Newbie here
672 6 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
razorbeetle
lvl.1
United States

So far so good on my Phantom 4 I just got.

I took it up for some picture taking.  About 250 feet.  All of a sudden my app starts to beep.  No panic, I look at the app and I don't see any warnings.  The copter still responds beautifully.  

Then the beeping stops.  

What is the beeping?   BTW it had 80% battery when it happened so it wasn't that.  At least I think it wasn't that.  Does it beep every so often for some reason?
2016-12-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You didn't see any Obstacle Avoidance messages or Radar up on the screen ? It's not happened to me yet but apparently OA can sometimes get confused by internal reflections on lens. A sensor calibration using DJI Assistant 2 might help. If you upload your flight record to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ , and share link to the forum then some of the more experienced pilots may be able to point to a cause of beeping.
2016-12-10
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

This can happen if it was a sunny day and your camera was facing directly at the sun, the OA will think it's a obstacle and send you a warning, it's happened to me a few times just after sun rise and just before sun set.
2016-12-10
Use props
razorbeetle
lvl.1
United States

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-12-11 07:26
This can happen if it was a sunny day and your camera was facing directly at the sun, the OA will think it's a obstacle and send you a warning, it's happened to me a few times just after sun rise and just before sun set.

It was clear and sunny.  Maybe thats it.  Thx
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

When you play back the flight in the Go app, you should be able to see any error messages that may have disappeared quickly. Can you check for any messages that may have popped up?
2016-12-10
Use props
razorbeetle
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-11 10:05
When you play back the flight in the Go app, you should be able to see any error messages that may have disappeared quickly. Can you check for any messages that may have popped up?

thank you guys
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Did you happen to find any messages during playback?
2016-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules