Inspire 1 v2.0 upgrade path to inspire 2
2213 9 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
niknak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 534964 ft
United Kingdom

Does anyone from DJI know if there is an upgrade path for later purchasrers of the inspire 1 v2.0, as we only bought ours last month and had we known of the inspire 2 annnouncement we would of held fire?
2016-12-13
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I hate to tell you this but DJI's plans for any type of Upgrade Path  is as empty as a Hermits Address book....

sorry mate

donnie
2016-12-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately there will not be anything you can do. If it is brand new in the box unused you might be able to return it. Otherwise you will not be able to change it. The new Inspire 2 is intended more for the processional filmmaker and it appears they will continue to sell the Inspire 1 and 2 with different price points.

Enjoy your new Inspire 1  it is a wonderful aircraft

Rich
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Like Rich and Donnie mentioned, there is no way to upgrade the Inspire 1 into the Inspire 2. If you happen to get the X5 camera, any lenses you got are usable on the X5S, but that's it craft wise. Accessory wise, you can use Follow Focus if you got that as well. The online store has descriptions on each Inspire accessory that will let you know if it works on both crafts. If you got the unit from a dealer, you may have a return option available, but I can't guarantee. It's still a great aircraft if you choose to keep it.
2016-12-15
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gee... the Inspire 2 has been anticipated for what...... 6 - 8 months? Or longer......
Who didn't know?
It has been the source of many threads here and as well as on other forums.
What will it be like, what new features will it have, longer flight time, fpv camera, object avoidance, etc, etc, etc, ad-nauseam.

ADVERB

• referring to something that has been done or repeated so often that it has become annoying or tiresome:
    "the inherent risks of nuclear power have been debated ad nauseam"

2016-12-15
Use props
niknak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 534964 ft
United Kingdom

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-12-15 20:06
Gee... the Inspire 2 has been anticipated for what...... 6 - 8 months? Or longer......
Who didn't know?
It has been the source of many threads here and as well as on other forums.

Yes well aware Aeroimage. What I don't have access to is a crystal ball though. Had we known the inspire was being released at a specific time and date that would have been acceptable. Unfortunately with DJI's track record of announcing and ACTUALLY releasing hardware therein lies the problem. It's an X5 RAW so a fairly substantial investment.
2017-1-16
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

niknak Posted at 2017-1-16 08:41
Yes well aware Aeroimage. What I don't have access to is a crystal ball though. Had we known the inspire was being released at a specific time and date that would have been acceptable. Unfortunately with DJI's track record of announcing and ACTUALLY releasing hardware therein lies the problem. It's an X5 RAW so a fairly substantial investment.

Nik Nak ,I tell you what  it was sure a disappointment when I found out there would be no way to use My cameras from my Inspire 1 on the Inspire 2.  I had just purchased an  X5 and a New slave transmitter as well and thought when I get the I2 I will just use them and save some cash .....wrong .

Lucky for me a mate of mine just purchased the X5 and had his knickers in a twist about getting the Raw, so I offered him 1300 dollars US and he was happy , I also gave him some flight lessons . So at least I did not have full retail into the camera , the other  slave RC I had heard horror stories about pilots buying them used on e- bay and they we actually for the Phantom's so I went with the dealer and purchased a b rand new one .

Also pay no mind to Aeromirage , he is really a good mate and I think was just being a bit of a git on this day , he really is a wealth of Knowledge on all aspects of the hobby .

So have fun , If you need any help and can't find the answer here, drop me a line

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

til' then

donnie
2017-1-16
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1548743 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I hope that one day DJI will start to make things more upgrade-friendly.. not a single thing they have made can be reused or upgraded, not even the power chargers. I own a Ronin M, Inspire 1, Inspire 2, Osmo, Osmo pro and a Mavic, none of theme uses the same charger... DJI always reinvent everything from the ground-up. This is not very environmental friendly either, it developes a very buy-and-throw-away culture. I would love to se a more module-friendly drone. All the Phantom models have the same or almost the same frame from the beginning so at least a few of these models should have been able to be upgraded. But I guess the REUSE mindset has not reached China yet
2017-1-16
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

niknak Posted at 2017-1-16 08:41

Hey niknak, didn't mean for that to be so harsh. I guess I didn't structure that too well.
I am kind of in a similar boat. The I1 Pro that I use can now be bought for about $2200. I only purchased my I1 Pro last January and spent about $5500. My mistake was buying the V2.0 with the X3 and then upgrading to the X5. If I had it to do over, I would have skipped the X3 completley and saved a little. And now, Inspire prices have fallen drastically since June.
     What I have learned (at considerable cost) is that savings can be had when we wait and don't jump in at the beginning of a new product launch. Plus, the first ones to get the new goods get to be the beta testers, as we are seeing from plenty of reports of ill fitting props, failed landing gear, camera anomalies and other glitches.
     The technology in these drones is progressing at incredible speed. (Warp factor 4??)
I remember when flat screen TVs first came out. A 42" model was $10,000. Now about $300!!
2017-1-16
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

There is a well established upgrade path for all DJI Inspire 1 customers.

Step 1 -> Order DJI Product
Step 2 -> Use DJI Product for an unspecified time
Step 3 -> Get all excited about new DJI product 'coming soon'
Step 4 -> Open Wallet
Step 5 -> Order new product
Step 6 -> Hope that your partner doesn't see the Mastercard statement
Step 7 -> Await delivery
Step 8 -> Use new product

Repeat from step 1
2017-1-16
Use props
Advanced