Litchi can't take photos or film
7491 9 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Robert_P4
lvl.1

Ghana

Hi, I have a Samsung TAB A6 7" and a Samsung S4 and installed  Litchi on both to take some survey pictures of an area but I can't set any waypoint to take a photo or record with camera. Every other setting works...except the most important (photo and film). It just says N/A when I try to set it so. I've tried everything. I have both DJI Go , Drone Deploy and Pix4D installed on the same devices (they work okay) but I make sure they are not running when I use
Litchi. I've also made Litchi the default DJI compatible app on both devices. Can anyone please help me?
Thanks.

2016-12-10
Use props
samuraiz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202585 ft
United States

Litchi will not do any waypoint actions if Curved waypoints have been selected since with curves you never reach the waypoint.  Select straight waypoints and all the functions will be available.
Waypoint Actions
Actions are performed when the aircraft arrives at the waypoint. There are six different waypoint actions, three of which accept an additional parameter.
You can add up to 15 different actions for each waypoint.
Important Waypoint actions are ignored when the mission "Path Mode" is "Curved Turns" as the aircraft will not stop at waypoints then.
  • Stay for: The time in seconds that the aircraft should pause at the waypoint. Maximum 32 seconds.
  • Take Photo: The camera will take one picture. For this action to work, recording must of off.
  • Start Recording: The camera will start recording.
  • Stop Recording: The camera will stop recording.
  • Rotate Aircraft: The aircraft will rotate to the specified angle. The parameter is the angle relative to North that the aircraft should rotate to (0° is North, 90° is East). For example, setting it to 270° means that the aircraft will rotate to point towards West. If the aircraft is already pointing West before starting this action, it will not rotate at all.
  • Tilt Camera: The gimbal will move to the specified angle (tilt). The valid value range is +0° to -90° (look down).

2016-12-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

samuraiz Posted at 2016-12-12 03:19
Litchi will not do any waypoint actions if Curved waypoints have been selected since with curves you never reach the waypoint.  Select straight waypoints and all the functions will be available.
Waypoint ActionsActions are performed when the aircraft arrives at the waypoint. There are six different waypoint actions, three of which accept an additional parameter.

Also, if you're going to use 'start recording' and 'stop recording' actions, it's neater if you disable 'auto-recording' (default is to start recording when you turn motors on, and stop when they're off).
2016-12-11
Use props
Focusian
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155443 ft
Thailand

In "way point" , you must set to "straight lines"  not "curved turns"  then your drone will do the "actions" you set.

However, sometimes i had problem of no action as i set even with straight lines.
2016-12-11
Use props
Robert_P4
lvl.1

Ghana

samuraiz Posted at 2016-12-11 16:19
Waypoint ActionsActions are performed when the aircraft arrives at the waypoint. There are six different waypoint actions, three of which accept an additional parameter.

Thank you Samuraiz, i'm aware that the waypoints should not be on the curved selection. I have selected straight waypoints but still, it will not allow photo taking or even camera recording. All the other waypoint settings are working.
2016-12-13
Use props
Robert_P4
lvl.1

Ghana

Punchbuggy Posted at 2016-12-11 22:43
Also, if you're going to use 'start recording' and 'stop recording' actions, it's neater if you disable 'auto-recording' (default is to start recording when you turn motors on, and stop when they're off).

Thank you, Punchbuggy. Yes, i've tried to set waypoints to take a photo or record, both with auto-recording set to "on" and also "off", but the problem still persists. It just says N/A.
I have noticed though that I can still use the flight controller to take photos or to record manually by using the respective buttons on the controller when the drone in in the air but this is  tedious and inaccurate.
2016-12-13
Use props
Robert_P4
lvl.1

Ghana

Focusian Posted at 2016-12-12 02:12
In "way point" , you must set to "straight lines"  not "curved turns"  then your drone will do the "actions" you set.

However, sometimes i had problem of no action as i set even with straight lines.

Thanks Focusian. Waypoints are set to straight lines but the problem is still there.
Could it be a software / hardware conflict in my samsung devices, or a software conflict with the other DJI compatible apps, even though they're all cleared from default and killed. i'll try uninstalling them all except Litchi and see.
2016-12-13
Use props
tonyPek
lvl.1

Hungary

I have used Litchi today with setting of "Straight Lines" and added following way point actions for each way point:
- Stop Recording
- Take Photo
- Start Recording
Mission is called "MalyiField1"Camera is set to "Auto Record" ON
The result is very odd because videos have been created for each 5 way points but photos haven not been taken.
Litchi version is the latest v3.9.2, DJI P3 Advanced 1.9.60, Lenovo tab2 10 Android 5

2016-12-13
Use props
tonyPek
lvl.1

Hungary

Robert_P4 Posted at 2016-12-13 10:17
Thank you, Punchbuggy. Yes, i've tried to set waypoints to take a photo or record, both with auto-recording set to "on" and also "off", but the problem still persists. It just says N/A.
I have noticed though that I can still use the flight controller to take photos or to record manually by using the respective buttons on the controller when the drone in in the air but this is  tedious and inaccurate.

Solution: "You will need to disable auto record if you want to mix photo taking and start/stop record waypoint actions".
After I disabled  the "Auto Record" , Litchi takes photo and video as well.
2016-12-13
Use props
Dale Woolard
lvl.1

United States

Thank you!! This thread is exactly what I've been trying to figure out!!
2019-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules