No Video feed after shutter activation on Z15 GH3
1693 5 2015-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
project41.me
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I have got the S900 with A2 controller and Zenmuse GH3 gimbal, after going down the horrible lightbridge route (which i have now sold) i have gone back to using the normal video signal from the Zenmuse GH3 controller.
I have got everything working, pan tilt shutter etc and have the video going to an immersion rc video tx unit, all works fine except when i activate the shutter.

After activating the shutter switch i loose the video feed from the camera, the only way to get it back is to power the GH3 camera off an on and the video comes back.

Is this an issue with the Zenmuse gimbal controller or something i am missing on the GH3 camera

I can find very little about setting up the GH3 camera in the GH3 Zenmuse manual so yes i have read that, is there something i need to set on the camera output ??

2015-2-12
Use props
dennismurry08.c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Heres a link to the RC Forum...somebody there had the same problem and it was the wiring which is wrong in the manual..you might have to scroll through a couple posts but you'll see it. Also I have the GH3 and if I'm doing video and try to use the shutter I will lose video for a few seconds but then I get it back...so I dont think you can do both at the same time without interferring with the video
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... 606649&page=374
2015-2-12
Use props
project41.me
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Excellent response to my question, many thanks, this is what a forum is for, to spread the knowledge and sort out problems, not just adding a stupid response to a question just to get your 1 point to your rating.
thank you dennismurry08.c for the link and response, will look into this and keep up the good work
2015-2-12
Use props
project41.me
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Solution was simpler than that after all, you need to set the video output to 1080I only from the camera, mine was set to 1080p
Change this and the problem is resolved.
2015-2-13
Use props
MombasaFlash
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215817 ft
United Kingdom

project41.me Posted at 2015-2-13 13:48
Solution was simpler than that after all, you need to set the video output to 1080I only from the camera, mine was set to 1080p
Change this and the problem is resolved.

The fact that it works after changing the HDMI output to 1080i is coincidental. The action must have jogged something somewhere. My Z15-GH3 has worked since it was new with the HDMI output set to Auto.

Until now.

Suddenly, after years of relatively trouble-free operation, it has developed the 'no video when Shutter/Record is activated' problem. Why? Nothing has been changed. Nothing has been changed because EVERYTHING WAS WORKING. So why has it developed this stupid issue?

There is no help anywhere. Forums are useless. Hours and days of searching, reading opinions and guesses. And no chance of getting answers from DJI, because the last thing DJI wants to waste time on is bloody customers.
2023-3-16
Use props
MombasaFlash
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215817 ft
United Kingdom

dennismurry08.c Posted at 2015-2-12 18:01
Heres a link to the RC Forum...somebody there had the same problem and it was the wiring which is wrong in the manual..you might have to scroll through a couple posts but you'll see it. Also I have the GH3 and if I'm doing video and try to use the shutter I will lose video for a few seconds but then I get it back...so I dont think you can do both at the same time without interferring with the video
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1606649&page=374

There is a response from DJI — a highly unusual event but nonetheless, see below — but it is of no help whatsoever. And none of the other posts actually know what they are talking about either. So the problem has not been solved.

[QUOTE=sarwatch;30692304]Any RC channel will work. It just needs a servo signal to switch AUX1 to the HDMI-AV conversion setting. If you look at the application showing the servo positions AUX1 needs to be on the left side or OFF. It seems if there is no signal on AUX1 it defaults to ON which I assume is the position the GH4 uses to allow HDMI out.

Here is an email I got from DJI:

Thank you for contacting DJI.
The AUX1 is for HDMI-AV conversion so there should be a channel for it .
We need to have a channel connected to the AUX1.
I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused.[/QUOTE]

An S-800 EVO with a Z15-GH3 has been my main aerial platform since 2015. Very few problems with either drone or gimbal. Certainly never had this problem with the video feed being cut when activating Shutter/Record ... until now! Dammit.

The above fix DOES NOT WORK. Neither does selecting 1080i, or any of the other guesses from users of DJI products left to their own devices when the gear fails.

I hate having to go to forums where there are loads of people with loads of problems and very few who actually can be of any help. Forums are like Self-Service checkouts at supermarkets. A money-saving cop out leaving the customer to fend for themselves. In this instance, it is the manufacturer DJI who bloody well ought to be contactable to sort out problems with the unreliable crap they sell, but instead they leave it to forums where the blind lead the blind.

If you think I am being unduly harsh on DJI, regarding the reliability of their products, then you clearly were not one of the unfortunate guinea pigs who bought the very first iteration of the S-800 ... and then proceeded to spend triple the initial purchase price on 'upgraded' parts that should have been included on the original release. But DJI were in such a hurry to make money that they released an untested and inadequately appointed product. Having clawed back some R&D cash with the disastrous S-800, DJI released the S-800 EVO ... which included all the fixes that ought to have been discovered and fixed in the original S-800 before it was released for sale.

The S-800 was supposed to be paired with a Z15-GH2, a 360° gimbal. But the S-800 had fixed undercarriage! Not retractable gear. Fixed legs! So the 360° ability of the Z15 was entirely wasted.

The original GPS puck caused thousands of S-800 flips and crashes until it was identified as the cause. The IMU was found to be inadequate, causing sudden unexplained loss of altitude. Retractable undercarriage was also offered as paid upgrade to those unfortunate, long suffering S-800 owners.

I have bought FIVE HDMI boards for a Z15-GH4 gimbal and EVERY SINGLE ONE HAS FAILED after an initial period of functioning. I have a Z15-BMPCC that worked fine until its HDMI ALSO died — with no spares available. F**K!

DJI now wash their hands of any responsibility because these are all 'Legacy' products.
2023-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules