Phantom 4 Black
1369 7 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrNole
New
United States

Just  purchased a brand new phantom 4 black edition from Bestbuy,  unable to purchase dji care for my brand new 1000 dollar plus machine.

How can they produce a machine and not offer the care based solely on color?

Called and emailed customer support and it's like this edition doesn't exist.  Anyone have any ideas? I don't want to fly it without the care.
2016-12-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

They can refuse to insure it because it is not a DJI authorised product. It has aftermarket features that void the warranty status, and it does not come out of the DJI factory like that.
2016-12-13
Use props
Ely324
lvl.3
Flight distance : 904888 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-13 16:47
They can refuse to insure it because it is not a DJI authorised product. It has aftermarket features that void the warranty status, and it does not come out of the DJI factory like that.

What are the aftermarket features? It looks like the same exact drone as the regular Phantom 4. Could be that they don't stock the parts in black so they can not offer repair or replacement for it. Hard to believe that it's not an authorized product. It's got DJI's name all over it.
2016-12-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Ely324 Posted at 2016-12-14 09:01
What are the aftermarket features? It looks like the same exact drone as the regular Phantom 4. Could be that they don't stock the parts in black so they can not offer repair or replacement for it. Hard to believe that it's not an authorized product. It's got DJI's name all over it.

I may be wrong, but I figure it is just a standard product that someone has disassembled and painted black, and by doing that, they have voided the warranty. If it was an authorised product, why can't you buy one on the DJI site?
2016-12-13
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-13 22:05
I may be wrong, but I figure it is just a standard product that someone has disassembled and painted black, and by doing that, they have voided the warranty. If it was an authorised product, why can't you buy one on the DJI site?

There must surely be an agreement between DJI and best buy (copyright ?), as it benefits both. I doubt very much whether Best Buy, or any retailer would be allowed to sell a product without warranty.
2016-12-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-14 09:27
There must surely be an agreement between DJI and best buy (copyright ?), as it benefits both. I doubt very much whether Best Buy, or any retailer would be allowed to sell a product without warranty.

Dunno, wait and see if anyone from DJI replies.
2016-12-13
Use props
DrNole
New
United States

There are absolutely no after market modifications.  Its a special edition produced by DJI for bestbuy.  Its the exact same drone at the white version except black.
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Exclusives or special editions like this don't tend to get Care options, this happened to the Inspire 1 Black as well when it was available. I unfortunately cannot tell you as to why they choose to do this, as it would be speculation on my part. These units still have a maufacturer's warranty for any aircraft malfunctions, but just not an optional insurance plan to cover accidential damage. There are some 3rd party insurance companies that I've seen others mention around the Forum, so there are alternatives out there if you really want that additional piece of mind.
2016-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules