RC not linking to aircraft and not able to upgrade firmware
892 10 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
captain-et
New
Thailand

Having issues with my new P4P!

Everytime I try and connect the RC to the aircraft I get this error message: (Air Encoder Error 0x20). At first the RC would link the the aircraft briefly and the ligths would stay green for about one second then it would disconnect and all the lights would turn yellow and red again. Now this error message comes up every time. I have tried with varoius different iphones and cables and have tried to connect it manually plenty of times.

When i try and upgrade the firmware using DJI Assist 2 - everything downloads properly but evertime the upgrade starts it fails. This is even for refreshing the current firmware thats currently on the aircraft! I don't understand why it wont let me upgrade! HELP!
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you tried performing a factory reset via the Assistant 2 software before performing the update?
2016-12-10
Use props
captain-et
New
Thailand

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-11 10:32
Have you tried performing a factory reset via the Assistant 2 software before performing the update?

Yes I have - it says Factory Reset complete but then when I refresh the screen it says its still on the same firmware I was before I performed the factory reset then still the upgrades will not work.... grrrr frustrated!
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

captain-et Posted at 2016-12-11 12:01
Yes I have - it says Factory Reset complete but then when I refresh the screen it says its still on the same firmware I was before I performed the factory reset then still the upgrades will not work.... grrrr frustrated!

Sorry to hear about the issue, since you have tried to reset and refresh, it still cannot start to upgrade and you always have the error code, it needs to be send in for further evaluation then get it fixed by our engineers.
Besides, may I know where you bought it? from DJI online store or an authorized dealer?
2016-12-10
Use props
captain-et
New
Thailand

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-11 14:49
Sorry to hear about the issue, since you have tried to reset and refresh, it still cannot start to upgrade and you always have the error code, it needs to be send in for further evaluation then get it fixed by our engineers.
Besides, may I know where you bought it? from DJI online store or an authorized dealer?

I bought it from the Hong Kong Flagship store. I have been trying to contact DJI support to organize to send it in but so far I have been very dissapointed with the techncial support service from DJI as I have explained my problem to them and all they tell me is to 'try and connect it manually'. Obviously I have tried that multiple times and I have had no response from them when inquiring how I should move forth to send the drone in for repair.
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

captain-et Posted at 2016-12-12 13:34
I bought it from the Hong Kong Flagship store. I have been trying to contact DJI support to organize to send it in but so far I have been very dissapointed with the techncial support service from DJI as I have explained my problem to them and all they tell me is to 'try and connect it manually'. Obviously I have tried that multiple times and I have had no response from them when inquiring how I should move forth to send the drone in for repair.

We feel so sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Since you bought it in Hong Kong but not the authorized dealers in US or DJI online store, it will not be covered by the warranty in US.
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to support@dji.com and include the following information, we'll create a case for you to send it in:
SN:
Brief Description of your Issue:
Full Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Link to your case on Forum:
2016-12-12
Use props
CW Hobbies
lvl.3

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-12 05:52
Since you bought it in Hong Kong but not the authorized dealers in US or DJI online store, it will not be covered by the warranty in US.
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to  and include the following information, we'll create a case for you to send it in:

Are you serious??
Why would it not be covered under warranty, if he bought it from the FLAGSHIP Store?
2016-12-12
Use props
sunny051488
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183891 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-12 03:52
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to  and include the following information, we'll create a case for you to send it in:

are purchases from the DJI flagship HK store not covered for warranty related issues?!
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

CW Hobbies Posted at 2016-12-13 04:46
Are you serious??
Why would it not be covered under warranty, if he bought it from the FLAGSHIP Store?

The issue is the region he bought it from. These units do not have international warranty and can only apply in the region they bought it from. Since the unit was bought in Hong Kong, the unit would have to go back to China for the warranty to apply. If it was bought in the US or from the website to his US address, then the warranty would apply here.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

sunny051488 Posted at 2016-12-13 06:14
are purchases from the DJI flagship HK store not covered for warranty related issues?!

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Since the international warranty is not available now, you can only obtain the warranty in the service center where you bought it.
For more information, please check DJI official website, "Part III – Types of After-sales Service": http://www.dji.com/service/policy
Warranty.png
2016-12-12
Use props
R00022
lvl.1

United States

Not sure if this helps, but I had a similar problem and I reset to factory defaults, then toggled my remote between frequencies 5.8 then 2.4Ghz, then rebooted the remote. That fixed it for me, I was able to link the RC to the drone. I also had issue with the firmware upgrade. I uninstalled all versions of the DJI assistant, then reinstalled the dji assistant. Worked like a charm. I hope this helps.
2016-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules