Mavic RC/Monitor Hood
2779 17 2016-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

Has anyone seen this yet? It is listed on the DJI store under Mavic accessories....not sure how it is supposed to keep the sun off of the remote screen or your phone/tablet but thought I would see if anyone has seen this yet or actually used one...

2016-12-15
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

Looks.... interesting to say the least.

It appears that the antennae slot up into the cover. Surely this does two things:   Obstructs the strength of the signal and places unnecessary strain on the antennae.    Anyone else think that how it seems to attach, and shares my concern?

In terms of stopping the sun, I suspect it creates a reasonable shadow for the screen to stop glare. It will never be as effective as the ones for the Phantom controller etc which has the screen directly in the hood.

2016-12-16
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

Yea, it appears the antennas hold this in place.....I wonder if the material does reduce the signal or not. Also, the shield looks like it will only block the sun if you are facing the sun. If the sun is to the side or behind you, it doesn't look like it will do much of anything.

Hopefully someone will purchase one and do a review on it....
2016-12-16
Use props
invisible21
lvl.2

United States

gibbd Posted at 2016-12-16 04:11
Looks.... interesting to say the least.

It appears that the antennae slot up into the cover. Surely this does two things:   Obstructs the strength of the signal and places unnecessary strain on the antennae.    Anyone else think that how it seems to attach, and shares my concern?

If it's not metal, it won't negatively affect RF performance.  Think about things like cell phone antennae, and antennae for things like wireless microphones.  In that case, the wireless microphone antennae are always obstructed by clothing, this should be no different.  Heck, the antennae themselves are covered in plastic and they wouldn't do that if it negatively affected signal strength.
2016-12-16
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

I just ordered one along with a couple of gimbal covers (I snapped the clip in a bag on the original). We shall see... report back in a while - I don't expect to see this delivered until the new year, but who knows.
2016-12-19
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

The DJI one is pretty cool, we designed one to be a little more low profile than that one. We also wanted one that still gave us full access to the screen to change camera settings and focus quickly.

2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It will help with shading the screen to better see it.
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-12-19 08:57
The DJI one is pretty cool, we designed one to be a little more low profile than that one. We also wanted one that still gave us full access to the screen to change camera settings and focus quickly.
[view_image]

That one looks pretty cool.
2016-12-19
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

invisible21 Posted at 2016-12-17 00:52
If it's not metal, it won't negatively affect RF performance.  Think about things like cell phone antennae, and antennae for things like wireless microphones.  In that case, the wireless microphone antennae are always obstructed by clothing, this should be no different.  Heck, the antennae themselves are covered in plastic and they wouldn't do that if it negatively affected signal strength.

But considering it is a product made in China...it may have lead in it (just kidding)
2016-12-19
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Just received mine along with a couple more spare gimbal covers (not clamps!) ordered before xmas. Have not yet unboxed it as my Mavic is at home and I am at work. Will have a play (but not flight) this evening and report back if there is anything much more to say.
2017-1-3
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

It would be even better of the phone/tablet could be mounted in the cover. That way, both would be shaded.  However I can foresee potential  interference issues with the antennae being in such close proximity.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJWOLFD
lvl.1

United States

I'm gonna assume you folks already know this by now, but the cover folds down over the phone.  The person who posted the pics didn't post the pics that actually show it covering the phone.  Here's the direct link to the DJI website with ALL of the pictures.  http://store.dji.com/product/mav ... or-hood#/?_k=tw8186
2017-1-13
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

yes but only works if the sun is directly in front of you. Doesn't do much good if it is over your shoulder or directly behind you.
2017-1-13
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721913 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, but the are made terrible! I just crank up the brightness on my IphoneX all the way up and I don't really need a shade due to how bright Apples new OLED Technology on there new displays
2018-11-19
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

all the way up and I don't really need a shade due to how bright Apples new OLED Technology is on there new displays
2018-11-19
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I use this but i have a phone mount that puts my phone on top of the RC so it is inside the hood. Works way better
2018-11-19
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Personally I am not a big fan of any type of hood, just more accessories to carry around.
2018-11-19
Use props
FLPilotShark
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2016-12-19 07:57
[view_image]

When can I get my hands on one of your PolarPro white hoods that are in black color?
What ever you do don't get  The SunLife one that I got from b/c it's made terribly and works for the birds in my opinion.
Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 11.41.25 AM.png
2018-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules