2640 45 2016-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0d3d8101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 337100 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am trying to update the firmware on my Inspire 1 V2 but nothing???? formatted card and all the required instructions but no good BUT I am doing it through a Z3 Camera?? could this be an issue?? I sold my X3 when the firmware was fixed on the Z3 could this be the problem? any help would be great thanks in advance
2016-12-15
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem with my I1P. I posted as much on the firmware update thread. Good to see I'm not the only one. I'm guessing they screwed up the file signature and it's not seeing it as a new update.
2016-12-15
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Updated to the latest firmware without any problem however my TB47 now shows a "cell broken" warning. It was fine prior to the update. Has anyone else experienced this or is it maybe a coincidence?  
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-12-16 04:13
I'm having the same problem with my I1P. I posted as much on the firmware update thread. Good to see I'm not the only one. I'm guessing they screwed up the file signature and it's not seeing it as a new update.

For the Z3 in particular, they haven't supplied an aircraft firmware package for those that use the Z3, so those that solely have a Z3 with not X3 or X5 camera can't update at the moment. It was also covered on this thread as well:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid608829

Just to clarify, since you have an X5, which thread have you been responding to that may have more information on what's going on with your unit?
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dave E Posted at 2016-12-16 17:48
Updated to the latest firmware without any problem however my TB47 now shows a "cell broken" warning. It was fine prior to the update. Has anyone else experienced this or is it maybe a coincidence?

When you look at the battery section of the app, is there a large deviation in the cell voltage or does it appear to be fine? Could you happen to provide a screenshot? Have you tried power cycling the aircraft or performing an IMU calibration?
2016-12-16
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Jamie. Cell 3 shows 0.15V less than the other cells. This was the battery that I used to update the firmware. I know that a battery firmware update is not mentioned in the latest update but has this happened "behind the scenes"?. I have removed the bin file from the SD card so that none of my other batteries may be affected. I always do an IMU calibration after a firmware update but this did not help.
I will fully cycle the battery and then update you with screen shots. (If I can remember how to do that............. Ipad mini 4 user, hints greatly appreciated)

Regards.
Dave.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dave E Posted at 2016-12-17 01:42
Hi Jamie. Cell 3 shows 0.15V less than the other cells. This was the battery that I used to update the firmware. I know that a battery firmware update is not mentioned in the latest update but has this happened "behind the scenes"?. I have removed the bin file from the SD card so that none of my other batteries may be affected. I always do an IMU calibration after a firmware update but this did not help.
I will fully cycle the battery and then update you with screen shots. (If I can remember how to do that............. Ipad mini 4 user, hints greatly appreciated)

A full cycle should help, please keep me posted. I'm mostly an Android person, so I can't help that much with screenshots from an iOS. I would say that Google is your friend with that one.
2016-12-16
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-16 09:12
For the Z3 in particular, they haven't supplied an aircraft firmware package for those that use the Z3, so those that solely have a Z3 with not X3 or X5 camera can't update at the moment. It was also covered on this thread as well:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=76361&page=1&extra=#pid608829

I originally posted and have been following the main thread for the update.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-76299-1-1.html

To recap... The RC shows update required. With the RC off, .bin file at the root of 3 different SD cards, the I1P initializes and then just sits with the yellow flashing light. There is no .txt log file as it did not attempt to update at all. Current FW is 1.30.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-12-17 02:51
I originally posted and have been following the main thread for the update.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-76299-1-1.html

The 1.3.0 Is on both the AC and RC, right? I can provide my 2 cents on the other thread since that has the most information.
2016-12-16
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-16 18:04
A full cycle should help, please keep me posted. I'm mostly an Android person, so I can't help that much with screenshots from an iOS. I would say that Google is your friend with that one.

Hi Jamie. I have now fully cycled the battery, ie drained it until it would no longer switch on and then fully charged it. Part of the draining process involved flying with it 30cm above the ground and it performed without issue. Unfortunately after cycling, the "cell broken" warning is still there and cell 3 still shows 0.15 V less than the other cells. (screenshot now attached)It is odd that if the cell is actually broken, it has maintained the exact same voltage difference of 0.15V after a full cycle. Can you help with this please?
IMG_0004.PNG
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dave E Posted at 2016-12-19 01:09
Hi Jamie. I have now fully cycled the battery, ie drained it until it would no longer switch on and then fully charged it. Part of the draining process involved flying with it 30cm above the ground and it performed without issue. Unfortunately after cycling, the "cell broken" warning is still there and cell 3 still shows 0.15 V less than the other cells. (screenshot now attached)It is odd that if the cell is actually broken, it has maintained the exact same voltage difference of 0.15V after a full cycle. Can you help with this please?

A 1.5 deviation is ok, but could you happen to provide a picture of the of the battery history page as well? Is this your only battery or do you have other ones that do not incur this battery battery warning?
2016-12-19
Use props
fansb4599d47
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1250 ft
United States

I am have attempted to upgrade the firmware on the Inspire V2 as well as my V1. The upgrade begins as normal but after a few seconds into the upgrade routine, it stops. The status file shows "failed." For those couple who upgraded successfully, what was your secret?
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fansb4599d47 Posted at 2016-12-20 03:47
I am have attempted to upgrade the firmware on the Inspire V2 as well as my V1. The upgrade begins as normal but after a few seconds into the upgrade routine, it stops. The status file shows "failed." For those couple who upgraded successfully, what was your secret?

Just to clarify, have you already tried reformatting the SD card and trying again? Which camera are you using and have you ensured that you're using the correct firmware package for your camera? They have changed the Download section of the Inspire 1 to include a drop down menu for the camera you have.
2016-12-19
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-19 18:50
A 1.5 deviation is ok, but could you happen to provide a picture of the of the battery history page as well? Is this your only battery or do you have other ones that do not incur this battery battery warning?

I have 5 TB48's which are all ok. I have tried to find the battery history page which I know used to exist but now seems to have disappeared in the app. My app version is the latest ios version.
I did a search and on the phantom forum there is a thread "BATTERY HISTORY GONE" This is confirmed by DJI Mindy on that thread.
The TB47 which is showing the "cell broken" warning is the battery I used to do the latest firmware update. My gut feeling is that the battery firmware was corrupted during the update as it was fine beforehand.
2016-12-20
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Dave E Posted at 2016-12-20 07:01
I have 5 TB48's which are all ok. I have tried to find the battery history page which I know used to exist but now seems to have disappeared in the app. My app version is the latest ios version.
I did a search and on the phantom forum there is a thread "BATTERY HISTORY GONE" This is confirmed by DJI Mindy on that thread.
The TB47 which is showing the "cell broken" warning is the battery I used to do the latest firmware update. My gut feeling is that the battery firmware was corrupted during the update as it was fine beforehand.

I have had the Cell broken warning myself .  What I did to remedy is to do a full discharge of the batteries to below 5% charge  ( I get down until the battery just quits in a very low 1 inch hover  over grass )  Once the battery is completely  discharged let it cool and do a full charge , keep the next flight in close and I think you will find the warning goes away.  I know it's not a  comfortable feeling with that type of "Cell broken " warning but I think some of the wording is lost in translation from the Chinese programmers.

If you did  the full discharge and re-charge and still have the problem , get a RMA number ans send it in .

Good Luck

donnie
2016-12-20
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2016-12-20 13:33
I have had the Cell broken warning myself .  What I did to remedy is to do a full discharge of the batteries to below 5% charge  ( I get down until the battery just quits in a very low 1 inch hover  over grass )  Once the battery is completely  discharged let it cool and do a full charge , keep the next flight in close and I think you will find the warning goes away.  I know it's not a  comfortable feeling with that type of "Cell broken " warning but I think some of the wording is lost in translation from the Chinese programmers.

If you did  the full discharge and re-charge and still have the problem , get a RMA number ans send it in .

Hi Donnie and thanks for your reply. I have already done a full discharge to the point where the battery will no longer switch on and then recharged after a while. The cell broken warning is still there but I have not yet flown the battery. I will try this and see what happens.
2016-12-20
Use props
fansc23375ba
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-12-16 04:13

I was having the same issue using both the x3 and the x5. After trying multiple different SD cards the 4th finally worked using the x3. I still need to check what the app says when I put on the x5 but I did get a successful update on both I1's
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dave E Posted at 2016-12-20 23:48
Hi Donnie and thanks for your reply. I have already done a full discharge to the point where the battery will no longer switch on and then recharged after a while. The cell broken warning is still there but I have not yet flown the battery. I will try this and see what happens.

Let us know if there are any changes.
2016-12-20
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-20 10:55
Let us know if there are any changes.

I have done another full discharge and charge cycle but the cell broken warning is still there. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated....... Can the battery be "flashed" or something else to reset the firmware as my feeling is that it's a firmware problem not a cell problem.

Dave.
2017-1-1
Use props
elowarr
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have just updated with the latest version along with the remote, Inspire first then the remote now all I get is compass error that calibrating won't clear and I have tried this in a few locations even in the middle of a field! without success, but if I tip the inspire to one side at 30 degrees it will say that it's safe to fly and the error message clears.

Help anyone?
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dave E Posted at 2017-1-1 08:59
I have done another full discharge and charge cycle but the cell broken warning is still there. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated....... Can the battery be "flashed" or something else to reset the firmware as my feeling is that it's a firmware problem not a cell problem.

Dave.

The battery can't be 'flashed', per say. You can try downgrading the aircraft and then reattempting the firmware update to refresh the firmware that way.
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

elowarr Posted at 2017-1-1 09:39
I have just updated with the latest version along with the remote, Inspire first then the remote now all I get is compass error that calibrating won't clear and I have tried this in a few locations even in the middle of a field! without success, but if I tip the inspire to one side at 30 degrees it will say that it's safe to fly and the error message clears.

Help anyone?

I responded to you on the other thread.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-76540-1-1.html
2017-1-1
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-1 14:15
The battery can't be 'flashed', per say. You can try downgrading the aircraft and then reattempting the firmware update to refresh the firmware that way.

Thanks Jamie. I have just tried that but sadly no joy. The battery is still showing a "cell broken" warning.

Dave.
2017-1-2
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Dave E Posted at 2017-1-1 08:59

Dave.

When you do a full discharge are you taking it down to  like 3%.  when I get that call broken error , I will run thatt battery down till it shuts off the AC, I stay in a low hover 1 inch over grass and let the battery just die , then let it col and do a full recharge , this will usually fix the Cell Broken warning .

Who knows maybe you do have a cell broken ?  Try my method above and see if you have any luck then , keep the AC close during the Next flights after the Full cycling .  

I have had this myself on a couple of occasions and this procedure fixed mine .

donnie
2017-1-2
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

elowarr Posted at 2017-1-1 09:39

Help anyone?

Do a full IMU calibration then a Camera Gimbal calibration in that order, then try the compass calibration .  See if that mends things .

donnie
2017-1-2
Use props
elowarr
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-2 05:36
Do a full IMU calibration then a Camera Gimbal calibration in that order, then try the compass calibration .  See if that mends things .

donnie

Thanks Donnie I will give that a go.
2017-1-2
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

elowarr Posted at 2017-1-2 05:49
Thanks Donnie I will give that a go.

Make sure that when calibrating the compass that you have the Transmitter and go app device at least 10-15 feet away , and try not to have any metal on your person , I mean you dont have to do it in the buff but try to limit the metal on you  and make sure no large metal objects as well.  Do it once and do it well , then you are set , the only time to do a compass calibrations is after you move away from the original Calibration site and it is more than say 150 miles away or after a FW update to the AC or if the compass starts acting dodgy. ( Long  run on sentence ....)

I know the manual says to do it ever time but I have been flying  the Inspire now fro over a year ( and other DJI products for a couple years now ) and I never have compass problems, so I say stick with what works.  Let us know how it goes .

donnie
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dave E Posted at 2017-1-2 03:10
Thanks Jamie. I have just tried that but sadly no joy. The battery is still showing a "cell broken" warning.

Dave.

Please try Donnie's advice, if you have not done so already, and let us know if there's any difference.
2017-1-3
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-3 13:44
Please try Donnie's advice, if you have not done so already, and let us know if there's any difference.

Yes I have done this and discharged the battery until it will no longer switch on. Then a full recharge after a the battery has cooled. I still have the 0.15 V difference on the cell.
2017-1-4
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Dave E Posted at 2017-1-4 02:19
Yes I have done this and discharged the battery until it will no longer switch on. Then a full recharge after a the battery has cooled. I still have the 0.15 V difference on the cell.

Do you still get the " cell broken"   on the go app ?
the only reason I inquire is because I had the same thing happen , and after a couple of deep cycles it went away.  I agree  the warning does not make us  feel all warm and fuzzy when flying , but I have learned to deal with it .  

On the other hand , if you do a couple of deep cycles and the "Cell Broken " warning keeps popping up , then we have a problem for sure .  

donnie
2017-1-4
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-4 06:06
Do you still get the " cell broken"   on the go app ?
the only reason I inquire is because I had the same thing happen , and after a couple of deep cycles it went away.  I agree  the warning does not make us  feel all warm and fuzzy when flying , but I have learned to deal with it .  

Hi Donnie. Yes the cell broken warning still appears on the go app.
2017-1-4
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Dave E Posted at 2017-1-4 08:47
Hi Donnie. Yes the cell broken warning still appears on the go app.

Well then Dave , If you have tried on more than one occasion to  do a full cycle of the batteries then if it is under warranty I would send it in .  If it is a t- 47, they will want it , if a t-48 you will have to jump through some hoops but eventually they will replace it ( The last time I heard , they did not like to have the t48 shipped back to them , not sure now )

If you are out of warranty let me know , I have some other ideas as well.
***When you updated , that battery that you are having trouble with was updated as well correct , ( Not sure if you know , but each battery needs to be updated )
good luck

donnie
2017-1-4
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-4 09:29
Well then Dave , If you have tried on more than one occasion to  do a full cycle of the batteries then if it is under warranty I would send it in .  If it is a t- 47, they will want it , if a t-48 you will have to jump through some hoops but eventually they will replace it ( The last time I heard , they did not like to have the t48 shipped back to them , not sure now )

If you are out of warranty let me know , I have some other ideas as well.

Hi Donnie. The faulty battery is a TB 47 and is no longer under warranty. It is the battery that I actually used to do the last firmware update and it was fine prior to the update. The latest firmware update does not affect the battery according to the information on the update page but I have my doubts. I have 5 TB 48's aswell which are fine but I removed the firmware update from the SD card before using these so that they were not updated if there was a hidden update in the firmware. The Go app does not prompt me to update these batteries so I'm not sure if there has been a battery update or not.

2017-1-5
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Dave E Posted at 2017-1-5 01:47
Hi Donnie. The faulty battery is a TB 47 and is no longer under warranty. It is the battery that I actually used to do the last firmware update and it was fine prior to the update. The latest firmware update does not affect the battery according to the information on the update page but I have my doubts. I have 5 TB 48's aswell which are fine but I removed the firmware update from the SD card before using these so that they were not updated if there was a hidden update in the firmware. The Go app does not prompt me to update these batteries so I'm not sure if there has been a battery update or not.

What I meant is that since version 1.6 FW update for the AC, all of the new "All in One " updates since then have the battery update information on them, nothing has changed.  So if you updated ALL of your batteries after 1.6 then you are fine .  I just wanted to make sure that all of the batteris that you use are updated, just in case you did not update one, that could cause the problem that you are having .

I hope this makes sense .  I have a Robin Williams type mind and my mind goes faster than  I can think sometimes and I dont articulate myself very well.  

So  you are saying that all of your batteries were updated in the past correct ?  If not,  all you do is put the latest update  on the AC ( camera )  and thern  fire it up with  a battery , if the battery is NOT updated it will take about 3 minutes to update.  If the battery is updated it will take like One minute to update.  

You would simply keep changing batteries until  you were sure all of them had the update .

Or for example if you bought a new battery , you would load the most current FW On the AC CURRENTLY  , then let the update do it's thing ,  since all AC  firmware since 1.6 has the battery update on them , it will update the  battery only and not the AC since it was already done at an earlier date.

Ok, Hope  this helps.

donnie
2017-1-5
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-5 06:20
What I meant is that since version 1.6 FW update for the AC, all of the new "All in One " updates since then have the battery update information on them, nothing has changed.  So if you updated ALL of your batteries after 1.6 then you are fine .  I just wanted to make sure that all of the batteris that you use are updated, just in case you did not update one, that could cause the problem that you are having .

I hope this makes sense .  I have a Robin Williams type mind and my mind goes faster than  I can think sometimes and I dont articulate myself very well.  

Hi Donnie. Yes all of my batteries were updated prior to the very latest firmware revision.

Dave.
2017-1-5
Use props
cRyan11
lvl.1

Australia

I'm not sure about you guys, but my firmware update just made things worse. It successfully did the update and now I am constantly getting gimbal overload messages, even before I take off. I didnt have these errors before, can anybody help me? This video is not mine but is exactly the issue I am having.

-Cian
2017-1-5
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

cRyan11 Posted at 2017-1-5 18:17
I'm not sure about you guys, but my firmware update just made things worse. It successfully did the update and now I am constantly getting gimbal overload messages, even before I take off. I didnt have these errors before, can anybody help me? This video is not mine but is exactly the issue I am having.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3Ygq5LhQpI

First of is your camera set to Free  or FPV rather than Follow ? that would explain the jerky footage.  Also be sure after Every Update to the AC that you do a FULL calibration of the IMU, then immediately after do the gimbal calibration .  See if that clears things up for you .

donnie
2017-1-6
Use props
Cian Ryan
lvl.1

Australia

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-6 05:29
First of is your camera set to Free  or FPV rather than Follow ? that would explain the jerky footage.  Also be sure after Every Update to the AC that you do a FULL calibration of the IMU, then immediately after do the gimbal calibration .  See if that clears things up for you .

donnie

I have tried all those things today already, and I have tried all different camera modes. I believe its meybey because the firmware has not been updatedm in a while, I bought this used and the seller hasnt flowit since mid 2015. Could that be the reason?
-Cian
2017-1-6
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

Cian Ryan Posted at 2017-1-6 11:53
I have tried all those things today already, and I have tried all different camera modes. I believe its meybey because the firmware has not been updatedm in a while, I bought this used and the seller hasnt flowit since mid 2015. Could that be the reason?
-Cian

So you did make sure you are in "Folllow Mode " double check this , make sure , make sure when you set the "Follow " that the entire system is on , many  of the settings are stored on the aircraft and it must be "ON " to  get  locked in to the system .  Have you done an IMU calibration and then a Camera Gimbal Calibration?  If not do so .

The Fimware should not be an issue as long as they are compatible.  Go to the "About "tab with the entire system on in the go app and list  the Versions of FW that you currently have for the AC  the RC and the Camera .
Was the system working correctly before you updated ?  If it was then  I bet you changed the setting to Free or Something li8ke that, it happens sometimes after an update or you bumped the option , you do know it is on the Main screen to the Far left in the middle , you will see a reset,  follow ,  free  modes for the camera.  Also there is a spot on the go app that you can set it on as well.  beiing a beginner you may have touched it not knowing what it does.  

also after every uypdate to the AC you MUST do an IMU and Camera Gimbal calibration , no exceptions mate , makd sure youare on a flat still indoor surface when you do it , the IMU is first then follow immediat;ly with athe camera gimbal calibration .  

This is an X3 standard camera correct ?
let me know

donnie

2017-1-6
Use props
Cian Ryan
lvl.1

Australia

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-6 12:57
So you did make sure you are in "Folllow Mode " double check this , make sure , make sure when you set the "Follow " that the entire system is on , many  of the settings are stored on the aircraft and it must be "ON " to  get  locked in to the system .  Have you done an IMU calibration and then a Camera Gimbal Calibration?  If not do so .

The Fimware should not be an issue as long as they are compatible.  Go to the "About "tab with the entire system on in the go app and list  the Versions of FW that you currently have for the AC  the RC and the Camera .

I will try everything you just said there when I am home, but I am using the standard camera and yes the drone was working before but the gymbal was a bit shakey, so i decided to update to fix it.
2017-1-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules