Dji Osmo +: blurry image on the right side
3348 18 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ReverseFlash
New

Singapore

Hello,
just got the Osmo+, great device. However i realized the videos are always blurry on the right side. Maybe i must be doing something wrong with the autofocus so wondering what can i do to remove that? i touch the center of the screen to put the Autofocus in the center, else i fear that the whole video becomes blurry. Should i refrain from doing that? Please advise.

firmware: 1.3.0.50 (dji go app doesnt propose to update beyond than that)
here below some screenshots from footage i took showing the issue:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

thanks

2016-12-10
Use props
Skint
lvl.2
New Zealand

I had the same issue on my Osmo Plus, I assume the lens is not installed in the centre. You can't get it to focus on that area as it is outside the autofocus window, also as the continuous autofocus is centre based it will always leave that area blurry.

Now the not so good news, I sent mine back for warranty, after 2 months they still had not fixed it so I was able to get my money back from the local distributor as per my countries consumer guarantees act.

Best of luck.
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry about that, please find online chat on www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to send it back. Thank you.
2016-12-11
Use props
ReverseFlash
New

Singapore

Understood, working with retailer to get an exchange. Got advised  that the Osmo has less issues than Osmo +. Thor, do you agree on that?  Would dislike to do an exchange and have the same issue. thanks!
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

ReverseFlash Posted at 2016-12-12 22:23
Understood, working with retailer to get an exchange. Got advised  that the Osmo has less issues than Osmo +. Thor, do you agree on that?  Would dislike to do an exchange and have the same issue. thanks!

I can't say I agree, but an Osmo is a good choice for most people.
2016-12-12
Use props
ReverseFlash
New

Singapore

Thanks Thor. I would have liked to be able to exchange it vs a regular Osmo, however the shop i bought this has escalated this to DJI support, and they present a lot of resistance. DJI support is quite challenging in spite of this forum thread discussion, with the posted images. The dealer wont even exchange it on the spot because they are saying DJI wont refund them. Im trying to answer their questions and upload video for them but if they wont let it go I will have to go through a dispute with the shop tomorrow to get a refund, whereas i just wanted to do an exchange...Not sure why it has to be that painful.
2016-12-13
Use props
shoxer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2621 ft
Ireland

I just came back from my holidays and discover that the left side of my videos is blurry as well but not that much as yours. I don't want to swap to regular osmo, i like the zoom, i need the zoom. Now i'm just wondering will I be able to live with that small blur on the left side or DJI knows how to repair that?
Also not even single picture i took was in focus, touch focus, infinity lock, no difference. All stills were really bad. i will attach them later or i will just make my own topic.

How are yours photos?
2016-12-13
Use props
fansedd6d425
New

Belgium

Hello, I bought an Osmo+ 6 days ago and I have the same problem on the right side
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

shoxer Posted at 2016-12-14 00:45
I just came back from my holidays and discover that the left side of my videos is blurry as well but not that much as yours. I don't want to swap to regular osmo, i like the zoom, i need the zoom. Now i'm just wondering will I be able to live with that small blur on the left side or DJI knows how to repair that?
Also not even single picture i took was in focus, touch focus, infinity lock, no difference. All stills were really bad. i will attach them later or i will just make my own topic.

your need to touch the focus button first to make it turn into a green icon, by default it's setting exposure point. Did you do it?
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fansedd6d425 Posted at 2016-12-15 02:30
Hello, I bought an Osmo+ 6 days ago and I have the same problem on the right side

Sorry about it, please send it back for an exchange.
2016-12-15
Use props
fansedd6d425
New

Belgium

Hello DJI-Thor, thanks for the reply.
I brought my Osmo + to my dealer on Wednesday.
They will try to send it back for an exchange ... I hope not to wait too long ...

I will keep you informed when I have some info ..
2016-12-16
Use props
fans4fd82528
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,
apparently my osmo+ suffers from the same problem. Unfortunately it is already 3 month old (warranty). What happened to your gimbal? Did they exchange or repair it? Thanks
2017-3-27
Use props
Parker Bol
lvl.1

France

Some videos I made seem to have the same issues but sometimes not. Very strange. I just bought it, it's shame. Is there any update from Dji to fix it or is it an hard operation ?
2017-3-27
Use props
Day In Nature
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69783 ft
Lithuania

I do have the same problem, right side of the image is blury like 50% of the time. It happens more often on 22mm focal distance....
2017-4-22
Use props
Tango_B
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2891473 ft
Australia

I'm having the same problem with blurry focus on right hand side of image. Happens regardless of still or video shot, and regardless of where I tap-to-focus. As for the Infinity Lock, it's clearly not working as intended - for some strange reason only subjects within 1m to the gimbal are clear, everything else past that is out of focus.
2017-4-22
Use props
New Attitude
New
United States

My videos seems to be clear but entire picture is poor quality, blurry and not as good as my cell phone. Any help with focus would help.
2017-4-23
Use props
Parker Bol
lvl.1

France

Up for this section. Even if Osmo+ is a great camera, having some blurry sides in my vidz get me crazy !
2017-5-16
Use props
Gideon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45249 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Hows the issue been address? bcus Im still having this problem for awhile now even with a new firmware so sad for the loyal customers of dji. I will never buy again there products ever since my P3p. they repair it but another issues appeared. the only one that never had problem is the mobile.
2017-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Gideon Posted at 2017-7-18 01:02
Hows the issue been address? bcus Im still having this problem for awhile now even with a new firmware so sad for the loyal customers of dji. I will never buy again there products ever since my P3p. they repair it but another issues appeared. the only one that never had problem is the mobile.

Sorry for the unpleasant experience. The image is blurry on the right side or the whole picture? We suggest to use AF (auto focus)  for shooting by taping the screen to focus.
Is there any chance you upload several pictures  to Dropbox or further analysis?
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules