My first attempts at flying my Mavic Pro
1572 13 2016-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

Here is a video of my first attempts at flying my Mavic Pro. I don't have any Photoshop products yet so I just used my iMovie. It's very limited with it's color enhancements capabilities, so I video in DJI Cinematic Mode for now.
This is also my first YouTube video.             Video removed for security reasons. Still sorting it out.

2016-12-15
Use props
Scunna
lvl.4

Well done, for your first attempt.
2016-12-15
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

Scunna Posted at 2016-12-15 19:38
Well done, for your first attempt.

Thanks, I can still see lots of room for improvement. Shooting raw and then adding the color back would be nice. I need to get Photoshop sooner or later.
2016-12-15
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

Free Bird Posted at 2016-12-15 20:55
Thanks, I can still see lots of room for improvement. Shooting raw and then adding the color back would be nice. I need to get Photoshop sooner or later.

Nice first video.  One suggestion would be to use some milder transitions perhaps.  Gentle fades, dissolves, and slides work well.

You won't want Photoshop for video editing as it's used for still pictures.  However, a number of folks here have suggested the free download of DaVinci Resolve 12.5 which is a video editing program, and does a great job on the color enhancements.

Hub City got a little snow.
2016-12-15
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

Petroboy Posted at 2016-12-15 20:02
Nice first video.  One suggestion would be to use some milder transitions perhaps.  Gentle fades, dissolves, and slides work well.

You won't want Photoshop for video editing as it's used for still pictures.  However, a number of folks here have suggested the free download of DaVinci Resolve 12.5 which is a video editing program, and does a great job on the color enhancements.

Great I'll try DaVinci!
Being closer to the ocean we don't get as cold as 1/2 kilometer away. Our snow is much less, only a skiff once in a while. My wife brought our 7 year old to school on Monday but they were all closed because of snow. But at our area of town we got hardly anything, not even enough for the kids to sled down the little hill on school property. In the video you can see on the mountain side, it got snow but below there was not very much. You can also see I flew to the school but the grass is green. I really like living at this end of town.
You know about the hub city, so where do you fly out of?
2016-12-15
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I liked seeing your area and you have a very nice home. Andy was a little to close for comfort but looked like he was having fun

Keep up the good work and enjoy your new Mavic

Rich
2016-12-15
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-15 22:59
I liked seeing you area and you have a very nice home. Andy was a little to close for comfort but looked like he was having fun

Keep up the good work and enjoy your new Mavic

Thank you about my house, it was my third house I built.

Andy didn't get very close the camera shows things closer than they are. Also the props are all shut down as soon as it touches down but the video is still running. He a smart dog and would never get to close to the drone. He likes to watch it fly, just like me!
I'm surprised at the accuracy of the landing. The same paving stone it takes off from it lands exactly back on but only if I don't face the camera away from the house when taking off. It seems to like facing me to be able to land exactly where it took off from. By exactly I mean "exactly" where it took off from! Now that is great technology.
I'm wonderstruck by it all!!! WOW I love my Mavic!
2016-12-15
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Nice....what a beautiful place....I bet you have some great fishing there also :-)
2016-12-15
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

Free Bird Posted at 2016-12-15 23:59
Great I'll try DaVinci!
Being closer to the ocean we don't get as cold as 1/2 kilometer away. Our snow is much less, only a skiff once in a while. My wife brought our 7 year old to school on Monday but they were all closed because of snow. But at our area of town we got hardly anything, not even enough for the kids to sled down the little hill on school property. In the video you can see on the mountain side, it got snow but below there was not very much. You can also see I flew to the school but the grass is green. I really like living at this end of town.
You know about the hub city, so where do you fly out of?

Right now, I am not flying out of anywhere as it's a frikkin' deep freeze in Alberta and snow in the Vancouver area.  I have two houses that I bounce between, one in Calgary and one in the Vancouver area.  I remember Nanaimo being called the Hub City from decades ago, but there are several cities in Canada that refer to themselves that way as well.
2016-12-16
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Free Bird Posted at 2016-12-15 23:16
Thank you about my house, it was my third house I built.

Andy didn't get very close the camera shows things closer than they are. Also the props are all shut down as soon as it touches down but the video is still running. He a smart dog and would never get to close to the drone. He likes to watch it fly, just like me!

I do not use the auto landing or RTH features very often. But I was playing with the Mavic's new system using the RTH  and wow it landed in the exact same spot that it took off from (every time). My Inspire 1 will be close to 10-15 feet of the original take off point.

Mavic has amazing new technology packed into a small shell.  Lot's of fun

Enjoy and fly safe

Rich
2016-12-16
Use props
Incredible Aeri
lvl.2

United States

Never post a view from your house, pmed you your home address.
2016-12-16
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Nice!

Was your gimbal on FPV mode?

Fancy transitions cheapen the video, go simple/clean.
2016-12-16
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

Incredible Aeri Posted at 2016-12-16 08:19
Never post a view from your house, pmed you your home address.

I'm not sure why, google earth gives the same results as I posted. Is there a reason I don't know about? I can find any address and house in the USA and Canada.
Should I remove the the video for security reasons?I tried to PM you but it only shows your message to me with no way to reply.

2016-12-16
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

Mooney Posted at 2016-12-16 08:29
Nice!

Was your gimbal on FPV mode?

Your right about keeping the transition clean. About FPV I'm not sure, still learning about all the fine tuning settings. I do know I'm not in follow me mode.
I probably am in first person view.
2016-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules