Lightbridge 1 missing cables
1506 9 2016-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xerocomus
lvl.2

Switzerland

Hi, I just received a lightbridge 1. Unfortunately the "air system power & CAN cable" is missing and therefore I can't use the lightbridge ( with naza v2 and gopro without gimbal). I wanted to know if there is a way to modify the gimbal cable or  something that I can do so that I can use the lightbridge.
Thanks

2016-12-17
Use props
xerocomus
lvl.2

Switzerland

A DJI guy maybe ? DJI forgot to give me the cable so...
2016-12-20
Use props
xerocomus
lvl.2

Switzerland

Ok I finally managed to get power to the air system.
I wanted to give it a try, therefore I connected the air system to the gorpo 3 hdmi, and the ground system to my phone. Then I tried to turn everything on.  
Problem 1 : Video LED on air system is solid red meaning the gopro's HDMI output isn't detected.
Problem 2 : The link between air and groud system gets broken about 10-15 seconds after turning the air system on. In other words, after 10-15 seconds, the control led on the air system gets solid red, and the one on the ground system starts to blink.

When I connect the air unit to the assistant software,  the "air system main controller" firmware number  shows up,  but nothing for " air system encoder"and "transmitter" . For the ground unit, I get all 3 software components.
I haven't tried to connect the naza to the air system yet. But I think that the video link schould work without the naza, right ?
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

xerocomus Posted at 2016-12-21 05:06
Ok I finally managed to get power to the air system.
I wanted to give it a try, therefore I connected the air system to the gorpo 3 hdmi, and the ground system to my phone. Then I tried to turn everything on.  
Problem 1 : Video LED on air system is solid red meaning the gopro's HDMI output isn't detected.

Just to clarify, does teh air end's MC need to be updated? If so, have you tried upgrading it to see if it populates the others? Which GoPro are you using and what resolution are you set to? Have you tried a different USB cable? Did you get this system directly from the DJI Website or from a dealer?
2016-12-21
Use props
xerocomus
lvl.2

Switzerland

At first, both ground and air system were running some old firmware. I upgraded both to the latest version. Now, the control lights are solid green, and the osd says that image recepetion is 100%. However, there still isn't any image : video light is solid red. And PC assistant software still detects only one out of 3 software components (for air unit, ground unit is fine).
I use the gopro hero3 silver, set in 1080/30. I tried to connect the lightbridge to an HDMI screen : no video, but OSD shows up. I tried two different USB cables, doesn't change a thing.  I got this lightbridge from a french dealer .
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

xerocomus Posted at 2016-12-22 18:19
At first, both ground and air system were running some old firmware. I upgraded both to the latest version. Now, the control lights are solid green, and the osd says that image recepetion is 100%. However, there still isn't any image : video light is solid red. And PC assistant software still detects only one out of 3 software components (for air unit, ground unit is fine).
I use the gopro hero3 silver, set in 1080/30. I tried to connect the lightbridge to an HDMI screen : no video, but OSD shows up. I tried two different USB cables, doesn't change a thing.  I got this lightbridge from a french dealer .

And all of this was right after the firmware update or was it working for a little bit afterwards before this occurred?
2016-12-22
Use props
xerocomus
lvl.2

Switzerland

Well it never worked - before or after the firmware update.  
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

xerocomus Posted at 2016-12-23 19:24
Well it never worked - before or after the firmware update.

Since the ground end seems to read fine while the air end isn't then you might want to look into getting an exchange through your dealer if possible. Worse case, you can have the Lightbridge air end repaired or replaced by DJI's Europe facility.
2016-12-23
Use props
xerocomus
lvl.2

Switzerland

Hello folks

I received a new air unit from dji.

I'm trying to make my lightbridge 1 work with my naza v2 drone. Sad thing is that the naza and the lightbridge air unit aren't responding to radio inputs.

In the lightbridge assitant software I can see that the ground unit responds to my stick inputs ( sliders move), but the air unit doesn't respond (sliders don't move). And of course in the naza assistant software the sliders also do not move ( I set the naza to D-bus mode ).

Any advice ?

Thanks
2017-2-13
Use props
youzq
lvl.2
China

was the air unit connected to ground unit?
2017-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules