Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO vs. DJI GO 4
164580 246 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

LukasBlecha Posted at 2017-1-3 08:36
I am unable to use DJI OSMO when DJI GO 4 app for my DJI MAVIC is also installed on the same phone (Samsung Galaxy S7). When I uninstall GO 4 app, everything works as usual. App is force closed of course and only way how to use DJI GO with Osmo is to uninstall DJI GO 4! Please help!

DJI GO: 3.1.1

Would you please try another mobile device with both DJI GO 3 and 4 installed, then check whether it will be force closed when using OSMO?
2017-1-3
Use props
oMgU2spXEpjm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33743 ft
United States

I have a P4 (purchased 10/2016) and have been using the DJI go app.  What additional features or advantages are there for the P4 owner in the DJI Go 4 app?
2017-1-5
Use props
Odan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

I got my P4 for XSmas. I installed the DJI go4 app only.  I have had no problems with the drone so far. Does it matter if a drone  has only the one app ?  I see where some people have both the go and go 4...am I missing out on something ??
2017-1-8
Use props
Dangerousdaveki
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have also had disconnects every time I have flown my new Mavic.   I am using a new LGV20.   The app will just turn off.  The Mavic will just sit there until I restart the app.   The drone will still fly with the controller.
Hope there is a new up date coming soon.  Also I do loose the video feed just before the app crashes.   I want to like the DJI GO4 app but might have to go back to the DJI GO.   My P4 fly's great with the original.
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Odan Posted at 2017-1-8 09:59
I got my P4 for XSmas. I installed the DJI go4 app only.  I have had no problems with the drone so far. Does it matter if a drone  has only the one app ?  I see where some people have both the go and go 4...am I missing out on something ??

Odan, it's fine with only one APP installed on your mobile device.
2017-1-9
Use props
Altitude Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Natalia.

I've just got my Inspire2 which is great. On the go4 APP some of the intelligent flight modes are greyed out with a 'Coming Soon' message. They seem to be available when using the Mavic or P4 Pro but not with the Inspire2..

When do you think these modes will be activated? I've upgraded from the Inspire1 and use these modes often for survey and inspection work.

Thanks very much
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Altitude Drones Posted at 2017-1-11 04:14
Hi Natalia.

I've just got my Inspire2 which is great. On the go4 APP some of the intelligent flight modes are greyed out with a 'Coming Soon' message. They seem to be available when using the Mavic or P4 Pro but not with the Inspire2..

Would you please post a screenshot here? thanks.
2017-1-11
Use props
FeetUp
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

When can we expect the Flight simulator for Inspire 2 in DJI Go 4?
Why does the option for beginner Mode disappear when connected to the powered up drone.
2017-1-12
Use props
Andyg01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 256624 ft
United Kingdom

Question : Sync Your flight records

Where does it Sync that data to and can this be viewed online?

Thanks
2017-1-12
Use props
juicedrummer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27871 ft
United States

When will we be able to get the latest app version on the P4P+ version?  Do we have to wait for new RC firmware in order to get the latest app on my plus controller?  Seems ridiculous...
2017-1-12
Use props
Spiderpig
lvl.1

United States

Ok so I've been using DJI Go 4 with my Mavic and noticed something.   I don't have that auto focus/exposure box next to AE lock.  In DJI Go app, it's there with the Mavic and my P3S - but in DJI Go 4 it's not.  How can we set exposure via tapping in DJI GO 4?
2017-1-12
Use props
RaVeNsFiRe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1292493 ft
United States

Spiderpig Posted at 2017-1-12 18:29
Ok so I've been using DJI Go 4 with my Mavic and noticed something.   I don't have that auto focus/exposure box next to AE lock.  In DJI Go app, it's there with the Mavic and my P3S - but in DJI Go 4 it's not.  How can we set exposure via tapping in DJI GO 4?

Is that the one where it has the square for focus and if you tap on that square it turns to a circle for exposure?
2017-1-13
Use props
Les nagel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 413435 ft
United States

I've had my p4pro plus since dec 17 and have had connection issues anytime it gets over 500 -600 feet away finally the other day it just dropped
When you spend 2000$ on an item that says it can do things and then doesn't work properly I believe that's a manufacturer issue and it should be covered under warranty
2017-1-14
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Les nagel Posted at 2017-1-14 04:08
I've had my p4pro plus since dec 17 and have had connection issues anytime it gets over 500 -600 feet away finally the other day it just dropped
When you spend 2000$ on an item that says it can do things and then doesn't work properly I believe that's a manufacturer issue and it should be covered under warranty

When you say dropped, do you mean you crashed it, or was something faulty, or it just dropped connection an returned home ?

2017-1-14
Use props
Spiderpig
lvl.1

United States

RaVeNsFiRe Posted at 2017-1-13 08:12
Is that the one where it has the square for focus and if you tap on that square it turns to a circle for exposure?

Yep.  Why did they take it out?  How do I tap to set exposure now?  I can't seem to do cool sunsets unless I got back to the DJI Go app.
2017-1-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

FeetUp Posted at 2017-1-12 07:12
Hi,

When can we expect the Flight simulator for Inspire 2 in DJI Go 4?

Thanks for your feedback, I'll transfer the info to our engineers.
2017-1-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Andyg01 Posted at 2017-1-12 07:20
Question : Sync Your flight records

Where does it Sync that data to and can this be viewed online?

It will be saved to the server, you can login to DJI GO APP and playback the records to check the information or you can contact our tech support if you want to get the records analyzed.
2017-1-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

juicedrummer Posted at 2017-1-12 11:05
When will we be able to get the latest app version on the P4P+ version?  Do we have to wait for new RC firmware in order to get the latest app on my plus controller?  Seems ridiculous...

Since the APP is upgraded together with RC firmware recently, we need wait until the new RC firmware is released. While the APP can be upgraded separately in near future, and we're working on it now.
Please feel free to let us know if you're faced with any problems about it.
2017-1-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Les nagel Posted at 2017-1-14 04:08

What do you mean by "drop"?
Have you contacted our tech support to report this case?
2017-1-15
Use props
KameronaTm
lvl.1
United States

Is it dangerous to run dji go with the mavic? I would like to try the simulator too
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

KameronaTm Posted at 2017-1-18 20:04
Is it dangerous to run dji go with the mavic? I would like to try the simulator too

If you want to try the simulator, you need connect aircraft to remote and run DJI GO. Please uninstall the propellers.
2017-1-19
Use props
KameronaTm
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-19 00:01
If you want to try the simulator, you need connect aircraft to remote and run DJI GO. Please uninstall the propellers.

My iPad mini only download dji go (not go4) is it safe to use it?
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

KameronaTm Posted at 2017-1-20 12:59
My iPad mini only download dji go (not go4) is it safe to use it?

It's ok, there is no need to install both apps.
Please keep an eye on the screen for any notifications during the flight, hope you enjoy it.
2017-1-22
Use props
fansdd9684fa
lvl.1
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-12-13 12:05
Its already there. Look up General Settings.

Yes, it's in the menu. Having the option to look at in a menu is great. But that doesn't really do any good when the feature says TEMPORARILY DISABLED when you try to live stream. Can you at least tell us what is going on? Is there a reason I can't live stream with my P4P but friends with P3 CAN???
2017-1-25
Use props
foumanvilla
New

Iran

سلام. آیا میشه به جای تبلت و گوشی، از لپ تاپ برای کنترل و نمایش تصاویر زنده این فانتوم استفاده کرد؟ فرض که گوشی نداریم.
بعدش اینکه کیفیت تصاویر دوربین این هلی شات در مقایسه با دوربین های موبایل های پرچم دار یا موبایل های میان رده چطور است؟
2017-1-29
Use props
foumanvilla
New

Iran

hi. i have phantom 4 pro. and my phone is huawei mediapad x1 . but do not show live video on my phone. whay? what should i do?
2017-1-29
Use props
shoxer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2621 ft
Ireland

LukasBlecha Posted at 2017-1-3 08:36
I am unable to use DJI OSMO when DJI GO 4 app for my DJI MAVIC is also installed on the same phone (Samsung Galaxy S7). When I uninstall GO 4 app, everything works as usual. App is force closed of course and only way how to use DJI GO with Osmo is to uninstall DJI GO 4! Please help!

DJI GO: 3.1.1

Did You found a solution for that? I've just installed DJI GO 4 and its disconnecting all the time from mavic and my osmo+ stopped working with dji go :/
2017-2-2
Use props
Moonbeam 1
New

United States

I really hope that at some point there will be an option to display the aircraft gps coordinates and heading in the app real-time as it is in flight. That would be extremely helpful to a lot of people in a variety of applications!
2017-2-4
Use props
Betelgeuse
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm using an early iPad mini (2012) for the time being with my Phantom 4, it's ok but the image does stutter and freeze. Do I install DJI GO 4, or am I best staying with DGI GO until I can upgrade my device?

Thanks.
2017-2-5
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Betelgeuse Posted at 2017-2-5 07:51
I'm using an early iPad mini (2012) for the time being with my Phantom 4, it's ok but the image does stutter and freeze. Do I install DJI GO 4, or am I best staying with DGI GO until I can upgrade my device?

Thanks.

You could always try it and see, DJI Go 4 is a separate application to DJI Go not an upgrade to it, so both can be installed on device at same time. It's unlikely you would notice any improvement with DJI Go 4, but you never know, it might be less demanding in some respects.
2017-2-5
Use props
Betelgeuse
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-5 07:57
You could always try it and see, DJI Go 4 is a separate application to DJI Go not an upgrade to it, so both can be installed on device at same time. It's unlikely you would notice any improvement with DJI Go 4, but you never know, it might be less demanding in some respects.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
2017-2-5
Use props
fans475834c3
New

United States

I am using the DJI Go 4 app on an Acer Iconia Tab 8 with my Phantom 4.  The problem I'm having is that the video feed from the Phantom to the Tablet is displaying bands of pixelization when flying, and when viewing the recorded video on the memory card.  Even when the Phantom is only a few feet from me when I am viewing the recorded video on the memory card, the image on the tablet is hard to see because of the banding.  I found that I was able to significantly improve the issue by going into the app settings and changing the live video settings from "Auto" to "Custom" and lowing the bit rate to the lowest setting.  However, when took it out of the "Auto setting,  it seems to lock on to one transmission channel (e.g. Channel 20).  I'm wondering if there are risks for selecting an individual transmission channel versus letting the Phantom select the best channel dynamically with the lowest interference?  I'm assuming that when using the "auto" setting, the Phantom will hop to the clearest channel when it encounters interference on one channel.  If one channel is locked onto, and interference is encountered on that channel, is it likel just to drop the image completely?
2017-2-5
Use props
Cdog1
New

United States

When is the dji go 4 ap getting fixed, now can't even open, instant crash, numerous complaints. Well documented fix now
2017-2-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

foumanvilla Posted at 2017-1-29 00:34
hi. i have phantom 4 pro. and my phone is huawei mediapad x1 . but do not show live video on my phone. whay? what should i do?

The remote is connected to aircraft properly, right?
Please try to restart the device, unplug the USB cable and plug it again.
You installed the latest DJI GO 4?
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cdog1 Posted at 2017-2-5 15:35
When is the dji go 4 ap getting fixed, now can't even open, instant crash, numerous complaints. Well documented fix now

May I  know what mobile device you're using?
You've tried different devices to install the DJI GO 4 and have the same issue?
2017-2-6
Use props
patratel
lvl.1
Romania

Please bring back Google Maps. In Europe, HERE MAPS are useless ! Or at least give us the posibility to choose between them when we use DJI Go 4.
We love the work you are doing for us and we beg, give us the Google Maps back.
2017-2-8
Use props
fans96a40b7f
lvl.1

Germany

I use a DJI Osmo and a Phantom4pro. It is no longer possible for me to convert both sources into a video. Thanks DJI
2017-2-13
Use props
fans91fbe02c
New

United Kingdom

I'm confused, should I use dji go or dji go 4 with my phantom 4?
2017-2-14
Use props
EPT160
lvl.1
Flight distance : 373947 ft
Australia

I also agree with others who would just like the option of a very good, clean, stable 'flying app'. I don't want a video editor on my mobile device.
DJI how about separating the two? If people would like to use the DJI video editor, make it available as a separate download.
Litchi is about a 15 megabyte download from memory. The two DJI Go apps are @ 200 megs each!!
2017-2-14
Use props
fanscfe41c37
New

Latvia

after installing dji go4 tablet SAMSUNG TAB A 9.7 does not connect with the remote control, by connecting the USB cable will automatically start DJI GO4 program and then nothing happens. With the old program, everything was fine. Tried to fly with Iphone 6s plus, everything is good once lost drone video, well, he was not far away.
2017-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules