7280 3 2016-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jorgerodrigues
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181781 ft
Switzerland

Hi there,
I have seen some users from Switzerland here in the forum and tought it would be usefull for me to post this here, or others that might want to come and visit/fly their drones around Switzerland. The OFAC (office fédéral de l'aviation civile) just approved a new map of no fly zones, and zones with restrictions. In the past we already had restrictions, but nothing like this!!! Here is the link:

https://map.geo.admin.ch/index.h ... 08553.65&zoom=2

The main thing that caught my attention right away was the big cities like Geneve, Lausanne, Bern, Zurique or Luzern were from now on it will be almost impossible to fly a drone without autorization. Also many touristic beautifull sites like Zermatt, the Lauterbrunnen valley from Interlaken all the way to the mountains, etc,etc,etc... just restrictions, restrictions, restrictions... In other countries do you also have all of these no fly zones?

Thanks and fly well
  Jorge

2016-12-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

'In other countries do you also have all of these no fly zones? '

No, other countries are not panicking with these ridiculous zones. We have very few in Australia, and in the main they are just airports.
2016-12-13
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Most of those red areas are marked as airfields, maybe they are registered for helicopters or balloon flights?

Although not all airfields are marked, I know of one with a runway for airplanes that isn't coloured!
2016-12-13
Use props
Neilmacc
lvl.4
Switzerland

Nigel_ Posted at 2016-12-14 01:11
Most of those red areas are marked as airfields, maybe they are registered for helicopters or balloon flights?

Although not all airfields are marked, I know of one with a runway for airplanes that isn't coloured!

hi everyone..

thats a great link thanks..

but if you click on a blue zone you get the explanation :

L'exploitation des modèles réduits d'aéronefs et de drones d'un poids compris entre 0.5 et 30 kg est interdite dans les zones de contrôle (CTR), s'ils dépassent une hauteur de vol de 150 m au-dessus du sol.

or :

The operation of model aircraft and drones weighing between 0.5 and 30 kg is prohibited in control zones (CTR) if they exceed a height of flight of 150 m above the ground.

so still fly able just below 150m.

Red Zones steer well clear of without authorization
2016-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules