Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drone Odyssey Posted at 2016-12-17 11:32
OK I opened the GO Pro.... I see where it asks if I want to synch....I didn't know if I should so..I didn't.
I just synched all tonight.

Again, not to worry, your new P4 has a different flight controller serial number and will not be mixed up with the crashed P4.
2016-12-16
Use props
Drone Odyssey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-17 11:34
Again, not to worry, your new P4 has a different flight controller serial number and will not be mixed up with the crashed P4.

OK..
I can clear the flight data on the GO app and start anew flying the new P4

Same for the GO4 app...clear the data and have just my Mavic Pro flights there..

I better go and read ALL of the user manuals P4 and Mavic from beginning to end....Time permitting...
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Drone Odyssey Posted at 2016-12-17 12:21
OK..
I can clear the flight data on the GO app and start anew flying the new P4

That is correct, but when and if you sync, everything on the DJI server will download to whatever device you are using.
Also, hit the reply once, your last post posted 3 times. I deleted 2
2016-12-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AnyKill Posted at 2016-12-16 21:35
P4 is not supported on the new V4 interface?

As far as I'm aware it is, or at least it works well with my P4. The listing in Apple store appears to have been updated as well.

DJI Go 4 - For Phantom 4, Mavic and Inspire 2.

DJI GO - For Phantom 3, Inspire 1, OSMO and Matrix
2016-12-17
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-17 01:40
Good to hear, and yes great advice. Everyone needs to read the manual cover to cover and also understand all the features, functions, and limitations.
If you fully understand your aircraft and it's capabilities, you will love it.

Major problem Ken I have a 1no esc error and I have done everything to try to get it to work and it won't let me get my craft to work.... I knew something was to good to be true with the software and the latest firmware.

2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-17 21:29
Major problem Ken I have a 1no esc error and I have done everything to try to get it to work and it won't let me get my craft to work.... I knew something was to good to be true with the software and the latest firmware.

I am sorry about that, if you have an ESC error more than likely you would need to send the aircraft back.
You can try a factory reset or firmware refresh and see if it clears up but it may not work.
2016-12-17
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-17 23:38
I am sorry about that, if you have an ESC error more than likely you would need to send the aircraft back.
You can try a factory reset or firmware refresh and see if it clears up but it may not work.

yes and I found the problem why I notice the arm that I complaint about telling you that the cable was a bit to long because it looks like with time all the bending it it could get damage even though physically it does not look damage, but its that when I turn on the craft the props of the other motor initiates but the one with that problem I took a photo and send to you well that one is not moving, the reason well opening and closing might of broken some of the filaments inside cable arms even though its not looking physically broken but I knew it would give me some problem and sure enough this has been the problem with all the glitches I am guessing. I need to send it back or have it replace because this came with a longer cable from factory..
2016-12-17
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-17 23:38

no its not that its that stupid cable I mention to you from factory I took a photo of which is on the front arm that seems 2 to 3 mmm longer the other arm works fine but the right one is a tad longer that one I knew with time was going to give me a problem and now it does..
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-18 00:06
yes and I found the problem why I notice the arm that I complaint about telling you that the cable was a bit to long because it looks like with time all the bending it it could get damage even though physically it does not look damage, but its that when I turn on the craft the props of the other motor initiates but the one with that problem I took a photo and send to you well that one is not moving, the reason well opening and closing might of broken some of the filaments inside cable arms even though its not looking physically broken but I knew it would give me some problem and sure enough this has been the problem with all the glitches I am guessing. I need to send it back or have it replace because this came with a longer cable from factory..

Understood and responded to you PM.
2016-12-17
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

After everything is said and done the DJI Go 4 App is the better App for the Mavic Pro. The editing software is a very nice bonus, but I can see some people taking an offense to it because their phones are only 16 MB. I personally love the editing software. and would like to see more of it.

Perhaps DJI could split the App in two and make a separate App for those of us that like a fuller DJI editing software that is aimed directly at our DJI drone cameras. Then those that have smaller storage on their phones could also use it on their computers.

2016-12-17
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-18 00:33
Understood and responded to you PM.

I have sent you an email with the problem
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-17 14:06
I have sent you an email with the problem

Received and responded.
2016-12-17
Use props
PaX8PYTNuIsF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 444964 ft
United States

Why is the focus/exposure mode button (that used to be to the left of AE button) now gone? I used that button a lot to set exposure on a gray card, then locked that exposure .
2016-12-17
Use props
Pello
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11988 ft
Austria

DJI GO 4 still drains the crap out of my battery even when its not running in the background... i have to forece close it... I know it needs to run in the background in order to detect the drone but why don't you guys add somehtin like an Energy Saving Mode wich disables the auto detection?
2016-12-17
Use props
fans0bcc801a
lvl.1
United States

I had an issue because of these confusing two apps. I installed both and ran go 4 first, but found that I couldn't link to the controller. I thought that the link between the controller and the aircraft was successful because the RC displayed the green light. Then the problem should be because of the connection between rc and the ac. I uninstalled both of go and go 4, but it didn't solve the problem. After a few hours of hard time I uninstalled all of them and deleted all the folders because I wanted to erase the cache. After that I installed go and after a couple of try I made the link between rc and go. There were no troubleshooting guides regarding it, though it could be expected.
2016-12-17
Use props
FlyLight
lvl.2

Australia

I'd like to put in a request to return the MF/AF option. Once I'm in the air I don't need to refocus, and when it does it by itself it causes focus "breathing" which ruins the shot and is entirely unnecessary.
The Art colour was useful too for the look I use, and that's gone too. :-(
2016-12-17
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

thehippoz Posted at 2016-12-14 09:44
Any issues with the newest firmware? After reading the couple crashes on this forum, I didn't upgrade yet

I've flown quite a bit with this version and have no problems to report.
2016-12-18
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
New Zealand

fansae63899d Posted at 2016-12-15 15:02
Yep, that comes in addition.
I can only have one DJI GO app installed. If I have both, neither is working.

You can install both but on Android, you can only run one at a time. This is stated elsewhere on this forum
2016-12-18
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
New Zealand

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-15 18:50
So far I have only had a few minor glitches but after today the new GO App 4.01 update fixed the over exposure warning stripes.   I tested most everything else and it was working just fine.
Rich
[view_image]

Yep- no issues with the new app.
2016-12-18
Use props
3hd9Aq2UtQlM
lvl.2

United States

Any update on the lens calibration feature? It never appeared in DJI Go 4 on iOS for me. I have issues with OOF on the right side of my screen. Hoping this will fix and I won't have to send in.
2016-12-18
Use props
The Vaping wolf
lvl.2
United States

hope the weather is nice tomorrow for when my p4 shows up. been using premire cc to edit vids made with my upair drone.   interested in seeing what this editor is like to use.
2016-12-19
Use props
la_panza
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1123133 ft
  • >>>
Italy

ueuezaza Posted at 2016-12-12 15:09
I really hope this is only a temporary solution, but for me, owning both an OSMO and a Mavic it's ridiculous to have two different apps (2x 200MB) for the same purpose. I hope you are going to integrate all the products in one single app.

I have Mavic, Osmo Mobile, Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 2 Vision +, according to DJI I shoould have THREE apps..  since P2V+ is only siupported by the earliest DJI Vision app....
Fortunately, DJI Go 3 does well with Mavic, Osmo and P3P, so I wander
Why should I step up to DJI GO 4? Do I really have a reason to?
2016-12-20
Use props
ueuezaza
lvl.2
Flight distance : 457976 ft
Italy

la_panza Posted at 2016-12-20 11:07
I have Mavic, Osmo Mobile, Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 2 Vision +, according to DJI I shoould have THREE apps..  since P2V+ is only siupported by the earliest DJI Vision app....
Fortunately, DJI Go 3 does well with Mavic, Osmo and P3P, so I wander
Why should I step up to DJI GO 4? Do I really have a reason to?

The 4.0 does have some functions more if you use the Mavic (for example auto-focus)
2016-12-20
Use props
ehron
New

United States

The Go 4 app crashes for me every single time I open it with my phone in landscape orientation (which is all the time when it's in the controller). The app also frequently crashes for me while I'm flying, so I've been using the old DJI Go app for now because it seems to be more stable. I have the latest version of G0 4 (4.0.1), and I'm running Android 7.1.1 on my Nexus 6P.
2016-12-22
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

I am using a Samsung S6 Edge and the new maps are awful reLly poor quality image at all zoomed in/out levels via wifi and 4g, also we Still do not hvethe drone centred during filght you have to expand the map view during filght and find your drone .... this is totally stupid.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ehron Posted at 2016-12-23 02:08
The Go 4 app crashes for me every single time I open it with my phone in landscape orientation (which is all the time when it's in the controller). The app also frequently crashes for me while I'm flying, so I've been using the old DJI Go app for now because it seems to be more stable. I have the latest version of G0 4 (4.0.1), and I'm running Android 7.1.1 on my Nexus 6P.

We've transferred your crash log to our engineers for evaluation, will get back to you for any news.
2016-12-22
Use props
berkay
lvl.2

United States

Can anybody clarify should we use DJI GO 4 or DJI GO app with Phantom 4?

Thanks in advance.
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

berkay Posted at 2016-12-25 08:52
Can anybody clarify should we use DJI GO 4 or DJI GO app with Phantom 4?

Thanks in advance.

Phantom 4 supports both DJI GO 4 and DJI GO APP.
If you have installed the DJI GO APP already in your device, just keep it and no need use another one.
2016-12-24
Use props
berkay
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-25 01:52
Phantom 4 supports both DJI GO 4 and DJI GO APP.
If you have installed the DJI GO APP already in your device, just keep it and no need use another one.

Thank you for your response.

I'll go ahead and use DJI GO for a while until people experience with DJI GO 4 a little bit more.
2016-12-25
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Do we risk not being covered under warranty if we are using the DJI GO app and not the DJI GO 4 while flying a p4?
2016-12-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MrPinaColada Posted at 2016-12-26 12:39
Do we risk not being covered under warranty if we are using the DJI GO app and not the DJI GO 4 while flying a p4?

Phantom 4 supports both DJI GO APP and DJI GO 4. We'll help you evaluate it for any problems, if it's product faulty, and accord with after-sales policy, it will be covered by warranty.
If you use other third-party APPs while flying phantom 4, and damage is caused by that APP, it will not be covered by warranty.
If you have a P4P, you must use DJI GO 4.
2016-12-25
Use props
NestleQuik
New
United States

my only question is, is it mandatory to download the Go4 app, i am currently a new purchaser of the Mavic Pro with it being my only DJI product and the go app i downloaded in December of 2016 which i am assuming is the Go3 is working fine enough for me.  it does not say Go4 at all. Without downloading the new 4 App will it affect my use of operating the Mavic using the current app now or in the future. in other words at some point will i have to add the Go4 app or will the Go3 app and firmware i currently have keep me happy and flying???
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

NestleQuik Posted at 2016-12-28 03:29
my only question is, is it mandatory to download the Go4 app, i am currently a new purchaser of the Mavic Pro with it being my only DJI product and the go app i downloaded in December of 2016 which i am assuming is the Go3 is working fine enough for me.  it does not say Go4 at all. Without downloading the new 4 App will it affect my use of operating the Mavic using the current app now or in the future. in other words at some point will i have to add the Go4 app or will the Go3 app and firmware i currently have keep me happy and flying???

Both DJI GO APP and DJI GO 4 support Mavic, if DJI GO 3 is working perfectly with your Mavic, there is no need to install DJI GO 4 into your device.
DJI GO APP keeps upgrading, no worries, please enjoy your flight and feel free to contact us for any questions.
2016-12-27
Use props
Warnberg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24764 ft
United States

Is there anywhere I can find the list of enhancements or changes made in DJI GO 4 v DJI GO?  Since I have the option to use either I'd like to know what the differences are before I make any changes.

Seems to me DJI has a tendency to be lacking in the documentation department particularly when it comes to software, just an observation.

Thanks
2016-12-28
Use props
daniel19
lvl.1
United States

Is there a list of supported tablets/phones for the DJI GO 4 App?

I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (the 7" version with LTE) to be dedicated for use with the Mavic. Whenever using the DJI GO or the DJI GO 4 app I initially experience very long latency in the video stream as seen on the tablet, as much as 10 seconds delayed. If I exit the app and enter again the delay is less than 250ms. I don't know why it doesn't work and then it appears to work. I can reproduce this issue every time I use it.

Could you please add this tablet to the list of supported devices please? It really is a good size for the remote.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 LTE on Sprint SM-237P

Thanks
2016-12-31
Use props
Cookedinlh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4939754 ft
  • >>>
Canada

My brand new P4Pro+ GO4 app connects to the aircraft but the GO4 app crashes as soon as I hit "GO FLY". . . every time . . . I have done a factory reset, deleted or cleared settings and reinstalled multiple times. Aircraft firmware is v.0203 controller 1.1.1.1 and GO4 v 4.0.0(12)   Is there any way to fix this or is it perhaps a hardware fault in the controller?
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

daniel19 Posted at 2016-12-31 20:35
Is there a list of supported tablets/phones for the DJI GO 4 App?

I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 (the 7" version with LTE) to be dedicated for use with the Mavic. Whenever using the DJI GO or the DJI GO 4 app I initially experience very long latency in the video stream as seen on the tablet, as much as 10 seconds delayed. If I exit the app and enter again the delay is less than 250ms. I don't know why it doesn't work and then it appears to work. I can reproduce this issue every time I use it.
The problem you described seems to be caused by incompatibility, please try another mobile device to check the performance.
Here is the list for your reference, you could also check it on DJI official website:
IOS Version v4.0.1.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.0.1.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2017-1-1
Use props
fans441f193a
New

United States

I have the Mavic Pro and both the DJI Go and Go 4 apps on my Google Pixel.  The GO 4 app constantly crashes mid flight to the point where it is unusable.  I am now using the original DJI Go app with more success but it is still buggy.  This is as of 1/2/2017 - anyone else experiencing the same?
2017-1-3
Use props
LukasBlecha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 577543 ft
Czechia

I am unable to use DJI OSMO when DJI GO 4 app for my DJI MAVIC is also installed on the same phone (Samsung Galaxy S7). When I uninstall GO 4 app, everything works as usual. App is force closed of course and only way how to use DJI GO with Osmo is to uninstall DJI GO 4! Please help!

DJI GO: 3.1.1
DJI GO 4: 4.0.1
Samsung Galaxy S7: Android 6.0.1 (latest stable)
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans441f193a Posted at 2017-1-3 04:45
I have the Mavic Pro and both the DJI Go and Go 4 apps on my Google Pixel.  The GO 4 app constantly crashes mid flight to the point where it is unusable.  I am now using the original DJI Go app with more success but it is still buggy.  This is as of 1/2/2017 - anyone else experiencing the same?

We're aware of the crash issue for DJI GO 4 and will get it fixed with next version.
For the original DJI GO, would you please describe the issue in detail, we'd like to help you solve it.
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules