Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic accident
1494 10 2016-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans79e11483
New
Costa Rica

Hello Comunity,

I apolgize in advance for my special english.

I reacently bot a MAVIC PRO DJI drone. its my first dron ever.
It was easy to fly, and loved it.

However, I made a mistake, I started the flight outside, and as I was getting familiar with the drone, and started feeling it easy to move around ( specially with all the sensors protecting it ) I went indor with the drone folowing me, I made the drone folow me backward, because at the begening it was imposible that the drone enters the doors with all the sensors.

So after we entered and played inside, ( inside = basketball court with hight sealing) the batery started running low, and in stead of lending manualy the drone, I puched the autoland mode, at this point I thot that the drone will gentely get down to the flor... but sadly after pushing the home botton, in stead of landing, the dron flu so fast and so high... and hit the sealing and then the wall next to it, and fell down... it fell very heavy. on the camera... and then it turned on its back while every thing was still spinning. almost braked my heart...  specialy its because its the first flight, on the first battery charge... ( I am 100% positive that the drone was going up and then go to the same spot where it first took of, home base, or what ever is called )

So the camera now spinns around like crazy, i have lost image, and getting camera error... I'm almost 100% positive that the whole camera need to be replaced... but i cant finde any place where i can order the camera online... and the guy from tech support chat dont know either... and to make it worst i live outside the USA... so it has to be ordered online.

So any one have any idea where I can order this camera? and is it safe that I change it by miself? if i change it, do I need to program something? update someting? is it plug and play?

Thank you in advance for your help.
2016-12-14
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

you have to send it in for repair. You can purchase replacement parts for it. At least now at this time....did you buy the DJI Care Refresh?
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear that.  
Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:
Full name:
Email address:
Phone number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Forum link for your case:
2016-12-14
Use props
Obelixio
New
Costa Rica

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-15 01:58
Sorry to hear that.  
Please send an e-mail to  with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:

Hello Mindy,
thank you for your help.
i will send the e-mail. but i have a couple of questions first:
what is Case illustration ?
and what is Forum link for my case?
2016-12-15
Use props
Obelixio
New
Costa Rica

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-15 00:43
you have to send it in for repair. You can purchase replacement parts for it. At least now at this time....did you buy the DJI Care Refresh?

Thank you Heavysledz, the thing is that i live in costa rica, south america, and there no place near me to repare it, i have to do it my self. I was on a trip to miami and got from there.
2016-12-15
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

Obelixio Posted at 2016-12-15 22:04
Thank you Heavysledz, the thing is that i live in costa rica, south america, and there no place near me to repare it, i have to do it my self. I was on a trip to miami and got from there.

You have to ship it to a repair facility. There is only one in the U.S. which is in California. I am not sure if there is one any closer than that to your location.
2016-12-15
Use props
GeForceFX-be
lvl.1

Belgium

Very first drone, first flight and you just fly it from outdoors to indoors?

You should have practiced flying, taking off and landing in a safe open area. These are not toys you know.
That's like buying a sportscar when you have never driven before and immediately take it to a racetrack...
2016-12-15
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Incase you don't know. The reason you crashed is because you wanted it to return to home. It will automatically climb to the set height. I think default is 30m.
2016-12-15
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Landing is not the same as RTH (Return To Home) Landing it, is when you swipe on the screen when it is low to the ground. Rookie error sadly.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Obelixio Posted at 2016-12-15 22:02
Hello Mindy,
thank you for your help.
i will send the e-mail. but i have a couple of questions first:

Case illustration means describe your issue.
And please copy the link of this thread.
2016-12-15
Use props
Obelixio
New
Costa Rica

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-16 01:54
Case illustration means describe your issue.
And please copy the link of this thread.

Thank you !
2016-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules