Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lightbridge 2 + A3 Connection
13757 16 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnGrand
lvl.1
Germany

How is the A3 connected to the Lightbridge 2?

Particularely:

1 - How does the Lightbridge 2 receive it's input voltage, when there is no gimbal connected (just the A3)
2 - After that: What is the input voltage range for the Lightbridge 2
3 - What does the wiring look like for a A3-Lightbridge2-RoninMX setup

The DJI Manuals for these parts unfortunately are not specific on those questions.
Thank you for your time and help!

2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The LB2 would get its power via the DBus II cable when connected to the A3. The Appendix section of the LB2 manual does provide some information on voltage:

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/l ... ser+Manual+V1.4.pdf

If you're using the Ronin MX with the stand alone A3 with LB2, then you would follow the instructions for connecting it to the M600:

If you do not use the SRW-60, then you would connect to the camera you're using directly to the LB2 air end via HDMI.
2016-12-12
Use props
alikc218
lvl.1
Russia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-12 12:32
The LB2 would get its power via the DBus II cable when connected to the A3. The Appendix section of the LB2 manual does provide some information on voltage:

dbus II cable have only 3 wires (left emty) and no powered from A3? in which left and second = 9V
2017-1-17
Use props
alikc218
lvl.1
Russia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-12 12:32

In A3 RF port I check by tester:  left and second pin = 9v
In my cable DBUS II from box only 3 wires and left empty and no powered TX LB2
Do you have another DBUS II cable?
Where I can powered from A3 another place without gimbal?
Thanks
2017-1-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

alikc218 Posted at 2017-1-18 00:49
In A3 RF port I check by tester:  left and second pin = 9v
In my cable DBUS II from box only 3 wires and left empty and no powered TX LB2
Do you have another DBUS II cable?

Have you ensured that you connected the DBus II in the proper position? Could you happen to provide a picture? Other than the RF Port with the DBus II cable, the only other way is via the EXT port, which does require a DJI HD gimbal.
2017-1-18
Use props
alikc218
lvl.1
Russia

DBus cable II from A3 box include 4 wires and powered LB2 !!!
Thanks
2017-1-21
Use props
alikc218
lvl.1
Moldova

Hi James
Where I can find protocol data transmit from DBus port of LB2 to RF port A3?
I very need this
Thank You
2017-2-1
Use props
Nanox
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1941217 ft
  • >>>
Chile

alikc218 Posted at 2017-2-1 07:37
Hi James
Where I can find protocol data transmit from DBus port of LB2 to RF port A3?
I very need this

Hi!

Did you get any response to your question?

I'm also trying to connect a LB2 to A3 but my DBUS cable has 3 wires instead of 4... . I'm not using a gimbal.

Please let me know if you got any answer!.

Thanks a lot!
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Nanox Posted at 2017-10-9 07:49
Hi!

Did you get any response to your question?

Which aircraft are you trying to set this up on? Can you send me a personal message and provide a list of what your set up is?
2017-10-9
Use props
fans217b3666
New
United States

Ok, guys I thought
I was the only one having problem with the connections.  The instruction that the A3 comes with are not very clear.  I have the A3 and having problems with the basic set up. Where do all the cables connect to.  At the moment I am only using the single satellite and installing it to my S-900.  But the controller LED indicator keeps flashing steady red, indicating an improper connection...
2017-10-10
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.4

Germany

The Lightbridge gets power through the S-bus cable, which is in the A3/N3 box, see above.

Connect the parts according to the manual.
Important: use assistant2 v1.1.2.
Factory reset (dashboard restore)
Make all settings from scratch.
I always make a test setup, see my N3 picture. Then you can go in the garden and calibrate the compass. Then the red flashing will stop.
Best regards,
Wilhelm
N3_Test1.jpg
2017-10-10
Use props
fans217b3666
New
United States

Is the setup for the A3, same as the picture above?  I am having similar problems.  I cant get the A3 working properly and cant get power to the LB2.  Can some one please post a diagram of all the connection with the A3 and LB2.

Thanks,
2017-10-27
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.4

Germany

Take the RF cable from the A3 box. It has 4 wires. The same cable in the LB2 box has only 3 wires.
Best regards,
Wilhelm
A3-LB2_Power.JPG
2017-10-27
Use props
airtakes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi to all I know this is an old ttread but I just got in to this Lightbridge 2 instillation I am installing a LB2 to a A3 no gimbal and I also only have the 3 cable Dbus to RF cable that does not power the LB2 si base on the previous posts should there had been another  Dbus to LB2 cable in my kit  that has the 4th cable installed?  or how do yo get the correct cable?
help appreciated
2019-8-9
Use props
airtakes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623045 ft
  • >>>
United States

airtakes Posted at 8-9 00:13
Hi to all I know this is an old ttread but I just got in to this Lightbridge 2 instillation I am installing a LB2 to a A3 no gimbal and I also only have the 3 cable Dbus to RF cable that does not power the LB2 si base on the previous posts should there had been another  Dbus to LB2 cable in my kit  that has the 4th cable installed?  or how do yo get the correct cable?
help appreciated

Any one please need help help
2019-8-18
Use props
djiuser_0uq3SIfIR2SV
Flight distance : 125 ft

United States

airtakes Posted at 2019-8-18 08:14
Any one please need help help

If you read some of the answers youll find people have already answered...the 4 wire cable should be in a3 box connect rf port to dbus
2021-12-16
Use props
Juan carlos3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31768 ft
Spain

I don't have that cable,
does anyone have the position of the pins?
2022-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules