Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Advice Required for Drone Industrial Setup
902 4 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SCOOBYREN
New

United States

Hi

My company would like to implement a drone for volumetric calculations of stock piles on a coal mine in Africa.

Mine information
Total Area: 2km2
Temperature: 49 degrees celsius (hot)
Accuracy is key!

Budget ranges from $6000 to $14000 if necessary.

Questions
I have come across the m600 pro platform but which camera/gimble set up?
Would the x5r be sufficient or rather a sony a7 for photogrammetry?
Should I add on the d-rtk unit or stick with inserting GCP’s?
Would the inspire 2 with an x5r be sufficient?

As you can see I am a little overwhelmed on how to go about this purchase, so the underlying question would be:
What would you guys recommend as a good drone setup for this daily job?

Apologies if I have overstepped any forum rules.

2016-12-13
Use props
jackwrangham
Second Officer
Flight distance : 917057 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi

I think we can help. The X5R is for high and video and not really suited to photogrammetry.

For accuracy RTK will certainly help, though you might get enough without it. M600 would be a good choice but it's quite a large system. We have developed an A3 based system that can use RTK as an option and DroneDeploy for mapping and volume calcs- it may suit you well and would be within budget. Your other option would be to keep it simple with something like an Phantom 4 Pro, it's 20mp camera would give you good resolution, no RTK but a much lower price point.

Happy to help more and discs some options if you like. We're a DJI enterprise dealer, You can get me on jack@droneaerialops.com
2016-12-14
Use props
eggbeater
First Officer
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Watch out for raptors.
2017-6-21
Use props
Kover
lvl.4
Belgium

hi, I asked some information about this issue as well (I have a M600 pro + ronin mx + panasonic GH4) and to my knowledge you cannot use this combination for photogrammetry. I assume the same for a sony a7. So you would have to go for a DJI-camera. If you do find a solution for the A7, I'd be glad to hear it from you.
2017-6-22
Use props
Kover
lvl.4
Belgium

hi, I asked some information about this issue as well (I have a M600 pro + ronin mx + panasonic GH4) and to my knowledge you cannot use this combination for photogrammetry. I assume the same for a sony a7. So you would have to go for a DJI-camera. If you do find a solution for a non-DJI-camera like the A7, I'd be glad to hear it. Cheers
2017-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules