Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro + Controller SD Card
6648 13 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
byronbigrims
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341962 ft
United States

Wondering how I do I make the video and picture files be saved to the remote controller sd card instead of the remote controller internal memory.
I notice that I do have some files saved to the sd card and im not sure how that even happened. The reason I ask is because when im playing back files on the controller that  are saved to the sd card they are nice and clear, but when you play back the the files on the internal memory of the controller they are very low in quailty.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi byronbigrims, the original video files and images are saved to aircraft SD card instead of controller SD card.
Controller SD card is used to extend the memory of the built-in screen.
2016-12-13
Use props
marctronixx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJ MIN,

can you elaborate on why this is useful? I didn't immediately see this discussed in the manual for the p4pro (i have the plus).

could it be used for when editing using the built in editor?
2016-12-13
Use props
Aussie4220
Captain
Flight distance : 311732 ft
United States

DJ Mindy - so are you saying that we should leave an SD card in the RC memory to enhance the built in screen.  In what ways does this occur aside from firmware updates?   
2017-1-8
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

Yea Mindy, I'm interested to know as well!
2017-1-8
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.4
United States

Do these DJI people actually read this site?  Answer!!
2017-1-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Airwolf13 Posted at 2017-1-13 19:30

If you want a person to answer you, then use the 'Reply' button on their post, otherwise they do not get any notification that you are answering them.
2017-1-13
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.4
United States

I've done that. No reply
2017-1-13
Use props
fans1aa61d0c
New

United States

Airwolf13 Posted at 2017-1-13 19:30

LOL. They read nothing. Horrible CS Dept.
2017-2-14
Use props
dorbot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

Aussie4220 Posted at 2017-1-8 17:36
DJ Mindy - so are you saying that we should leave an SD card in the RC memory to enhance the built in screen.  In what ways does this occur aside from firmware updates?

I don't understand the question.

Its just an android device with an sd card slot, so it will have another drive available to store stuff on.

I think it allows you to do RC firmware updates too. But as I understand it the DJI assistant and / or phones/tablets can do firmware updates too.
2017-11-22
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

dorbot Posted at 2017-11-22 04:10
I don't understand the question.

Its just an android device with an sd card slot, so it will have another drive available to store stuff on.

Then why do you wake up an 9 months old thread?

The SD port on the + controllers are used as you say to upgrade firmware and copy out crash logs, it is not used by the device otherwise, actually it pop up now and then telling that the card can be removed if you store an empty card in the slot.
2017-11-22
Use props
fans666712cb
Flight distance : 127995 ft
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-13 00:52
Hi byronbigrims, the original video files and images are saved to aircraft SD card instead of controller SD card.
Controller SD card is used to extend the memory of the built-in screen.

Can somebody help me how I can get me panoramic picures from the remote ore drone to my pc ore ipad? I can see them on my remote. I using a phsntom 4 plus, and I have all the single panos on the sd card in the drone, but when I copy them to my ipad I have no stitched panos to use. When I push play on the remote screen I can see the pano as a pano. But I need them on my other devices. Thanks a lot for your help.
2018-2-15
Use props
OneTenthOfAMileHighClub
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2017-11-22 04:27
Then why do you wake up an 9 months old thread?

The SD port on the + controllers are used as you say to upgrade firmware and copy out crash logs, it is not used by the device otherwise, actually it pop up now and then telling that the card can be removed if you store an empty card in the slot.

WE Have a P4Pro+, I for the last year I have used [the Controller] to store a 2nd MicroSD card just in case I forget to return my primary MicroSD card to the "bird" after transferring images to our computer.

I don't want to jinx myself, but have not yet used my 'backup'.
2018-2-15
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

OneTenthOfAMileHighClub Posted at 2018-2-15 20:56
WE Have a P4Pro+, I for the last year I have used [the Controller] to store a 2nd MicroSD card just in case I forget to return my primary MicroSD card to the "bird" after transferring images to our computer.

I don't want to jinx myself, but have not yet used my 'backup'.

Yes i am doing the same, keeping a spare in the RC, but upon startup it have the habit to tell me the card can now be removed.

I have not upgraded to latest FW so not sure if it still does it.
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules