Is DJI Refresh compliant with UK Consumer Law?
1591 3 2016-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AyrshireUAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI,

I am due to take delivery of my Mavic ( i pre ordered it on 27th September! ).
I already have DJI Care with my Phantom 4 and was considering taking out the Care Refresh on my Mavic, although, in looking at the Q&A it appears to me other than accidental damage cover, which comes at a cost on top of the Care Refresh package, the rest of the "benefits" are already legally expected as per the Sale of Goods Act in the UK.

The part that states "DJI Care Refresh provides replacement service if damage resulting from quality issues occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use."  If my Mavic develops quality issues within the first 12 months DJI would be expected to offer a repair or a replacement under UK consumer law.  

Prior to me purchasing this cover, can you confirm therefore that Care Refresh is only providing me with 2 accidental replacements at a further cost to myself on top of the original £99.  

Can you also confirm that if my Mavic suffers from a quality issue it will not be replaced with a refurbished or second hand product and that a faulty product replaced under warranty will be replaced with a new Mavic, previously unregistered.

Thank You

Robert  
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Robert, thanks for your feedback and consulting.To make it clear, it will be covered by DJI product warranty if damage resulting from quality issues occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use and it's still under the warranty. we'll correct the statement on the website soon.
You can also check here for details of our after-sales policy: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
For the second questions, correct, DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your product during normal use.
Besides, each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.

2016-12-15
Use props
AyrshireUAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-16 04:07
Hi Robert, thanks for your feedback and consulting.To make it clear, it will be covered by DJI product warranty if damage resulting from quality issues occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use and it's still under the warranty. we'll correct the statement on the website soon.
You can also check here for details of our after-sales policy: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
For the second questions, correct, DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your product during normal use.

Natalia,

I appreciate you responding so quickly.  Im glad you note that there is an error and that it will be updated.  I will go ahead and purchase the plan.  Fingers crossed I never need it though!

Thanks again

Robert

Happy to say my Mavic Pro Fly More package arrived safely this morning.  Id like to share this funny story with you.  In the space of a few years DJI have sent me multiple drones from early Phantoms through the Inspire, Inspire Pro, then Phantom 4, Osmo, Oslo Mobile and now the Mavic,  The funny thing is i've always had them delivered by the same driver.  He now makes a point of bringing me my DJI deliveries first, no matter what his schedule is. Even if its just a small package or multiple boxes.  He thought todays delivery was just some new batteries.  He couldn't believe it was the all new all singing all dancing Mavic Pro.  Needless to say he wasn't so happy when he realised that DJI drones are getting so small that you may start sending them by post in a small envelope, thus making him surplus to requirements!!  Oops.

2016-12-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

AyrshireUAV Posted at 2016-12-16 21:26
Natalia,

I appreciate you responding so quickly.  Im glad you note that there is an error and that it will be updated.  I will go ahead and purchase the plan.  Fingers crossed I never need it though!

No problem at all, glad to hear it's arrived, and you can enjoy it.
Thank you for sharing with me about the funny story.
2016-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules