1460 10 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansae502a34
lvl.1
Flight distance : 836280 ft
Poland

Hello,

I'm new on this forum, although i have flown drones before.

I have been flying P4P for few days and it is amazing. Beautiful camera, great building quaility - in one word - astounding.

But during yesterday flight i had a major problem with GPS signal.
I started normaly with 18~ satelites in sight. Everything was just fine, but then suddenly drone lost GPS and turned into ATTI mode ( and after a while for a vision positioning since i was close to the ground ).

It wasn't such a problem to bring bird closer to me, since i have been training and eventualy passing flying exams on ATTI, but it was quite odd ( controller was showing around 17-18 sattelites but the drone couldn't get the GPS back )

i checked GPS/ATTI/SPORT switch few times but it was on GPS for sure.

I am enclosing my logs - http://healthydrones.com/main?share=ltQPmQ

And second question - i couldn't find Smart RTH inside DJ GO 4.
I'm using android device, maybe that's the problem ?

Thanks!
Regards,
Sebastian
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know what mobile device you are using? and how about the firmware version for your aircraft and remote?
Please sync your flight records through DJI GO and provide us your APP account e-mail.
Then you can export the flight data through Assistant 2, then upload it to dropbox, and let us know the link, thanks.
For the second question, please post a screenshot here, thanks.
2016-12-11
Use props
ucantstop
lvl.1
Poland

I am using Sony Xperia XA with android 6.0 (works great without any major problems nor freezes )

Aircraft is updated to latest software (xxx.0203), but after that feral flight DJI GO prompted me to update RC which i did (havent tested yet to be honest )

I am sending you a screenshot of DJI GO 4 tab, where i think SMART RTH should be.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrh10q ... 208-152834.png?dl=0

and also flight data ( i think it's this one ) :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qb21z ... 2-48-52%5D.DAT?dl=0

Also worth noticing is that i have not done IMU calibration becouse DJI GO didnt said so - should i do this without APP telling me so ?

APP acocount email is - sebastian.dudek@gmail.com
Thanks Natalia!
2016-12-11
Use props
fansf63b15d9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1637933 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ucantstop Posted at 2016-12-11 22:58
I am using Sony Xperia XA with android 6.0 (works great without any major problems nor freezes )

Aircraft is updated to latest software (xxx.0203), but after that feral flight DJI GO prompted me to update RC which i did (havent tested yet to be honest )

I had the same issue on the weekend.  Started with 15 satellites and on the flight back, when hovering about 10 meters, if suddenly lost satellites and started slowly gyrating.  After a short time, the GPS came back on line.  Never had that happen before.  Using latest firmware and iOS Go4 on Ipad 2
2016-12-11
Use props
ucantstop
lvl.1
Poland

Mine never come back. Only restarting drone on the ground helped.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ucantstop Posted at 2016-12-11 19:58

Thanks for the information, I'll transfer the data to our engineers for further evaluation, and let you know for any news.
You can just leave it since there is no requirement on the APP to ask you calibrate it.
For more details, please check here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-75438-1-1.html
BTW, please click "Reply" so that I'll get a remind and reply you sooner.
2016-12-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Healthydrones is not much use to work out what happened. You would be better off uploading your flight log to Phantomhelp.com and posting a link here. I suspect you did not lose GPS but had a compass error that switched the aircraft into ATTI mode, judsging by the scant information on Healthydrones.
2016-12-13
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can report that I have had the same issue with the Mavic Pro.
2016-12-13
Use props
ucantstop
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-13 05:12
Thanks for the information, I'll transfer the data to our engineers for further evaluation, and let you know for any news.
You can just leave it since there is no requirement on the APP to ask you calibrate it.
For more details, please check here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-75438-1-1.html

Thank you Natalia.

I would looking forward for further evaluation.

Best regards,
Sebastian
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ucantstop Posted at 2016-12-15 16:22
Thank you Natalia.

I would looking forward for further evaluation.

Sorry to tell you that the data you uploaded is incorrect, would you please export all the flight data and upload the file again to dropbox?
2016-12-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Your flight log does not show any loss of GPS at all, if it had, you would not get a report of 15 satellites. What is does show at point 'N' is that it was switched to ATTI mode, then at 'O' the aircraft reports that GPS positioning is off, which is exactly what you would expect when you switch to ATTI mode.
2016-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules