741 12 2016-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlameBoy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105558 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all
Got my mavic Thusday but only had time to fly it today due to work and not wanting to fly it in the dark.

Got some questions
1. It seems to store video's on my phone momory even tho i have a 128 gb card in my phone. How do i switch this?

2. when i try to calibarate the control sticks the left stick starts off center. How do i put it center?
3. I got multi battery error today while flying with the gimble cover on (first time flying). I remove the cover and changed the battery and all was fine. Put the error battery back in without gimble cover in place and seem to be ok... Is this an issue?
4. I got multiple interferrance errors with the drone 4 feet away from me. At one point it disconected. I had large metal buildings around me (10m away). When flying in a field away from everything i got the same interferrance issues. Do i need to do a calibration?

Sorry for the dumb questions but my last drone was a parrot ar and it was rubbish

2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

1.It stores video in the app, I don't think you can turn it of.
But from the General Settings you can set the video cache capacity and also you can clear it.
If you want a full res video to be saved on your phone, you can use the play feature, then select the video and download it.
2. Are you on the latest firmware? What % is it on? You can connect the RC to the Assistant2 and restore the factory defaults and also refresh the firmware.
3. Maybe just a glitch, the clear dome has nothing to do with the battery.
4. Yes, you should do a compass calibration. When you see "Magnetic Interference" and it's not going away, a GOOD compass should clear it. Make sure to calibrate with no metal around and no metal in your pockets (phone, watch, jewelry,) and set the RC/phone on the ground several feet away from the aircraft. Hit start and walk over to the aircraft and do the calibration procedure.
2016-12-16
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you for the fast reply

1. OK i'll set the cache smaller. I've also just dropped the 128gb card in the mavic (90 odd mb write so should be ok as used same in my 360 samsung)
2. Yes it came from factory on latest and I checked yesterday when I couldn't fly.
3. I have recharged the batteries again ready for tomorrow (I think they are just bedding in as I have 4) as I have a site visit for an event i'm running.
4. When turning up tomorrow i'll calibrate as it's in the middle of nowhere.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2016-12-17 03:23
Thank you for the fast reply

1. OK i'll set the cache smaller. I've also just dropped the 128gb card in the mavic (90 odd mb write so should be ok as used same in my 360 samsung)

Sounds perfect, then after you get the good compass calibration, don't calibrate it again unless the app asks you to. For all the aircraft I've used, I only calibrate if I travel several hundred miles away. Once I know it's perfect, I leave it alone.
If you fly off a pier or something you may get errors as the compass is sensing the metal underneath but as soon as you take off and get away from the pier you'll be fine.
If you calibrate with the metal underneath, then the compass is taking that metal and compensates for it. As soon as you take off you would probably get errors.
2016-12-16
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

As you can see the stick is not centered. Re ran update still same issue

2016-12-17
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'm getting a battery error on two of the 4 batteries i have

2016-12-17
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'm sometimes getting the message below even when i havn't touched sports mode

2016-12-17
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Will not allow me to click done. Then times out

2016-12-17
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Tried to do a factory reset and get an error
2016-12-17
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I've also exported the logs from the remote and there is a file called "fatal". Is that normal?

Thanks
2016-12-17
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Fixed the remote issues.
2016-12-17
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

FlameBoy Posted at 2016-12-17 23:04
Fixed the remote issues.

How did you fix it? I have it with the right stick. No problems whatsoever, it's slightly off centre. Would feel better if it would be spot-on..
2016-12-17
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

You just run a stick calibration. Once you have clicked done it resets it to the center.
2016-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules