PolarPro Mavic filters defect?
1428 11 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vixus
lvl.2

United States

I just received my 6 pack of filters from PolarPro. The package on these look very nice, but upon closer inspection, the build quality on these filters was not at the level I was expecting. Two issues I noticed:
1. The plastic finishing on the ring of the filter still has excess plastic left over. That's not a big deal as it won't have any impact on utility, but still I expect a pack of filters for $100 to have better QA.
2. On a bigger note, on 3 of the 6 filters, I can see that the filter doesn't quite extend to the end of the lens. In other words, I can see small areas on the edge of the filter that is just clear glass. I am pretty sure this will have impact on some of my shots as this means light will be bleeding through the filter. I haven't tested any footage yet, but I am already considering returning these filters until they have better quality control over their products.

Just thought I would share as I have been hearing a lot of quality issues on these filters on these forums.
IMG_2961.JPG
IMG_2962.JPG
2016-12-11
Use props
hridge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft
United States

Wow sorry to hear that..
2016-12-11
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

Lots of negative reports on the quality of their filters. Guess I'll be looking for an alternative. I don't care how good their customer service is or return policy is. I expect a quality product and not the inconvenience of sending a return due to poor QA.
2016-12-11
Use props
FPVJunkie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66421 ft
United States

I would definitely hit them up via email, they seem readily available and good customer support. So far, I'm not too impressed with what I have read regarding people receiving these filters. I've received mine, but I won't be home to open them until late-Jan. I'm kinda turned off on the fact that you have to install them after the gimbal is powered on and remove them when changing batteries, etc. Not sure I'll be keeping them, but I have a month and a half to decide. lol
2016-12-11
Use props
Vixus
lvl.2

United States

FPVJunkie Posted at 2016-12-12 04:22
I would definitely hit them up via email, they seem readily available and good customer support. So far, I'm not too impressed with what I have read regarding people receiving these filters. I've received mine, but I won't be home to open them until late-Jan. I'm kinda turned off on the fact that you have to install them after the gimbal is powered on and remove them when changing batteries, etc. Not sure I'll be keeping them, but I have a month and a half to decide. lol

I agree. I feel like when I'm mounting and unmounting these filters while it's on is going to cause stress to the gimbal. Just the fact that you are trying to hold them steady to take them off means that the gimbal will try to counteract your movements. I'm seriously wondering if this is safe...
2016-12-11
Use props
Vixus
lvl.2

United States

I read that they are coming out with the new cinema series filters that can be left on during calibration. Not sure exactly why they made these considering that it seems like a pretty essential feature. Have still yet to hear from Polar Pro support.
2016-12-12
Use props
FlashGJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 293379 ft
United States

Received my 6 pack and a couple of them fit so loosely that I would be afraid to fly with them. I will be returning them and waiting for the new ones. Not too impressed at this point.
2016-12-12
Use props
Drone Dude Alga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14227470 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Hi, have you tested filming with them? does it affect the footage? Tks for sharing
2016-12-22
Use props
Drone Dude Alga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14227470 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Hi, have you tested filming with them? does it affect the footage? Tks for sharing
2016-12-22
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Vixus,

Just shoot us an email, more than happy to get them replaced for you,
-Jeff
2016-12-22
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

col4bin Posted at 2016-12-11 12:21
Lots of negative reports on the quality of their filters. Guess I'll be looking for an alternative. I don't care how good their customer service is or return policy is. I expect a quality product and not the inconvenience of sending a return due to poor QA.

We are working to get 100% of our products to be perfect, as we work towards that goal, a couple defects could be passed along the way. If the filters are not to spec, we will gladly send out new ones, no need to send anything back

-Jeff
2016-12-22
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Vixus Posted at 2016-12-11 12:57
I agree. I feel like when I'm mounting and unmounting these filters while it's on is going to cause stress to the gimbal. Just the fact that you are trying to hold them steady to take them off means that the gimbal will try to counteract your movements. I'm seriously wondering if this is safe...

We have the Cinema Series which will not have to be installed after start-up. You are more than welcome to upgrade to these if you would like. Just shoot Dan.M@polarprofilters.com an email and he can get it set up.

The set you have is safe, but if you are not comfortable with that process we have the filters below too:

These are the new CS filters: https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... ries-filters-6-pack
2016-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules