Mavic gimbal vibration shaking camera badly!
14189 29 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans166f0a34
lvl.1
United States

UPDATE - Woww, just as thought DJI's customer support could not get any worse.... I was wrong. After waiting 16 days to get my gimbal on my drone fixed and having it finally arrive back to me so that I can start flying it again I come to find out that after sending my remote controller in with the microusb adapter for my phone, they took it out replaced it with an iphone adapter and sent it back to me. NOW I can't even use my remote controller because I have to adapter for my phone and i'm stuck with 2 useless iphone adapters and no where to go buy one because they can only be bought online. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE ABSOLUTELY KIDDING ME DJI!!! You didn't even take the time or effort to make sure that you sent me back with the right equipment that I sent you and now I'm going to have to wait another week just to get an adapter sent to me to fly my drone! This is absolutely ridiculous and before someone goes and says "but you can fly your mavic on your phone through wifi" yes I know that and it also significantly hinders what you can do because you only have a very limted range when flying via the wifi and the drone is much harder to control using your phone as a controller. Unbelievable way to blow it again DJI i'm not suprised.

Here's an update on the issue that I had with my gimbal on my mavic. It was having serious vibration and shaking issues with the gimbal causing the video to shake and become unusable. I tried everything that I could think of to fix it, calibrating the gimbal, calibrating imu, calibrating compass, calibrating aircraft, upgrading to each firmware, changing propellers, checking the physical components, etc. However, none of this fixed the problem as I figured and so I had to contact DJI and send it in for repair. It took a week for it to get to get to their repair shop shipping from the east coast. The day after they received it they evaluating it and said that it had gimbal software/hardware issues and they fixed it under the warranty. They said it should be shipped back within the next 3 buisness days and so hopefully I will have my aircraft soon. If you are having the same issue that I had I really reccommend that you send your aircraft in for repair even though it's really frustrating. This problem has actually happened with a lot of Mavics and if your's is doing the same thing then it most likely is an issue with the gimbal software/hardware and it needs to be sent in for repair to be fixed.
Here's a video of the problem

2016-12-10
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154885 ft
United States

Mine was shaking today too. Seems to shake when cold or first starting up. If I touch it will stop shaking for just a little. After I start flying it stops shaking usually. Not sure if it warms up or what?
2016-12-10
Use props
fans166f0a34
lvl.1
United States

chasiu75 Posted at 2016-12-11 08:44
Mine was shaking today too. Seems to shake when cold or first starting up. If I touch it will stop shaking for just a little. After I start flying it stops shaking usually. Not sure if it warms up or what?

It's not the weather it's a defect with a lot of the Mavics unfortunately there is a whole bunch of people with gimbal problems. Mine went right back to doing it today and i'm going to have to send mine back so they can fix it. Ridiculous.
2016-12-11
Use props
Pioneer1979
New

Canada

fans166f0a34 Posted at 2016-12-12 10:12
It's not the weather it's a defect with a lot of the Mavics unfortunately there is a whole bunch of people with gimbal problems. Mine went right back to doing it today and i'm going to have to send mine back so they can fix it. Ridiculous.

Mine is doing the same, fixed for one flight and then it started doing it again. You had to send yours back? Was that their suggestion or your demand ?
2016-12-11
Use props
fans166f0a34
lvl.1
United States

Pioneer1979 Posted at 2016-12-12 10:17
Mine is doing the same, fixed for one flight and then it started doing it again. You had to send yours back? Was that their suggestion or your demand ?

I haven't contacted DJI yet, I have to wait until Monday during their business hours, but I can't use a drone that has a shaking gimbal and I've done everything that I can to try and fix it. Calibrated the gimbal, calibrated the Mavic, updated the firmware, check the physical parts of the gimbal. All to no avail it is a defect in a lot of the Mavics and I did not pay $1000 for a drone that doesn't even work.
2016-12-11
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
Flight distance : 562802 ft
United States

One question, you followed both steps or just one? I calibrated over the App and need to test it again. The calibration with the Assistant works only for one flight too?

I checked my gimbal in all directions regarding all the pictures you can find in the web but I couldn't find any suspicious - it looks perfectly assembled and I only had really really soft landings.
2016-12-12
Use props
fans166f0a34
lvl.1
United States

D_jan_i Posted at 2016-12-12 20:42
One question, you followed both steps or just one? I calibrated over the App and need to test it again. The calibration with the Assistant works only for one flight too?

I checked my gimbal in all directions regarding all the pictures you can find in the web but I couldn't find any suspicious - it looks perfectly assembled and I only had really really soft landings.

I followed both steps and it worked for one flight and then it was back to doing it again. I checked my gimbal as well to make sure the everything was in place and it was. I contacted DJI and they told me to switch out propellers and calibrate the IMU, however, the aircraft is fly perfectly stable while the video is shaking and therefore I doubt that has anything do with it, it's a problem with the gimbal they just don't want to admit it. I'm going to try it tommorrow and fly it but I doubt I'll have any luck with that.
2016-12-12
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
United States

When yours shake is it just a very fine movement accompanied by some motor noise or rapid extreme movement?
2016-12-12
Use props
chasiu75
lvl.3
United States

Have you seen it do it on the ground before takeoff to observe directly?
2016-12-12
Use props
D_jan_i
lvl.3
Flight distance : 562802 ft
United States

My one was today better, I was calibrating it yesterday, I have to test it again now. But after a while it was not focusing anymore - really strange behavior
2016-12-12
Use props
Evan8tr
lvl.2
United States

D_jan_i Posted at 2016-12-12 19:36
My one was today better, I was calibrating it yesterday, I have to test it again now. But after a while it was not focusing anymore - really strange behavior

Same problem here. Had the exact same shakiness problem. Reformatted the SD, reset camera settings, calibrated IMU, reinstalled firmware, and did gimbal calibration. Seems to be a little better, however i flew today and everything was blurry, out of focus, not sharp. And yes I focused the camera, tried different resolutions.
2016-12-12
Use props
fans166f0a34
lvl.1
United States

chasiu75 Posted at 2016-12-13 10:51
When yours shake is it just a very fine movement accompanied by some motor noise or rapid extreme movement?

At first it was pretty extreme movement like you can see in the video I posted and now it is a little more fine shaking with some motor noise, but it still produces unusable footage.
2016-12-13
Use props
fans166f0a34
lvl.1
United States

Evan8tr Posted at 2016-12-13 14:39
Same problem here. Had the exact same shakiness problem. Reformatted the SD, reset camera settings, calibrated IMU, reinstalled firmware, and did gimbal calibration. Seems to be a little better, however i flew today and everything was blurry, out of focus, not sharp. And yes I focused the camera, tried different resolutions.

Yep I did the same things and am having the same issues. I just put in a request for repair because something is obviously wrong with the unit that can't be fixed by any of these things. It's really disappointing because I just got the drone and now I will be out a drone for probably a month while they repair it. You might have to send yours in as well I'm afraid.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans166f0a34 Posted at 2016-12-13 10:01
At first it was pretty extreme movement like you can see in the video I posted and now it is a little more fine shaking with some motor noise, but it still produces unusable footage.

If calibrations and refreshing firmware are not resolving it the please call 818-235-0789 to have the aircraft sent in for evaluation.
2016-12-13
Use props
#LehuaTeam
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-14 00:35
If calibrations and refreshing firmware are not resolving it the please call 818-235-0789 to have the aircraft sent in for evaluation.

I just did that, it's really unfortunate that I have to send a brand new drone back in to be repaired and now i'm out of a drone for however long it takes to repair while i'm losing money.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

#LehuaTeam Posted at 2016-12-13 14:03
I just did that, it's really unfortunate that I have to send a brand new drone back in to be repaired and now i'm out of a drone for however long it takes to repair while i'm losing money.

I'm sorry about that.
I don't understand the losing money part though.
2016-12-13
Use props
#LehuaTeam
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-14 04:42
I'm sorry about that.
I don't understand the losing money part though.

I use my drone for work, people hire me to shoot videos for them such as a landscape video that I was supposed to shoot and have ready before the new year, but now that I have to send my drone in to get it repaired I can't shoot the video for my client and i'm going to be out of that money if that hire someone else to do it for them.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

#LehuaTeam Posted at 2016-12-13 21:08
I use my drone for work, people hire me to shoot videos for them such as a landscape video that I was supposed to shoot and have ready before the new year, but now that I have to send my drone in to get it repaired I can't shoot the video for my client and i'm going to be out of that money if that hire someone else to do it for them.

I too use my aircraft for commercial work with my 333 exemption. I have aircraft for backup in case there's an accident or some technical issue.
Everyone I know who use drones for work from the M600 flying a 50k camera to the people who so real estate video all have backup aircraft.
That's all I was saying.
2016-12-13
Use props
#LehuaTeam
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-14 13:13
I too use my aircraft for commercial work with my 333 exemption. I have aircraft for backup in case there's an accident or some technical issue.
Everyone I know who use drones for work from the M600 flying a 50k camera to the people who so real estate video all have backup aircraft.
That's all I was saying.

Well it must be nice to have a backup aircraft, but unfortunately I don't have one.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

#LehuaTeam Posted at 2016-12-16 09:54
Well it must be nice to have a backup aircraft, but unfortunately I don't have one.

For anyone who plans on working with your aircraft, it's really a must to have at least one backup and a few is better.
If you go to a paid job and you bump a tree or any other mishap, your done and whomever hired you is going to tell you to use backup. I can understand if it's just some guy who wants some photos of his house and paying you a few hundred dollars. But if it's any kind of production work, you better make darn sure you have at least one backup.
2016-12-15
Use props
fans7560a62a
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-15 19:04
For anyone who plans on working with your aircraft, it's really a must to have at least one backup and a few is better.
If you go to a paid job and you bump a tree or any other mishap, your done and whomever hired you is going to tell you to use backup. I can understand if it's just some guy who wants some photos of his house and paying you a few hundred dollars. But if it's any kind of production work, you better make darn sure you have at least one backup.

Not everybody has the money for several backup drones when their starting out.

Ps.. Just got my drone and it is having the same problem
2016-12-31
Use props
rapcon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8871 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans7560a62a Posted at 2016-12-31 11:49

My Mavic had this problem out of the box.  It is not the gimbal, if you notice the video is completely stable.  The camera is actually defective.  I returned mine and it was replaced under warranty.  I did everything I could to prevent a return but I did not have one good video session and problem only got worst with firmware update, gimbal calibrations, camera reset, IMU re-calibration, compass re-calibration.  The good news is I now have a good working unit and it took about 7-8 days turn-around.  I waited 54 days to get my Mavic and was so disappointed after watching so many beautifully composed videos on UTube.  This Mavic is truly a marvel of great innovation.  I knew this company had great potential when I built my first drone which still flys well using at first the DJI NAZA M V1 flight controller which has now been upgraded to V2, such a beast.
2016-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans7560a62a Posted at 2016-12-31 11:49

If troubleshooting steps have not resolved the vibration, please contact support and send the aircraft in for evaluation.
2017-1-1
Use props
Unmature
New
United States

Was having shaking issues. Like hardcore shaking where the gimbal would dip down and to the right at almost 45 degrees violently shaking. I've updated the firmware and callibrated the gimbal and camera. Seems to be stable now but my video showing on my iphone displays most white surfaces with black and white strips at 45 degrees. Will be field testing it shortly and will report back if the same issue persist.
2017-8-24
Use props
323 Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 761621 ft
United States

So I was hoping that this latest Firmware updated would have fixed the shaking issue but I guess not.  I have done both Compass Calibration and IMU calibration on Asphalt (no rebar or metal interference) I have also done the Firmware Update and I am still having the same issue. Everything Starts great at first but then after a couple of minutes into the flight I lose control of the up and down on the Gimbal and it starts shaking horrible (Please see video below). I go ahead and land power down and restart the Aircraft and Control and everything is back to normal. I dont think its the Gimbal Harness because It would do it every single time.  Any help would be greatly appreciated it. I would like to get this resolved before taking the route of opening a case with DJI.
2017-8-24
Use props
fansfa22ba2c
New
Flight distance : 41503 ft
United States

chasiu75 Posted at 2016-12-12 18:51

This is what mine is doing.
2017-9-23
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This video gives one possible answer to vibration, worth checking.
2017-9-23
Use props
fans1f876df1
New

United States

Hey guys is it easy to replace observation board
2017-9-24
Use props
fans1f876df1
New

United States

The Lil L shape braket is broken on mine
2017-9-24
Use props
fans1f876df1
New

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-23 15:38
This video Here gives one possible answer to vibration, worth checking.

Hey is it hard to replace that L braket
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules