underneath in the form of pipework.. Also concrete can contain  steel reinforcement etc.

No my road is a paved back alley so there is no metal wires or pipes where I was calibrating. I think perhaps the remote was affecting the calibration.
2016-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules