Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic video in sport mode
1814 8 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adanggas
lvl.1

Canada

When you guys fly in sport mode at full speed does your video jump around. Kind of a jello affect.  My gimble is mounted properly underneath the tabs. No other problems.
2016-12-10
Use props
Adanggas
lvl.1

Canada

There has been some wind when flying I wonder if that makes it shake more. In the one video I have that looks the wrost I was flying full speed against the wind and only hitting 50km per hour.  
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Adanggas, have you tried to fly in P mode?
2016-12-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Adanggas Posted at 2016-12-10 18:33
There has been some wind when flying I wonder if that makes it shake more. In the one video I have that looks the wrost I was flying full speed against the wind and only hitting 50km per hour.

Not really to get good video in sport mode way to fast...
2016-12-16
Use props
ZT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11316 ft
Canada

If it's just a speed and wind issue, and you want a fast shot for video, you could try filming it in P or tripod mode, and just speed up the video in post production.
2016-12-16
Use props
fans480d25d8

Switzerland

For me it's the same. When I fly in sport mode and I try to take a video there is a jello affect... When I fly again in P mode, it's ok. Otherwise I'm really happy with the Mavic!
2017-5-4
Use props
Mcflying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

i often fly in sports mode and it depends on the movement you make.
When i fly straight forward, or backwards there is no problem and i usually can use the footage.
The only part i cannot and don't use is when you fly sideways and stop,...then the footage is going from left to right.
But in all i would say in sportsmode it's a pretty stable image.
2017-5-4
Use props
MikeQView
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I Think Hallmark 007 is dead right,  the little Mavic can cope if flown nice and slow,  sadly you cant have have your cake and eat it, (never did understand the wording of that saying)  meaning you can fly fast and you can have nice video just not at the same time !  totally normal, and to be expected, nearly all multirotors do this.
2017-5-4
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Mcflying Posted at 2017-5-4 12:38
i often fly in sports mode and it depends on the movement you make.
When i fly straight forward, or backwards there is no problem and i usually can use the footage.
The only part i cannot and don't use is when you fly sideways and stop,...then the footage is going from left to right.

Same here. Actually flew yesterday, I'll put together some footage was mainly in sport. I was going to throw it away because it was kind of overexposed, it's 97F here already! The battery hit 149F, not good. But went in some windows in the rich neighborhood roid raged.

Since did the shielding mod on the rears, the drone is a dream to fly. No more worries about atti while in sport and litchi flys without vps so I can skim water if want too, but still land in my hand with stick down. It does eat up a lot of battery though when in sport whole time. Video is fine though

2017-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules