Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI E310 tuned propulsion and Naza m lite problem
3170 13 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
unf0rg0tt3n
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170971 ft
Netherlands

Hi All,

Since a while ago I built my own drone but it got some problems... After  a long while I figured it all out and now everything is working..  except flying the thing.

Two days ago I began working on my drone again and went back to my  design table. Made a 3D print for my drone so now the body is fully 3D  printed, hooked up everything again and fired it up.
Everything working again except the fact that the thing wont fly because  it got like over a bazilion more %%% of power to One rotor.

I got the DJI E310 tuned propulsion system (Quad) and DJI naza M-Lite.
Everything hooked up by manual.
Drone gave response to my input with remote, but kept giving 200% power to one rotor.

Electrical power output is what it has to be on each seperate ESC, and used a multimeter to confirm.

Please help me, I'm on the brink of throwing the drone into the garbage.
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarity, are all components up to date with the latest firmware, including the ESCs? Could you please provide a small video of the issue?
2016-12-11
Use props
unf0rg0tt3n
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-11 22:23
To clarity, are all components up to date with the latest firmware, including the ESCs? Could you please provide a small video of the issue?

Hi, yes offcourse, the video:
Regarding the updates; I did. everything last version (flight controller, NAZA M Lite and ESC = ver 1.3b)
As you can see around 2:19 - 2:30  the thing won't go up but sideways
2016-12-13
Use props
unf0rg0tt3n
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-11 22:23

2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

unf0rg0tt3n Posted at 2016-12-14 02:56
Hi, yes offcourse, the video: https://youtu.be/8VVi8cyWrPI
Regarding the updates; I did. everything last version (flight controller, NAZA M Lite and ESC = ver 1.3b)
As you can see around 2:19 - 2:30  the thing won't go up but sideways

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, the motor in question is motor 2 (the one you zoomed in on), correct? Do you notice a difference if you switched the ESC with another one (like swapping motor 2's ESC with Motor 1)?
2016-12-14
Use props
unf0rg0tt3n
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-14 22:35
Just to make sure I'm on the same page, the motor in question is motor 2 (the one you zoomed in on), correct? Do you notice a difference if you switched the ESC with another one (like swapping motor 2's ESC with Motor 1)?

Hi Jamie, I restarted twice with my build.
So i switched up motors when I did it the second time.

Also I can't manage to get my drone into compass calibration mode.
Kinda losing it
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

unf0rg0tt3n Posted at 2016-12-16 02:15
Hi Jamie, I restarted twice with my build.
So i switched up motors when I did it the second time.

Just to clarify, it wouldn't be the motor itself causing it to spin faster, but rather the ESC itself. When you restarted the build, did you also move around the ESCs? If so, do you recall if it's been consistently motor 2 that's been faster than the rest or was it a different one? That would let me know if it's an issue with the ESC or the flight controller. Because the E310s are more powerful motors than what's needed for this frame, try reducing the idle speed a bit.

For the compass calibration issue, I notice you're getting a calibration/interference warning in the Assistant. Because it was not shown in the video, have you tried performing an IMU calibration via the Tools page? Have you made sure your X,Y and Z values are correct in the Basic > Mounting section? In your RC settings, have you set the end points on the U channel to ensure that it hits GPS, Atti and your optional mode in the center as much as possible?
2016-12-15
Use props
unf0rg0tt3n
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-15 19:34
Just to clarify, it wouldn't be the motor itself causing it to spin faster, but rather the ESC itself. When you restarted the build, did you also move around the ESCs? If so, do you recall if it's been consistently motor 2 that's been faster than the rest or was it a different one? That would let me know if it's an issue with the ESC or the flight controller. Because the E310s are more powerful motors than what's needed for this frame, try reducing the idle speed a bit.

For the compass calibration issue, I notice you're getting a calibration/interference warning in the Assistant. Because it was not shown in the video, have you tried performing an IMU calibration via the Tools page? Have you made sure your X,Y and Z values are correct in the Basic > Mounting section? In your RC settings, have you set the end points on the U channel to ensure that it hits GPS, Atti and your optional mode in the center as much as possible?

Hi jamie.
I do recall, exactly the same ESC which gave the problem.
Also, I made a new vid:
Kinda looks like every motor gave the same result but still RED - YELLOW lights

Strange is that the drone spins clockwise
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

unf0rg0tt3n Posted at 2016-12-16 02:41
Hi jamie.
I do recall, exactly the same ESC which gave the problem.
Also, I made a new vid:

And you're certain that the motors are spinning in the direction they're supposed to? It's hard to tell once the motors are spinning. M2 and M4 should be spinning clockwise, while M1 and M3 spin counter clockwise. If one or more motors are spinning in the same direction, it could be causing the unit to spin when it's vibrating on the floor. Just to clarify, have you tried reducing the idle speed in this video?

The red/yellow LED sequence means that there is either GPS or compass interference/calibration problem. That was also confirmed in your previous video. Have you looked into the tips I provided for possible rectifying that?
Another thing I wanted to point out, the fast flashing yellow you're also getting indicates a low voltage warning. That may be fine if you know the battery is low. If it's fully charged and doing that, you need to double check your voltage settings for that battery in the Assistant or get a bigger capacity battery either in mAh or cell count. Those E310s siphon a good amount of power, so a tiny batterty may not cut it.
2016-12-15
Use props
unf0rg0tt3n
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-15 20:24
And you're certain that the motors are spinning in the direction they're supposed to? It's hard to tell once the motors are spinning. M2 and M4 should be spinning clockwise, while M1 and M3 spin counter clockwise. If one or more motors are spinning in the same direction, it could be causing the unit to spin when it's vibrating on the floor. Just to clarify, have you tried reducing the idle speed in this video?

The red/yellow LED sequence means that there is either GPS or compass interference/calibration problem. That was also confirmed in your previous video. Have you looked into the tips I provided for possible rectifying that?

The motor's are spinning the right way;
The battery voltage actually is low because I know i am not going to fly if not fixed;

My GPS/Compass calibration problem got something to do with error 27 I showed in my other video?
Where to find those tips ? somewhere on the forums here ?

Anyhow I am going to look at that
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

unf0rg0tt3n Posted at 2016-12-16 03:42
The motor's are spinning the right way;
The battery voltage actually is low because I know i am not going to fly if not fixed;

Since it looks like the unit is swaying back and forth it may be a combination of the motors being too strong and the unit wanting to toilet bowl due to the GPS errors. As previously mentioned, I would recommend reducing the idle speed and perhaps reducing the gains a bit as well.

For the GPS/Compass issue, error 27 is a common warning that happens. The main fix is performing an IMU calibration and reattempting a compass calibration. make sure your X,Y and Z values are correct in the Basic > Mounting section as well. Since you are having a hard time getting it into that mode, check your end points on the U channel to ensure that it hits GPS, Atti and your optional mode in the center as much as possible. There is a chance that it could be a bad GPS puck, but try this first and see if there's a difference.

Please let me know if this helps.
2016-12-15
Use props
unf0rg0tt3n
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-15 22:01
Since it looks like the unit is swaying back and forth it may be a combination of the motors being too strong and the unit wanting to toilet bowl due to the GPS errors. As previously mentioned, I would recommend reducing the idle speed and perhaps reducing the gains a bit as well.

For the GPS/Compass issue, error 27 is a common warning that happens. The main fix is performing an IMU calibration and reattempting a compass calibration. make sure your X,Y and Z values are correct in the Basic > Mounting section as well. Since you are having a hard time getting it into that mode, check your end points on the U channel to ensure that it hits GPS, Atti and your optional mode in the center as much as possible. There is a chance that it could be a bad GPS puck, but try this first and see if there's a difference.

I can see my U channel starts at 35 and 1000 So I guess that may explain What is going on with not flicking to GPS mode (if I am correct)
For the other values for the basic power. These are at 100%.
I will now use T6 config to check out what's wrong with that 35 and 1000 value
2016-12-15
Use props
unf0rg0tt3n
lvl.1
Netherlands

YES! Got the drone in the Calibration mode.
Used end point: 50% - 70%
reverse = on
Sub Trim = 0

Just configured in T6 for my TX. So U Channel is done

LED Code now is Green - Red - Red - Red when entering GPS mode (Inside a  7 story appartment)
Tomorrow I will test if the Motors itself will work the right way since calibration worked.

2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

unf0rg0tt3n Posted at 2016-12-16 06:24
YES! Got the drone in the Calibration mode.
Used end point: 50% - 70%
reverse = on

Good to hear at least one thing is sqared away so far. Please keep me posted on how your flight went.
2016-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules