Mavic autofocus via C button issue
1264 2 2016-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cal_Phantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1144856 ft
United States

Maybe it's just me, but I found an issue that I hope can get resolved via firmware update. When you program the autofocus in a C1 or C2 the issue is the placement of the autofocus zone. If you engage the autofocus via the C button it auto focuses the center of the screen, but if you tap to focus prior to hitting the C button to autofocus, the zone to which the C button auto focuses changes to wherever you last manually tapped which IMO is bad. Bad mostly because if your flying and you tap to focus somewhere close and low to the ground then you lift off - you obviously want the center of the screen to be the focus point. It basically makes you have to tap the center to focus one more time before being able to use the C button for convenience. If you have to tap the center before being able to use the C button it is no longer convenient. I hope I'm explaining myself well enough, and if I'm not maybe I can link a video to better describe the issue.
2016-12-16
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

After awhile, your finger will build up enough muscle to be able to manipulate the tap-to-focus feature with ease.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just tired it and tapped in the corner and it focused there, then when the Mavic moved the camera refocused (to the center).
I tried with both enable manual focusing on and off it it's working just fine.
In manual, if I tap the corner it will focus there. Then if I tap the C button it still focuses in the same spot, but after that focus, it then goes back to center (green box goes to center) and when I tap the C button it now focuses on the center.
2016-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules