Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is flying with RC only (no phone) possible?
5099 9 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 644669 ft
United States

I have yet to read/see how one takes flight with the RC only, no phone or tablet.

Is this possible?

When I try to take off, I use the left stick up (mode 2) and the motors won't activate. Just sits there blinking green.

Has anyone had any luck? Do I need to enable the CSC command to start/kill the motors in order to do this?

2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Matman, you can fly with RC only. You need to use CSC to start the motors.
Please make sure RC is connected with aircraft.
2016-12-11
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431417 ft
Hong Kong

But I don't think you can focus the camera without using a phone connected to the RC... correct?

2016-12-11
Use props
Matman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 644669 ft
United States

MavicUser Posted at 2016-12-11 07:19
But I don't think you can focus the camera without using a phone connected to the RC... correct?

Thanks for the prompt reply/confirmation, Mindy.

The CSC commands seemed too risky to enable as a beginner, but now that it's a week later I may enable it. Haha.

To focus, just enable autofocus with the C1 button and that should work.
2016-12-11
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431417 ft
Hong Kong

Matman Posted at 2016-12-11 22:27
Thanks for the prompt reply/confirmation.

The CSC commands seemed too risky to enable as a beginner, but now that it's a week later I may enable it. Haha.

I don't think the C1 button works without the phone attached... From what I understand, the C1 button simply activates the DJI Go app focus on the phone, not directly connected to the aircraft at all.  That's also the reason why you can change the function for C1, C2, and the 5 way button on the controller...
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Yes, just as mentioned above, you cannot use the C1/C2 button without the mobile device.
2016-12-11
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-12 00:14
Hi Matman, you can fly with RC only. You need to use CSC to start the motors.
Please make sure RC is connected with aircraft.

What is CSC?
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

CSC is Combination Stick Command.
Please refer to the image.
CSC.png
2016-12-11
Use props
Heavysledz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE read your users manual and watch the tutorials....it will answer all of your questions and will make your flying experience so much better because you know how it operates and you will not get frustrated if you can't figure it out....
2016-12-11
Use props
fanscf6a0649
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1785 ft
Australia

On the weekend, I was camping in a remote location with no phone reception. Overnight I left my iPhone plugged into the Remote Controller and in the morning the phone was flat. So I tried some short flights without the phone. The Mavic flew perfectly - but 2 out of 3 videos I shot were completely out of focus. One was perfectly sharp. It would be good, as others have suggested if the camera would default to focus at infinity.
2016-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules