Nexus 9 DJI Go App crashing
3579 23 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans88cd9bc2
New

United States

I bought a Google Nexus 9 to assist with flights and the DJI Go app is crashing on me left and right during flight. I had to manually land the drone this afternoon. Everything seems fine when I start off, video feed is great, no warning at all the app just freezes and then crashes, I can reopen the app but when I re open the app goes to the main screen and the pictures of the drones just jump through the menu and I can never click on my phantom 3.I am wondering if anyone else has found a solution to this issue, I have upadted to the latest version of Nugat for Android and I have disabled all apps other than DJI, as this device is just for the drone and nothing else really. I have scoured the forums and this seems to be an ongoing issue with DJI apps

So, I am looking for some advice here...should I try using another app like Litchi or do I just make the switch to Apple? I am not a fan of Apple devices and have been mainly Windows, Linux and Android in my 41 years, however, if that is the best way to go for stability for this drone...I will make the switch.

Thank you much in advance and happy flying!
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, could you please link your mobile to the computer , find the crash log via this path : mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH
2016-12-12
Use props
fans88cd9bc2
New

United States

Here is the first one
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resume activity {dji.pilot/dji.pilot.fpv.activity.DJIPreviewActivityLitchi}: com.here.android.mpa.common.UnintializedMapEngineException: Cannot created HERE SDK objects before MapEngine is initialized.  See MapEngine.init()
        at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3429)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3469)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2732)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap12(ActivityThread.java)
        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1477)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6119)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:886)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:776)
Caused by: com.here.android.mpa.common.UnintializedMapEngineException: Cannot created HERE SDK objects before MapEngine is initialized.  See MapEngine.init()
        at com.nokia.maps.BaseNativeObject.u(Unknown Source)
        at com.nokia.maps.BaseNativeObject.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.nokia.maps.MapImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.here.android.mpa.mapping.Map.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at dji.gs.map.control.a.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at dji.pilot.fpv.control.k.b(Unknown Source)
        at dji.pilot.fpv.control.k.c(Unknown Source)
        at dji.pilot.fpv.activity.DJIPreviewActivityLitchi.onResume(Unknown Source)
        at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnResume(Instrumentation.java:1269)
        at android.app.Activity.performResume(Activity.java:6783)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3406)
        ... 10 more
com.here.android.mpa.common.UnintializedMapEngineException: Cannot created HERE SDK objects before MapEngine is initialized.  See MapEngine.init()
        at com.nokia.maps.BaseNativeObject.u(Unknown Source)
        at com.nokia.maps.BaseNativeObject.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.nokia.maps.MapImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.here.android.mpa.mapping.Map.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at dji.gs.map.control.a.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at dji.pilot.fpv.control.k.c(Unknown Source)
        at dji.pilot.fpv.activity.DJIPreviewActivityLitchi.onResume(Unknown Source)
        at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnResume(Instrumentation.java:1269)
        at android.app.Activity.performResume(Activity.java:6783)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3406)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3469)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2732)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap12(ActivityThread.java)
        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1477)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6119)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:886)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:776)
Here is the second one
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to read from field 'long dji.pilot.fpv.model.f.o' on a null object reference
        at dji.pilot.fpv.model.i.a(Unknown Source)
        at dji.pilot.fpv.model.i.a(Unknown Source)
        at dji.pilot.flightrecord.DJIRecordService.f(Unknown Source)
        at dji.pilot.flightrecord.DJIRecordService.b(Unknown Source)
        at dji.pilot.flightrecord.DJIRecordService$a.run(Unknown Source)

2016-12-12
Use props
fans88cd9bc2
New

United States

I have also noticed the app crashes just trying to browse the store and not even flying?
2016-12-12
Use props
Glasairguy
lvl.1

United States

fans88cd9bc2 Posted at 2016-12-12 20:53
I have also noticed the app crashes just trying to browse the store and not even flying?

Thanks for the information!  I was just going to set mine up on a NEXUS tomorrow.  I think I will wait a while.  Interested to see what you discover!
2016-12-12
Use props
fans88cd9bc2
New

United States

Glasairguy Posted at 2016-12-12 23:58
Thanks for the information!  I was just going to set mine up on a NEXUS tomorrow.  I think I will wait a while.  Interested to see what you discover!

Right now I would advise everyone avoid it, I cannot even run the DJI app reliably, even after an uninstall removal of leftover files, reboot and re install. The DJI Go app crashes just browsing the store and forum through the app. I am a little concerned since this was a DJI approved device for Android. I hope they can figure something out here, from my research via the web and other forums, it seems the Android app is really an issue lately. I can run the app just fine on an older Samsung Note 3 without any issues but I really need a larger screen.
2016-12-13
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

DJI GO app Android 3.1.1is released on 13/12/2016,try update it to see got improvement or not. Screenshot_20161213-235505.png
2016-12-13
Use props
fans88cd9bc2
New

United States

Tried the update but no go, the app even crashed during flight simulator☹️
2016-12-13
Use props
fans88cd9bc2
New

United States

So I have wiped the Nexus 9, installed all updates to Android OS and installed latest version of DJI Go application and the app still crashes, even during the flight simulator. What I have noticed is this...the nexus loses connection to the aircraft as the app crashes. I have an iPad mini 2 coming so hopefully this resolves the issue however I think it sucks that I cannot get a device on the approved device list working properly.
2016-12-16
Use props
ah42
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68353 ft
United States

The app is not compatible with android 7.0/7.1 yet. At least that what it seems. Everyone on these android versions are reporting constant crashes, myself included. When I switched to a device running 6.0.1 the app worked without issues.
2016-12-16
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1213816 ft
  • >>>
United States

ah42 Posted at 2016-12-16 10:59
The app is not compatible with android 7.0/7.1 yet. At least that what it seems. Everyone on these android versions are reporting constant crashes, myself included. When I switched to a device running 6.0.1 the app worked without issues.

I have nothing but Android 7x devices. My Moto Z Force, Nexus 9 tablet  and an older Moto Turbo 2.... DJI needs to get this stability issue resolved. This is a bummer .
2017-3-19
Use props
Gstan30117
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228645 ft
United States

Also having the same problem with my Nexus 9. I thought I was buying an approved tablet and would be could to go but it seems I was wrong. My tablet is operating  Android 7.1.1 Nougat, is there any way to down grade the Android version?
2017-3-19
Use props
Gstan30117
lvl.3
United States

Gstan30117@hotm Posted at 2017-3-19 15:56
Also having the same problem with my Nexus 9. I thought I was buying an approved tablet and would be could to go but it seems I was wrong. My tablet is operating  Android 7.1.1 Nougat, is there any way to down grade the Android version?

I have just flashed my Nexus 9  back to 6.0.1 Marshmellow from 7.1.1 Nougat. Now we shall see.
2017-3-27
Use props
Gstan30117
lvl.3
United States

Gstan30117@hotm Posted at 2017-3-27 15:24
I have just flashed my Nexus 9  back to 6.0.1 Marshmellow from 7.1.1 Nougat. Now we shall see.

Success, by taking my nexus back to 6.0.1 Marshmellow I seem to have eliminated the problem of DJI Go crashing during flight. If anyone wants the link to the directions let me know. It's not really difficult.
2017-3-28
Use props
fans0a67b778
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10755 ft
United Kingdom

Gstan30117@hotm Posted at 2017-3-19 15:56

I was having the same problem with my Nexus9 on Nougat 7.1.1
I found this site http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/  very easy to follow and after I downgraded to 6.1,  I was still offered an update to 7.1.1 from Google. Handy if I ever want to sell it on with the latest firmware.
2017-3-29
Use props
Charlie Phanto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102703 ft
United States

fans88cd9bc2 Posted at 2016-12-13 07:41
Right now I would advise everyone avoid it, I cannot even run the DJI app reliably, even after an uninstall removal of leftover files, reboot and re install. The DJI Go app crashes just browsing the store and forum through the app. I am a little concerned since this was a DJI approved device for Android. I hope they can figure something out here, from my research via the web and other forums, it seems the Android app is really an issue lately. I can run the app just fine on an older Samsung Note 3 without any issues but I really need a larger screen.

I know this is an old thread but here I am anyway. My Nexus 9 crashes using Litchi.  I just stalls out every time. It worked good before Nexus update. I factory reset and the same thing. A second reset and I can't ever verify user.  I now own a brick.
2017-9-29
Use props
Charlie Phanto
lvl.2
United States

I have tried everything possible with my Nexus 9. Everything was perfect before the upgrade OS. Now nothing work with DJI GO 4 or Litchi. If it connects at all it drops after a minute or 2. The Litchi app crashes after a few seconds. I have installed and uninstalled each app one at a time. Same thing. Totally useless now for what a purchased this tablet for. No choice but to get rid of it. My two Nexus 7 2012's work great with both apps. Do not buy a Nexus 9. It was the best before the upgrade. Google should pay me for wrecking my tablet.
2017-10-3
Use props
Charlie Phanto
lvl.2
United States

Gstan30117@hotm Posted at 2017-3-28 14:31
Success, by taking my nexus back to 6.0.1 Marshmellow I seem to have eliminated the problem of DJI Go crashing during flight. If anyone wants the link to the directions let me know. It's not really difficult.

Yes, please send me the link. Thank you
chas2379@yahoo.com
2017-10-3
Use props
Dynx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 176654 ft
United States

https://developers.google.com/android/images

Just follow instructions and downgrade your Nexus 9 to 6.0.1 (MOB30W) firmware
https://dl.google.com/dl/android ... actory-c2c750bc.zip
2017-10-6
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

Use WugFresh  Nexus Root Toolkit. It makes the whole process fairly painless. Does unlocking and relocking , rooting whatever. All automatically. I use it for all my Nexus devices. Never fails.

2017-11-19
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

dorbot Posted at 2017-11-19 05:48
Use WugFresh  Nexus Root Toolkit. It makes the whole process fairly painless. Does unlocking and relocking , rooting whatever. All automatically. I use it for all my Nexus devices. Never fails.

I wonder if that works on a NEXUS 7 2012.
5.0 made it useless and after going back to 4.4.4 via the hard way, it's still running real slow, particularly during the first 10 minutes after booting. Not that I ever planned to use it with my P3S because of the small amount of system ram but still, my N7 was real snappy before Lollypop took a squat on it. Litchi does run better on the old N7 than the Go app now does and I'd still want to use it as a backup if my 10.1" Lenovo Tab2 ever goes belly up.
2017-11-19
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
France

I used it for my nexus 7 2013, but I think it works for all Nexus devices. The 2012 version is not a very capable device though.

Using the Nexus Root Toolkit, I have just downgraded to the last Android 6 version,  unlocked the bootloader,  unencrypted , rooted and flashed a custom kernel that allows overclocking the CPU and GPU on My Nexus 9.
Also raised the max CPU limit and the max GPU limit to max available in the list of options.
Stopping the forced encryption frees up a lot of resources.
Also disabled most of google s bloatware.

Kernel for overclocking was ElementalX-N9-4.17.zip

Runs a bit hotter now but I DGAF.
Google around the subject a bit and be prepared to wipe your tablet.

I'll see how it goes next flight.
2017-11-20
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
France

Forgot to mention that the first step is to remove the encryption on the tablet  in advanced utilities, Fastboot flash section and select Boot[kernel].
It gives you the option to chose a kernel that makes encryption optional.
2017-11-20
Use props
CoopermanUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254888 ft
United Kingdom

I know this is an old thread but does anybody know if the Nexus 9 runs ok with latest version of DJI GO4 (v4.2.6)?
2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules