Upgrade to the new firmware now mavics gimbal is tilted
1209 8 2016-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crisisremix
lvl.2

United States

My mavic is still brand new got it 2 weeks ago now i had to send it back. I did a Gimbal calibration went to 73% and then failed. Called support told me to send it back... im just hoping that it wont take another month to get it fixed. I love my mavic and until this firmware update it was just fine.

2016-12-16
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

I doubt you have to send it in for this issue if the only thing that changed was the firmware. Try downgrading to the last firmware and then reintstalling the new firmware and see if that helps. You might as well try everything you can before sending it in over a firmware issue.
2016-12-16
Use props
Crisisremix
lvl.2

United States

dotfiles Posted at 2016-12-16 11:38
I doubt you have to send it in for this issue if the only thing that changed was the firmware. Try downgrading to the last firmware and then reintstalling the new firmware and see if that helps. You might as well try everything you can before sending it in over a firmware issue.

I already sent it in. sorry I'm not that tech savvy and this is my first drone. Ive done most of the things that they recommended.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Crisisremix Posted at 2016-12-17 05:44
I already sent it in. sorry I'm not that tech savvy and this is my first drone. Ive done most of the things that they recommended.

Hello Crisisremix, since you had sent it in, our engineers will help to evaluate your drone.
If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
2016-12-16
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Crisisremix Posted at 2016-12-16 21:44

With the utmost respect, carrying out a firmware upgrade or downgrade is not that technical. There is information in the handbook and online from DJI and a vast amount more from drone users all over the net.
Did you leave the gimbal clamp on in error and have the gimbal freeze after that? I've done it, lots of people here have done it, and for me, a simple recalibration of the gimbal fixed it. There are more technical practices  to get used when learning how to set up and fly your Mavic when you get it back.
I feel really sorry for you having to send the Mavic back after such a long wait and high financial commitment. I've heard some great reports about the turnaround time DJI have managed with other claims and hope you get it back asap. In the meantime you should build up your confidence by trying to understand how the drone works and how to keep it working by asking as many questions and reading as much as you can.
Good luck.
2016-12-17
Use props
Crisisremix
lvl.2

United States

rick39 Posted at 2016-12-16 22:19
With the utmost respect, carrying out a firmware upgrade or downgrade is not that technical. There is information in the handbook and online from DJI and a vast amount more from drone users all over the net.
Did you leave the gimbal clamp on in error and have the gimbal freeze after that? I've done it, lots of people here have done it, and for me, a simple recalibration of the gimbal fixed it. There are more technical practices  to get used when learning how to set up and fly your Mavic when you get it back.
I feel really sorry for you having to send the Mavic back after such a long wait and high financial commitment. I've heard some great reports about the turnaround time DJI have managed with other claims and hope you get it back asap. In the meantime you should build up your confidence by trying to understand how the drone works and how to keep it working by asking as many questions and reading as much as you can.

i tried to do a downgrade but it wouldn't let me. I have watch all the tutorials even before my mavic got here. I called support and they told me to do all the things like gimbal calibration didn't fix it, i did IMU calibration, then another gimbal calibration still failed. When i upgraded to the new firmware i was on my nearby park and everything was fine. the next day went back to do some more flying and took off all the gimbal clamp i get the msg gimbal overload please check if gimbal clamp is on. Then i notice the gimbal tilted to the right. Panic and check the forums to see if anyone had the same problems as me. big nope. I only found out it was the firmware that may have caused it yesterday from another post.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Crisisremix Posted at 2016-12-17 20:47
i tried to do a downgrade but it wouldn't let me. I have watch all the tutorials even before my mavic got here. I called support and they told me to do all the things like gimbal calibration didn't fix it, i did IMU calibration, then another gimbal calibration still failed. When i upgraded to the new firmware i was on my nearby park and everything was fine. the next day went back to do some more flying and took off all the gimbal clamp i get the msg gimbal overload please check if gimbal clamp is on. Then i notice the gimbal tilted to the right. Panic and check the forums to see if anyone had the same problems as me. big nope. I only found out it was the firmware that may have caused it yesterday from another post.

I'm sorry your were not able to get it resolved before you sent it in.
I may have easily been resolved with some troubleshooting.
You should have it back soon, for future reference please feel free to contact me if you are experiencing any issues and we can probably resolve them quickly so you won't have to send it in.
2016-12-17
Use props
Crisisremix
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-17 17:44
I'm sorry your were not able to get it resolved before you sent it in.
I may have easily been resolved with some troubleshooting.
You should have it back soon, for future reference please feel free to contact me if you are experiencing any issues and we can probably resolve them quickly so you won't have to send it in.

thank you so much,
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

No problem at alll.
2016-12-17
Use props
Advanced