P4P gimbal horizontal adjustment
10795 37 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zaunz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72621 ft
Australia

Anyone else having an issue with the gimbal facing to the right by a degree or 2.

I have done all the calibrations and all firmwares are up to date. They have the gimbal roll setting but they need to add a horizontal adjustment.

Everything in the status menu is on normal

Like its no big deal but when you pay enough for the phantom you would like everything to be pretty good. I'd add a photo but you would never tell the difference without seeing in person
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Zaunz, please post a image here and we can help to check it.
2016-12-13
Use props
Murat82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 311385 ft
  • >>>
Finland

DJI MINDY, here also same problem! btw my camera is looking to left...
P4Pro camera gimbal horizantal problem.jpg
2016-12-13
Use props
Zaunz
lvl.2
Australia

Murat82 Posted at 2016-12-14 01:57
DJI MINDY, here also same problem!  btw my camera is looking to left...

yeah mine isnt that bad. probably half of yours but in the other direction
2016-12-13
Use props
Zaunz
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-13 22:22

Here is a video. still hard to show but if you look close enough when i have it in FPV mode i can hold stick fully and it goes into the correct position but when i let go it goes back out to what it thinks is zero

2016-12-13
Use props
Murat82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 311385 ft
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-13 13:22

i added also picture if u guyz could check the problem..
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Murat82 Posted at 2016-12-13 22:57
DJI MINDY, here also same problem!  btw my camera is looking to left...

Have you tried to do the IMU calibration and gimbal calibration?
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Murat82 Posted at 2016-12-14 17:23
i added also picture if u guyz could check the problem..

Please manually rotate the gimbal in the opposite direction of the tilt until it reaches its limit.
Do this several times, and the gimbal should be centered.
2016-12-15
Use props
Zaunz
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-15 21:34
Please manually rotate the gimbal in the opposite direction of the tilt until it reaches its limit.

i assume i can try this also. Do we try this with the phantom off?

Can you see what my phantom is doing from my video?
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Zaunz Posted at 2016-12-16 04:42
i assume i can try this also. Do we try this with the phantom off?

Can you see what my phantom is doing from my video?

Yes, please try that method as well.
2016-12-16
Use props
Jusba31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248169 ft
Finland

Having that same problem. Camera is showing left.
That's my third problem with p4p. First drone gimbal doesn't work, got replacement.  That one has dead battery and gimbal are not showing straight.This new one has also gimbal clicking sound problem ,when camera is tilting more than 90deg down.
I'm very disappointed with the quality that DJI has with that  4 Pro model.
2016-12-24
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1370771 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Jusba31 Posted at 2016-12-24 21:04
Having that same problem. Camera is showing left.
That's my third problem with p4p. First drone gimbal doesn't work, got replacement.  That one has dead battery and gimbal are not showing straight.This new one has also gimbal clicking sound problem ,when camera is tilting more than 90deg down.
I'm very disappointed with the quality that DJI has with that  4 Pro model.

I have the same problem with the gimbal. That clicking sound when camera is tilting more that 90deg down. Also my drone keeps quite buzzing noise. I think the "problem" is the internal fan.
2016-12-24
Use props
MeDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1245548 ft
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-16 09:51
Yes, please try that method as well.

I have the same problem as well!IF this will not work can i send it back for a replacemnet ?Is new.....
2016-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MeDrone Posted at 2016-12-25 23:55
I have the same problem as well!IF this will not work can i send it back for a replacemnet ?Is new.....

You could get in touch with our tech support and send it in for further evaluation.
Our engineers will help to evaluate it.
2016-12-26
Use props
visider
lvl.1

Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-15 02:34

My camera looks to the left. How I can center camera?
firmware upgrade and gimbal calibration does not help.

You written about the manual alignment of the camera. What is it?
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Please rotate the gimbal to the right by your hand until it reaches its limit.
2016-12-30
Use props
visider
lvl.1

Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-30 03:43
Please rotate the gimbal to the right by your hand until it reaches its limit.

I have a soft power to turn the gimbal right when quadrocopter included?
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

visider Posted at 2016-12-30 03:53
I have a soft power to turn the gimbal right when quadrocopter included?

Yes, sounds right.
2016-12-31
Use props
visider
lvl.1

Russia

Dear Mindy, please see my short video from turning on the copter.

First, the camera looks straight ahead, afterwards turn slightly to the left. Probably, it is not a gimbal, which could shift during transporting. Probably the thing in the software of the camera

2016-12-31
Use props
sakumar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 239134 ft
  • >>>
United States

"I have a soft power to turn the gimbal right when quadrocopter included"

What does this mean? Should the power to the Phantom 4 Pro be on or off when I manually try to turn the gimbal in the opposite direction?
2016-12-31
Use props
Con Seannery
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy:
Can you please give us an update as to if and when DJI will issue a fix for the many, many people who are pointing out the high wind warnings in their P4Pros even in no wind conditions? Many of us have sent logs, screen captures, reports, emails, etc.  Now DJI doesn't appear to be issuing anything or even acknowledging this obvious bug at all.

What is going on?
2016-12-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sakumar Posted at 2016-12-31 11:12
"I have a soft power to turn the gimbal right when quadrocopter included"

What does this mean? Should the power to the Phantom 4 Pro be on or off when I manually try to turn the gimbal in the opposite direction?

I think what he means is small strength.
You need to do that when the aircraft is turned off.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Con Seannery Posted at 2016-12-31 12:17
DJI Mindy:
Can you please give us an update as to if and when DJI will issue a fix for the many, many people who are pointing out the high wind warnings in their P4Pros even in no wind conditions? Many of us have sent logs, screen captures, reports, emails, etc.  Now DJI doesn't appear to be issuing anything or even acknowledging this obvious bug at all.

Hello, I didn't receive your flight data.
If convenient, please upload the flight data to dropbox and send me the link.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

visider Posted at 2016-12-31 07:25
Dear Mindy, please see my short video from turning on the copter.
camera phantom 4 pro

If still no improvement, please get in touch with our tech support at support.eu@dji.com.
2017-1-3
Use props
user1c2605e346
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Doesnt make sense dji mindy to "move the camera while off" what in the world will that do? And powered on def doesnt sound like a good way to do it either....with these little problems with gimbal such as clicking and etc dji needs to really look at this while on the assembly line. There is some bugs that need ironed out like the rth bug, dead battery on arrival, the gimbal problems, map problems also....etc when will dji give us tge firmware update to fix this stuff these quadcopters are not cheap! One expects some problems on a few units but there have been numerous accounts of these bugs it sucks! No one wants to send their unit away for 2 to 3 weeks because of this and it seems alot of people have to! I love dji products but cmon this is getting old plz fix this beautiful machine
2017-1-3
Use props
sakumar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 239134 ft
  • >>>
United States

user1c2605e346 Posted at 2017-1-3 04:14
Doesnt make sense dji mindy to "move the camera while off" what in the world will that do? And powered on def doesnt sound like a good way to do it either....with these little problems with gimbal such as clicking and etc dji needs to really look at this while on the assembly line. There is some bugs that need ironed out like the rth bug, dead battery on arrival, the gimbal problems, map problems also....etc when will dji give us tge firmware update to fix this stuff these quadcopters are not cheap! One expects some problems on a few units but there have been numerous accounts of these bugs it sucks! No one wants to send their unit away for 2 to 3 weeks because of this and it seems alot of people have to! I love dji products but cmon this is getting old plz fix this beautiful machine

Make sure the Phantom is off. Grab the gimbal below where it is attached to the aircraft and gently twist it in the opposite direction to straighten it out. I twisted it past where I felt slight resistance (that is to say, past the end point). After that, when I powered on the Phantom, the camera was aligned and pointing exactly forward. Other people have reported that it took several iterations (power-off, twist, power-on) and eventually they got it straightened out.
2017-1-4
Use props
calmax
lvl.3
United States

The twisting method fixed my off centered gimbal.  Thank you.
2017-1-26
Use props
dirtdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3633799 ft
United States

Mine has been left for a while too. I did gentle twists to no avail. I guess I'll get a little more manly with it and see how it goes. Mine is bad enough that FPV flying down low and tight is almost out of the question with any speed at all.
2017-1-26
Use props
fans1d27569c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 46614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My p4p did all of these it also flew to the right and one motor was getting hot. I've since downgraded my firmware and its now all good. Good luck and hope this works for you
2017-1-26
Use props
Dunning
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3673593 ft
United States

I have had 3 P4Ps now that have is misaligned camera. I've tried twisting them with power off. I've tried disassembling the entire gamble to see if there was some kind of adjustment. Nothing has worked. Then I found a guy that posted that there is some kind of setting in DJI Go 4 app. Once you connect you P4P to your device the setting will disappear. I'm not sure why DJI takes this setting out. Here is a screen shot.
2017-2-26
Use props
Dunning
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3673593 ft
United States

Dunning Posted at 2017-2-26 08:20
I have had 3 P4Ps now that have is misaligned camera. I've tried twisting them with power off. I've tried disassembling the entire gamble to see if there was some kind of adjustment. Nothing has worked. Then I found a guy that posted that there is some kind of setting in DJI Go 4 app. Once you connect you P4P to your device the setting will disappear. I'm not sure why DJI takes this setting out. Here is a screen shot. [view_image]

Having trouble posting the pic.  Just go to this thread at PhantomPilots.com

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... ji-go-4-app.107970/
2017-2-26
Use props
fans87181c06
New
United States

I tried the twisting the gimbal trick and it seems to have worked on mine
2017-2-26
Use props
fans26f6c207
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3222126 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-15 02:34

I was skeptical about this method, but I can confirm it worked for me 100%,  just rotate in the opposite direction of the tilt without force it too much.
2017-10-1
Use props
fanse1dc2931
lvl.1
Flight distance : 166896 ft
Philippines

fans1d27569c Posted at 2017-1-26 14:47
My p4p did all of these it also flew to the right and one motor was getting hot. I've since downgraded my firmware and its now all good. Good luck and hope this works for you

HOW did you downgrade your P4P firmware please? I see no options for any other firmware versions except for the current one V1.04.0602 on both my DJI Assistant and DJI Go 4 app. I saw on youtube that downgrading to an earlier version will fix my limp gimbal issue on the P4P.
2017-11-9
Use props
fans51ffc175
lvl.1
United States

Having same issue, but to the left slightly
2017-12-5
Use props
fans51ffc175
lvl.1
United States

What does the "Gimbal Centering" feature in the DJI Go App do specifically and how are you supposed to use it?
2017-12-5
Use props
jay 301
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1286 ft

Suriname

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwUH8tAId54
2020-3-9
Use props
jay 301
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1286 ft