My weapons!
1203 9 2016-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
japoyiii
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1107776 ft
United States

Love this blades with Dronehi.re plates!
IMG_2756.JPG
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

They look neat, but I do have to bring up the disclaimer on 3rd party props. It can void the warranty if there's a crash caused by them.
2016-12-15
Use props
japoyiii
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-15 18:41
They look neat, but I do have to bring up the disclaimer on 3rd party props. It can void the warranty if there's a crash caused by them.

Thanks DJI-Jamie for the heads-up.
2016-12-17
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Where from, how much, do they come with adapters, how good are these things and why?

Mark G.
2016-12-17
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Something to consider... I cliped an electrical line and was suprised when the bird did not come down.  I immediatly landed and discovered about a quarter of an inch of prop missing.  (photo)  I believe had I been using those CF props it would have shattered and crashed.
IMG_0008_1280x960.JPG
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

japoyiii Posted at 2016-12-17 23:43
Thanks DJI-Jamie for the heads-up.

You're welcome.
2016-12-18
Use props
japoyiii
lvl.3
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2016-12-17 12:13
Where from, how much, do they come with adapters, how good are these things and why?

Mark G.

Carbon fiber all the way. 13" 13x4.4 for agility, testing, fun and recreational flying and 14" 14x4.8 for aerial photography, stability in windy conditions, heavy lifting (and elevation).

Check amazon for pricing, T-motor props.
2016-12-18
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

Ok, I wasn't going to mention this online as I'm likely to be ridiculed. However, I now think it's worth bringing up as a warning to other newbies.

I went to buy spare blades from the shop I bought the I1. I asked about carbon fibre and they said they wouldn't sell them as they can cause a lot more damage.

A couple of days later I tried "indoor" mode (P-Opti) for the first time. The I1 took off, hovered at about 1.2m for a while and then quite suddenly veered towards me. As a novice I did not want to use the stick... the craft was at 90 degrees to me and I was worried if I pushed the wrong way it would go towards my wife who was watching. Inexperience.

I thought I would just push the craft by the bottom of the battery to get it away from me. Stupid. My fingers went through a blade. Blade shattered, I1 flipped upside down, stopped. Blood everywhere and I whizzed to hospital in shock. 11 stitches in two fingers, third heavily bandaged.

My own fault completely. But I couldn't help wondering what state my fingers would have been in if I hadn't taken the shop's advice and bought CF blades.... would I still have them???

Lesson 1... do not operate this indoors  in a confined space until you are 100% experienced with the controls.

Lesson 2... do some research on CF blades.... I don't know for sure if what the shop told me was right, but I'm glad I didn't find out the hard way.

Hunkering down.....
2016-12-21
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Salty777 Posted at 2016-12-21 15:11
Ok, I wasn't going to mention this online as I'm likely to be ridiculed. However, I now think it's worth bringing up as a warning to other newbies.

I went to buy spare blades from the shop I bought the I1. I asked about carbon fibre and they said they wouldn't sell them as they can cause a lot more damage.

Lesson 3.  When flying close-up, always fly "tail-in", this way left is left on the sticks and right is right.
I guess lesson 4 could be, don't use your fingers to physically control your machine?

I hope your fingers heal ok, do you have any pics?

Mark G.
2016-12-23
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

I like lesson 3... very, very wise.

Yes, for some morbid reason I do have pictures of my fingers after being locally anaesthetised and cleaned..... but don't feel it would be of any use posting them.

Just as a brief aside, locally anaesthetising fingers is WAY more painful than having them chopped by a prop!
2016-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules