Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Irregular Charging Flashes
6105 9 2016-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gaber77
New

Canada

Hi there,
So I just recieved my Mavic pro along with an extra battery, and of course proceeded to charge the first battery, start up the quad and update firmware etc. No issues.
But, while doing the updating and setting up process, I decided to charge my second battery, which is where the issue arose. When I try and charge it (using official, regular DJI charger, not even the hub), the 1st battery light blinks 16 times, then a 17th time very quickly, and then nothing for around 8 seconds, and then repeats the whole sequence. I have tried almost every outlet in my house, to no avail. This sequence of blinks isn't in the manuals anywhere as far as I can tell, so I'm wondering if I got a faulty battery or if it's a problem on my end, with voltage from the wall or something. I left it charging in this state for almost 45 minutes with no change, so I'm certain this isn't part of a normal charge routine. I've attached a video below of the blinking. Any help is welcome.
Thanks,
Gabe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTzORR0oHXc

2016-12-15
Use props
gaber77
New

Canada

Update: Talked to DJI, and the battery seems to be defective. Gotta send it in for repair.
2016-12-15
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

that sucks...hopefully they will get it turned around for you quickly.
2016-12-15
Use props
gaber77
New

Canada

Yeah bit of a bummer. I have an extra battery so I'm not entirely grounded, but still a hassle.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

gaber77 Posted at 2016-12-15 16:53
Yeah bit of a bummer. I have an extra battery so I'm not entirely grounded, but still a hassle.

Glad you got it sorted out and it's going back, I've never seen a battery do exactly that before.
2016-12-15
Use props
gaber77
New

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-15 19:01
Glad you got it sorted out and it's going back, I've never seen a battery do exactly that before.

Right? I couldn't find anyone with the same problem anywhere. Some weird fluke. Oh well, it happens!
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

gaber77 Posted at 2016-12-16 09:00
Right? I couldn't find anyone with the same problem anywhere. Some weird fluke. Oh well, it happens!

ya, I guess so.
At least you have another one to use until you get it replaced.
2016-12-15
Use props
fanse1dd4cd2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 270646 ft
Brazil

I get the same thing with one of my batteries.
I plug the other one and then this one back and it works.
I guess I will have to contact DJI when I get back from vacation.
2017-1-7
Use props
djiuser_N5UN6eA
New
Flight distance : 167867 ft
Canada

I have the same issue.... what is the conclusion of your call with dji. ?
2017-8-13
Use props
dorius_23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118766 ft
Switzerland

Same problem here with a brand new battery.. so the only way is getting a replacement from DJI?
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules