Video, LA to San Fran
2203 26 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Island
lvl.2
United States

My second video ever, not the greatest but it's still beautiful footage this mavic puts out.Took a road trip to San Francisco from Santa Monica. Next up NYC in January

2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Really great scenery. Thanks for your sharing. :-)
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

2016-12-13
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-13 01:15

Thanks Mindy!
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very cool, nice editing and great colors.
2016-12-13
Use props
DaveAus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100807 ft
Australia

Some beautiful spots there. Great Video!
2016-12-13
Use props
Birdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 664521 ft
United States

is that the pier from GTAV ?
2016-12-13
Use props
Birdog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 664521 ft
United States

is that the pier from GTAV ?

Looks very pretty, I havent gotten up the courage yet to go flying at night ....... or over water, its still my favourite toy and I`m terrified of losing it.
2016-12-13
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

Thanks guys, haha yes that is the pier from GTAV
2016-12-13
Use props
Ibader7
New

Canada

Did you realize in 1:06 you were flying through power lines you're the best polite
2016-12-13
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

really cool video
2016-12-14
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

thank you!
2016-12-15
Use props
Vin829
lvl.2

United States

Birdog Posted at 2016-12-13 15:05
Looks very pretty, I havent gotten up the courage yet to go flying at night ....... or over water, its still my favourite toy and I`m terrified of losing it.

That makes 2 of us....I get that thing 200 feet away and I start to get paranoid
2016-12-15
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

I thought all those areas around the Golden Gate were off limits because they are National Parks.  At least that's what the airspace map shows.  How were you able to fly there?  There's also a lot of air traffic around the bridge.
2016-12-15
Use props
erhard
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78665 ft
  • >>>

colonel00 Posted at 2016-12-16 12:21
I thought all those areas around the Golden Gate were off limits because they are National Parks.  At least that's what the airspace map shows.  How were you able to fly there?  There's also a lot of air traffic around the bridge.

I hope sooner or later the FAA starts looking after such videos and the people behind. Actually they already provide evidence that they breached the law:
- daylight operation
- VLOS
- no operation over persons ...
I can't understand why people are not smart enough to understand that by their actions they put high risk on our hobby. Sooner or later everything will be regulated and we are only allowed to fly in our living rooms. how cool is that ...
2016-12-16
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

colonel00 Posted at 2016-12-15 20:21

He's flying below air traffic, but it doesn't make it right.

However I agree, while this is incredible footage there are numerous airspace violations, Santa Monica, Alcatraz, Carmel TFR . . . etc.

Island . . . as a commercial pilot and fellow drone driver I hope you'll consider following the rules in the future to keep the sport safe and accessible for the rest of us.

That said . . . I really did enjoy that footage!  
2016-12-16
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Mooney Posted at 2016-12-16 09:04
He's flying below air traffic, but it doesn't make it right.

However I agree, while this is incredible footage there are numerous airspace violations, Santa Monica, Alcatraz, Carmel TFR . . . etc.

You & your wooden airplane...  

LOL & I've "never" flown closer than 500 feet to any person, structure, vessel, etc.  EVERRR.  

It is a bit nerve racking now flying low-level VFR, as you can see starting at about 3:30.  Everything does get concerning at that point.  Just think of all the footage he edited out!!
2016-12-16
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Great video, that brings back some great memories I also did that road trip in a mustang convertible and we stayed a night in Clints place in Carmel it was awesome :-)
2016-12-16
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

Really didn't edit out much, this all was shot in less then 2 days with one battery so time in the air was super limited. Was very quick get up get some shots and get back down.
Although it doesn't make it right.
Thanks for all your concerns! No one was harmed in the making. (;
2016-12-16
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

some stills from the videos
FullSizeRender 4.jpg
FullSizeRender 6.jpg
FullSizeRender 3.jpg
FullSizeRender 7.jpg
FullSizeRender 5.jpg
FullSizeRender 8.jpg
2016-12-18
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Island Posted at 2016-12-18 21:42
some stills from the videos

Really good quality on the pictures.

How did you grab them?
Did you use 4k when shooting the footage?

2016-12-18
Use props
GeForceFX-be
lvl.2

Belgium

some nice shots / locations, but I really don't like the "fast-forward" you use allot in your video, especially with waves or traffic in the picture.
2016-12-18
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

GeForceFX-be Posted at 2016-12-18 15:43
some nice shots / locations, but I really don't like the "fast-forward" you use allot in your video, especially with waves or traffic in the picture.

Thanks, although we all have different liking's of choice, it was only my second time ever making a video so I have much to learn.
2016-12-18
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

Flybee Posted at 2016-12-18 12:51
Really good quality on the pictures.

How did you grab them?

While editing in FCP X I put it on full screen paused the video, screenshot and came out amazing!
2016-12-18
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Island Posted at 2016-12-19 07:22
While editing in FCP X I put it on full screen paused the video, screenshot and came out amazing!

Thank you, and I totally agree the best photos i've seen.
2016-12-18
Use props
edwarde21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65535 ft
United States

Island Posted at 2016-12-16 15:54
Really didn't edit out much, this all was shot in less then 2 days with one battery so time in the air was super limited. Was very quick get up get some shots and get back down.
Although it doesn't make it right.
Thanks for all your concerns! No one was harmed in the making. (;

amazing video what settings did u use? and what program you edited with?  and I know they are rules for a reason and danger in stunts like that but as a photographer we take the risk sometimes to take a shot where some people cant even dream of ever seen. I know it doesn't make it right but I believe that some people might get upset but did you Guys forget that California just past recreational marijuana how much more dangerous can this state be ;p lol sorry dont want to be hated for this but I think so people over think this kinda of stuff.
2016-12-19
Use props
Island
lvl.2
United States

edwarde21 Posted at 2016-12-19 19:02
amazing video what settings did u use? and what program you edited with?  and I know they are rules for a reason and danger in stunts like that but as a photographer we take the risk sometimes to take a shot where some people cant even dream of ever seen. I know it doesn't make it right but I believe that some people might get upset but did you Guys forget that California just past recreational marijuana how much more dangerous can this state be ;p lol sorry dont want to be hated for this but I think so people over think this kinda of stuff.

Thank you, was shot on "none" setting and edited w Final Cut pro X
I agree with you, but everyone has their own opinion so they will still say something. We just gotta be careful when flying and keep it to a minimum
2016-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules