Osmo + video and photo files - handle and storage
1435 4 2016-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3367699a
lvl.1

Portugal

Hi,
I'm new to Osmo +, and I'd like to know how the photo and video files are handled betwen the DJI GO app and the micro SD card?

I noticed that the app retains all the files, which I believe are replicated in the micro SD card, isn't it?

There is a way to save the files only on the micro Sd card in order to save space on the iPhone?

On the manual there isn't any explanation on this feature.

A help would be a plus.

Many thanks,

RA

2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, iPhone doesn't have an SD card, so it doesn't save you space. For Android phones, yes, you can change the saving directory to your SD card, instead of into your phone.
2016-12-15
Use props
fans3367699a
lvl.1

Portugal

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-12-16 06:37
Hi, iPhone doesn't have an SD card, so it doesn't save you space. For Android phones, yes, you can change the saving directory to your SD card, instead of into your phone.

Hi THOR,

You didn't understand my question. I was speaking about the micro SD card of the Osmo+.

Videos and photos are stored on the DJI GO app and the micro SD card of the Osmo+, or only on one of them?

There is a setting to store only on the micro SD card?

Many thanks.

RA
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans3367699a Posted at 2016-12-16 20:15
Hi THOR,

You didn't understand my question. I was speaking about the micro SD card of the Osmo+.

The video of the original size is saved on SD card.  There will be a much smaller cache video saved on your phone also.  You can turn off this caching option.
2016-12-16
Use props
niswanger
lvl.1

United States

And how do you turn off the caching option?  Better yet, can it save both on the Osmo micro-sd and the phone storage in "FULL RESOLUTION QUALITY AKA IN-KIND?"  What about photos, are they 1:1 same resolution/size/quality as what's on the Osmo micro-sd card and on the phone?

Thanks,
Roy
2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules