Compass errors
1002 9 2016-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Good morning all,

I've been discussing this over on Phantom Pilots forum but decided to post my story here as I would like DJI to see it but also upload some of my logs.

From my first flights I've been getting compass error messages, now I'm aware my location could be the problem so I'm taking it to another location tomorrow for further tests. Thess compass errors have give me a few heart stopping moments as when testing the range it happened which resulted in loss of gps thus losinf RTH! I've noticed the errors don't happen in certain places but rather very randomly. I tried to spin the craft while it was still at about 20 feet and got compass errors when it faced a certain direction but throughout the flight I tried this many times but it didn't happen again.

Here are my logs to glance over.
http://healthydrones.com/main?share=Xlphuy
http://healthydrones.com/main?share=LQrZsO

Cheers everyone
2016-12-15
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Just to say if you look in the notifications tab on Healthlydrones you can see the amount of times I was changed to atti mode which was when these compass errors happened.
2016-12-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please help clarify your aircraft model and the current firmware version.
Then sync your flight records through DJI GO APP and provide us your APP account e-mail address, thanks.
2016-12-15
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

The drone is the Phantom 3 Standard on the current firmware
2016-12-15
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Email is malthousebryan@gmail.com
2016-12-15
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I've been told by the retailer I bought it from that it would have to go off to DJI for inspection before a exchange or refund is allowed?
2016-12-16
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

That's a cop out, under EU law if you can demonstrate it was sold "not as described" then you are entitled to a full refund. The seller is trying to pull the wool or make it difficult so you then go down the avenue of sending it to DJI service centre. If you believe it is faulty or does not operate as specified then tell the retailer that you want a refund, indicate that it would then be their responsibility to send it back to DJI for investigation. A quick mention of Trading Standards normally gets them acting correctly.
2016-12-16
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yeah my thoughts too, they said they send it back to DJI for repair so its all them that deal with it but it's less than 2 weeks old and will obviously go away for around 2 weeks till I know what is happening.
2016-12-16
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

If you are unhappy get a refund from the retailer. Your bill of sale rights are with them not DJI.
Sale of Goods Act 2015: A statute Law in the United Kingdom
Under the Consumer Rights Act you have an early right to reject goods that are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described and get a full refund.

But this right is limited to 30 days from the date you purchased the product.

Be quick if you really are that dissatisfied.
2016-12-16
Use props
PracticallyGeeK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Can some from DJI please reply to this, had one reply but no info, these errors are still happening even on a open beach today away from anything.

I've been in touch with trading standards who are now investigating the matter as my retailer has told me they will not exchange or refund it but send it away for weeks over xmas and new year to check it.
2016-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules