Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI app OVERLOADS IPod
2072 10 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Et han
lvl.1
United States

It happened 2 times today, I took screenshots on the second time, but the screen capture did not show the red and purple streaks across my screen.... what is it??

2016-12-10
Use props
Daroga
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully your iPad (not iPod) is on this list from the DJI Mavic Spec/FAQ/Tutorial page

iOS Version v3.1.1.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

If so, then try turning off (selecting NONE) Peak Focus Threashold under General Settings. Focus Peaking can be set to NONE (off), 90% (shows a fine red line around those objects in focus; used for fine focus), 80% (displays a broader red halo around those objects in focus; used for more general focus determination), & 70% (shows a very large focus halo, used to help determine broadest focus area).
Photo Dec 10, 9 14 51 AM.png
If your iPad is on the list of supported mobile devices, and Focu Peaking is off and you still have red and purple streaks, please report back with additional information.
2016-12-10
Use props
Et han
lvl.1
United States

Daroga Posted at 2016-12-10 16:17
Hopefully your iPad (not iPod) is on this list from the DJI Mavic Spec/FAQ/Tutorial page

iOS Version v3.1.1.

it's an ipod touch 6th gen... worked fine and smoothly until a sudden glitch
2016-12-10
Use props
Daroga
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Et han Posted at 2016-12-10 20:56
it's an ipod touch 6th gen... worked fine and smoothly until a sudden glitch

DJI GO App or DJI GO 4 App?
2016-12-10
Use props
Et han
lvl.1
United States

Daroga Posted at 2016-12-10 18:25
DJI GO App or DJI GO 4 App?

DJI Go 4, clearly states that Ipod 6 is supported
2016-12-11
Use props
Daroga
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Et han Posted at 2016-12-11 10:11
DJI Go 4, clearly states that Ipod 6 is supported

Yes, your iPod 6 is a supported device! Sorry, I missed that the iPod 6 was now supported with the GO App!

Since your recording does not show the red and purple streaks, it is most likely signal interference between the Mavic antenna and your remote controller antenna. Things that can affect the signal transmission momentarily include trees and other momentary obstructions; antenna orientation on either the aircraft or the remote controller; signal interference caused by flying over areas with competing signals; power lines; distance between the aircraft and remote controller; and occasionally even solar activity in your region. In one of my local flying areas, a volunteer fire station has so much communication equipment that, if I fly too close, I loose my compass and live feed -> so I stay away from that area for sure!

To help evaluate, take a look at the HD settings configuration. The default is AUTO, which uses a 20MHz band within the 802.11 frequency spectrum (wifi) and will automatically try to find the area with the least interference. Your red and purple streaks could have been caused by the MAVIC chaging frequencies as you flew over an area of interference. These are to be expected and does not affect the vidoe/photo being recorded to your SD Card.  You need to tap the VIEW STATUS to see the real-time graph.

HD Settings

HD Settings

These signals change as wifi hotspots advertise/broadcast their SSID and connections are established and used, so watch the graph for a short period to get a better picture of possible interference -> the lower the line on the graph the better. Notice the scale on the right plots interference against distance. More interference means less range. Ocassionally, your takoff location will have a lot of competing signals and you may see this warning under Aircraft Status:
AS1.png
Depending on your specific flying area, there are manual configuration settings under the HD settings that you can experiment with to use a specific 10 MHz bandwidth range. For most of us, Auto is probably the easiest selection.

Best of luck and always fly safely!

2016-12-11
Use props
Et han
lvl.1
United States

Daroga Posted at 2016-12-11 10:12
Yes, your iPod 6 is a supported device! Sorry, I missed that the iPod 6 was now supported with the GO App!

Since your recording does not show the red and purple streaks, it is most likely signal interference between the Mavic antenna and your remote controller antenna. Things that can affect the signal transmission momentarily include trees and other momentary obstructions; antenna orientation on either the aircraft or the remote controller; signal interference caused by flying over areas with competing signals; power lines; distance between the aircraft and remote controller; and occasionally even solar activity in your region. In one of my local flying areas, a volunteer fire station has so much communication equipment that, if I fly too close, I loose my compass and live feed -> so I stay away from that area for sure!

Ok, thanks for your time and reply! I will try out what you provided as soon as possible.

I'd also like to inform you that when the streaks across my screen occurred, I was in an open field with a 19 GPS signal strength and there were no power lines in sight, I'll get back to you if this happens again when I change the settings
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Et han Posted at 2016-12-12 02:49
Ok, thanks for your time and reply! I will try out what you provided as soon as possible.

I'd also like to inform you that when the streaks across my screen occurred, I was in an open field with a 19 GPS signal strength and there were no power lines in sight, I'll get back to you if this happens again when I change the settings

If you had disable the peak focus threshold and still no improvement, please take a photo or make a short video of it. I'll help to check it.
In addition, have you tried to change another mobile device to test?
2016-12-16
Use props
Et han
lvl.1
United States

These red lines on my IPod never appeared before the dji Go App was installed on my device, now I can't get them off. there are red streaks constantly running down my IPod... restarting doe not help. I factory reset the device. still red lines, I have not dropped my device nor spilt it (as in no water damage)

I'm not saying that the DJI Go app overloaded my IPod and broke it, but it definitely is the only logical explanation as to why there are permanent graphical glitches on my device. (I have never actually broken a device in my life)
2016-12-20
Use props
MediaElite
lvl.4
Flight distance : 408343 ft
United States

I'm considering the iPod 6 gen for my Mavic. Has there been any improvements? What about performance in DJI GO 3?   With my iPhone six, I had glitches exclusively in DJI GO 4 (older app is fine), but they went away when I forced-quit all apps.  I hope your problem was solved.
2017-1-5
Use props
Et han
lvl.1
United States

MediaElite Posted at 2017-1-5 15:06
I'm considering the iPod 6 gen for my Mavic. Has there been any improvements? What about performance in DJI GO 3?   With my iPhone six, I had glitches exclusively in DJI GO 4 (older app is fine), but they went away when I forced-quit all apps.  I hope your problem was solved.

No, screen still broken. DJI has not offered to fix my screen. It's just something I live woth now
2017-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules