Magnetic interference from battery
12Next >
5409 40 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans72488b36
lvl.1

United States

i just received two new Mavic batteries.  Took a few flights to try them out.  It quickly became apparent that the batteries are causing magnetic intererence at high discharge.  When in sport mode, and flying at max speed, the DJI go app throws up a warning that there is magnetic interference, fly with 'cautious'.  As soon as I slow down, or stop, the warning disappears.  I've never seen this behaviour with my original battery.  Has anyone else encountered this?
(Edit I am seeing this with my original battery too now.
2016-12-11
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just had the exact same thing happen to me during my flight today. In sport mode I got multiple warnings about magnetic interference.  It was also a new battery I received last week.
ANY insight DJI?
2016-12-11
Use props
fans72488b36
lvl.1

United States

Glad someone else can verify this.  Making me a bit nervous to fly with the new batteries, as I often fly fast in sport mode.Note: this is with new Firmware : v01.03.0000
2016-12-11
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

Yes, I have the same thing. I just received my Mavic Pro but it keeps telling me I have magnetic interference. It let me calibrate the compass once but not since, and it took 12 attempts to get the calibration the first time. I haven't flown my Mavic yet because I don't want to fly when it tells me I have magnetic interference.
DO you think it's because of the new batteries they are making or is it the new firmware upgrade?

DJI please respond. I really want to fly my Mavic. the whole week coming up is supposed to sunny. Rare for our wet winters.
2016-12-11
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
Australia

I got the same when flying over a shore / the sea - nothing metallic or ferrous there. After reading this I assume it was from the flight while fighting high-ish winds. Once I stopped moving and hovered the warning went away.
2016-12-11
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 431417 ft
Canada

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2016-12-11 21:34
I got the same when flying over a shore / the sea - nothing metallic or ferrous there. After reading this I assume it was from the flight while fighting high-ish winds. Once I stopped moving and hovered the warning went away.

Please read the post here regarding this issue.  You're lucky to be on firmware 1.03, otherwise your Mavic could have gone into TBE... Contact DJI as this could possibly be a problem with a faulty cable placement within the Mavic and needs to be serviced.  See post #20 in the linked thread...
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please provide some screenshots of the error message? What mobile device you are using and what's the DJI GO version?
2016-12-12
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Australia

Providing screenshots may be hard as the error (for me) stops as soon as you stop moving. Which you would have to do to press the screenshot buttons, right?

DJI-Mindy, can you please find out if there is a known issue in support with this mentioned "misrouted cable" ?

I will be raising a support case once I get back from my holiday.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2016-12-12 18:32
Providing screenshots may be hard as the error (for me) stops as soon as you stop moving. Which you would have to do to press the screenshot buttons, right?

DJI-Mindy, can you please find out if there is a known issue in support with this mentioned "misrouted cable" ?

Maybe you could use a screen record software to record a short video, if convenient.
And I've reported this issue. If our engineers need more information, I'll let you know.
2016-12-12
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Australia

Thanks. I will try.
If it helps, I have synced my flights under this name/account and the Mavic flights from the 11th Dec (Eastern Australian time!) all exhibited this behaviour at the start while I flew from take-off to the location a few hundred meters north.
2016-12-12
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft
United Kingdom

I have the exact same issue. Sports mode at full throttle and it goes mental. Looses gps and drifts away. I only have the original battery so not that
2016-12-12
Use props
Nymble
lvl.1

United States

I've posted a video of the behavior .
2016-12-12
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

This is concerning.
2016-12-12
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-12 02:43
Maybe you could use a screen record software to record a short video, if convenient.
And I've reported this issue. If our engineers need more information, I'll let you know.

Hi Mindy,

I was able to capture this happening. I was in Sports mode.. and right when the video starts I'm starting to push the right stick full forward. As soon as it was full speed you see the error come up. I was able to reproduce this every time.

2016-12-12
Use props
FedsRevenge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2487 ft
Norway

Can't deny the fact in the video. This only happens in sport mode? How about when RTH against wind?
2016-12-12
Use props
Travis199
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144039 ft
United Kingdom

Bizarre that yours says magnetic interference yet mine says compass errors when doing the same thing
2016-12-12
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FedsRevenge Posted at 2016-12-12 15:04
Can't deny the fact in the video. This only happens in sport mode? How about when RTH against wind?

Only in sports mode this occurred. I don't know about RTH though, honestly.. I'm more of a fly-manually type of guy.
2016-12-12
Use props
FedsRevenge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2487 ft
Norway

Just concerned this could happen if you loose connection with the remote and it tries to return home and has to fight wind. Wouldn't that push the motors to the point this happens?
2016-12-12
Use props
IIJBII
lvl.1

United States

That's very concerning. I'd fly with caution. Unfortunately, it looks like there's a fair amount of "quirks" with the Mavic pro. Some of these issues could be dangerous.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nymble Posted at 2016-12-13 06:49
I've posted a video of the behavior Here.

Could you please upload the flight data and flight records to dropbox and send me the link?
Please follow below method to find the app logs and flight data :
App logs:
Android:Link your mobile device to a computer, the follow this file path: \DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord\
iOS system:Connect your iPhone to iTunes then find the flight record in the DJI GO APP folder.

Flight data:
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.
Here is a video tutorial for reference:

2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mir Posted at 2016-12-13 07:01
Hi Mindy,

I was able to capture this happening. I was in Sports mode.. and right when the video starts I'm starting to push the right stick full forward. As soon as it was full speed you see the error come up. I was able to reproduce this every time.

Thanks.
Could you please upload the flight data and flight records to dropbox and send me the link?
Please follow below method to find the app logs and flight data :
App logs:
Android:Link your mobile device to a computer, the follow this file path: \DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord\
iOS system:Connect your iPhone to iTunes then find the flight record in the DJI GO APP folder.

Flight data:
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.
Here is a video tutorial for reference:
2016-12-12
Use props
Nymble
lvl.1

United States

Here is a link to the flight record of the video that I posted: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xodmmr ... 26-46%255d.txt?dl=0
2016-12-13
Use props
Blade Breaker 0
lvl.2

United States

Nymble Posted at 2016-12-13 23:36
Here is a link to the flight record of the video that I posted: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xodmmr0knesopma/DJIFlightRecord_2016-12-12_%255b14-26-46%255d.txt?dl=0

Same exact thing happens on my AC. I have not seen anything bad happen as soon as you slow down a bit from full throttle all is happy.

RTH in S mode if the AC goes full throttle may be an issue?
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mir Posted at 2016-12-12 17:01
Hi Mindy,

I had the magnetic interference as well,  I calibrated the compass and it no longer appeared.
Make sure when you calibrate the compass thee is no metal around and no metal in your pockets (phone, keys, jewelry) and set the RC/phone on the ground several feet away from you when you start the calibration.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Could you please upload the flight data as well? And please click the "Reply" button, so I can see you're responding to me.
2016-12-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-13 11:41
I had the magnetic interference as well,  I calibrated the compass and it no longer appeared.
Make sure when you calibrate the compass thee is no metal around and no metal in your pockets (phone, keys, jewelry) and set the RC/phone on the ground several feet away from you when you start the calibration.

No gold or silver rings on your hands either.
2016-12-15
Use props
Nymble
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-15 03:14
Could you please upload the flight data as well? And please click the "Reply" button, so I can see you're responding to me.

I'm not sure what you are referring to as flight "data".  I followed the info you posted about the flight "record".  Nvm, I'll have it in a minute.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-12-15 04:40
No gold or silver rings on your hands either.

Yes, to be safe take ANYTHING with metal in it, remove it before a compass calibration.
I've been doing that for years and have never once had an issue.
When I got the Mavic my first flight I got a Magnetic Interference warning and after calibration, it's been 100% flying 100% perfectly.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nymble Posted at 2016-12-15 22:58
I'm not sure what you are referring to as flight "data".  I followed the info you posted about the flight "record".  Nvm, I'll have it in a minute.

Please connect your aircraft to DJI Assistant. You could refer to the video to export the flight data.
Thank you for your cooperation.
2016-12-16
Use props
Stu-pak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144570 ft
South Africa

Nymble Posted at 2016-12-12 14:49
I've posted a video of the behavior Here.

Hi Nymble,

Did you ever manage to figure out what caused it? or be able to stop it from happening?
Im having the same issue even when I'm in normal mode and using full stick.
Just trying to search the forum to see if there is a solution as it sucks not being able to use full stick without errors.

Thanks
2017-1-4
Use props
mavicme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35738 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad I saw this thread.. I got the same magnetic interference warning flying sports mode. I got worried flew it back and landed
2017-1-5
Use props
Andrejs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

I had the same problem, but also GPS turn off and coming to ATTI mode
I think it was because I was flying in new spot without compass calibration.
Now I try to make compass calibration each time when I am in new spot and so far this helps. Compass calibration not taking a lot of time so it is better to make I think.
2017-1-5
Use props
Stu-pak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144570 ft
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-12 02:43

Hi Mindy,

Has anything come back after you reported it to the engineers last month or any suggestion what we should be doing to resolve this issue. As the others have stated and shown above in their videos, it happens every time i push the sticks close to full in either normal and sport mode.
(I've done every calibration possible).

I.e. have people been resolving it themselves, or is this an issue where our mavics may need to be sent back?

Thanks.
2017-1-5
Use props
Andrejs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

Stu-pak Posted at 2017-1-5 01:16
Hi Mindy,

Has anything come back after you reported it to the engineers last month or any suggestion what we should be doing to resolve this issue. As the others have stated and shown above in their videos, it happens every time i push the sticks close to full in either normal and sport mode.

In my opinion if calibrations not help you should contact DJI and send it back for repair.
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Stu-pak Posted at 2017-1-5 01:16
Hi Mindy,

Sorry for the late reply.
This issue should be fixed in the latest firmware version. Did you update the firmware?
2017-1-7
Use props
fans2783c9e0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12405 ft
Malta

I had the same proplem with mine today and red alerts kept coming up on the screen. A few minutes later, my drone started drifting away and the stick controlers would not allow me to take control of my drone. The final result, my drone got lost at sea. :-(
2017-4-15
Use props
Delta 1
lvl.1
Malta

Where ever I go with the Mavic Pro, it states the same. And I blammed it on the latest firmware 600. Ever since I did the update everything started going nuts.
2017-5-5
Use props
Delta 1
lvl.1
Malta

fans2783c9e0 Posted at 2017-4-15 15:12
I had the same proplem with mine today and red alerts kept coming up on the screen. A few minutes later, my drone started drifting away and the stick controlers would not allow me to take control of my drone. The final result, my drone got lost at sea. :-(

OMG Fan2783c9e0... Mine did the very same thing. But thanks to DJI,  I got a new one.
2017-5-5
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

There is another post out there somewhere - maybe another forum,  that documents electronic noise from unshielded motor wiring interfering with compass readings. Seems to be major problem in sport mode. Several DIY fixes proposed http://forum.dji.com/thread-94664-1-1.html
2017-5-5
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Here it is. http://mavicpilots.com/threads/diy-rear-compass-cabling-fix.8349/
2017-5-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now