632 3 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yesterday I took my Mavic out on a kayak with me and wanted to launch it to get a little video on the water. I recently updated the new firmware and hadn't flown with it since. Before going out on the water I turned everything on and did a compass calibration and everything went fine with that and saw no errors after. I packed the Mavic up and went out in the kayak, paddled around for a little and then decided I wanted to launch it. I placed it on the kayak and turned everything on and waited for it to grab GPS so I could go. After a short bit it gave me an error and said I needed to calibrate the IMU. I decided it would be dumb to try and fly it so I didn't. I turned everything on after getting back and the IMU was fine and not giving me the error or request to calibrate it.

So my question is, did starting everything up on an unstable surface like the kayak create the IMU error or was it related to updating the firmware? If it was because I was on the kayak, how can I do this in the future and not get the IMU error, would I just have to hold it on my hand to be more steady?
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's probably because the kayak was rolling and the IMU couldn't initialize.
You just need to be more steady.
2016-12-12
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-12 15:05
It's probably because the kayak was rolling and the IMU couldn't initialize.
You just need to be more steady.

Ok, I'll try holding it with my hand next time.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-12 14:19
Ok, I'll try holding it with my hand next time.

That may work better.
2016-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules