12Next >
2992 56 2016-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
watuse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2064587 ft
Spain

I am getting the mavic the light on the back is complete red no blinking and I try to downgrade the firmware factory setting change battery all a whole bunch of thing the aircraft is grounded cannot take off and I have seen many error with other drones here but this one is with the mavic, I believe its time to not update firmwares and the DJI go app 4.0 something along the way damage this craft with the firmwares.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I responded to your PM.
2016-12-17
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-18 00:31
I responded to your PM.

Here is the video showing the problem I had from the day I received the mavic I notice this bulge of a cable.. In the end it has fail from opening and closing the arms.
2016-12-17
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

I just received my replacement mavic and the cable is also like that. Ken says not to worry but if I'm flying over water and the wire connection fails... who's gonna replace my drone? Do you think you'd be covered by warranty?
2016-12-17
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

This problem is 100% caused by a "thermal wind gust" .. you really should have checked the thermal wind report before flying. These "thermal wind gusts" are invisible ... similar to "the boogie man"
2016-12-17
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-12-17 21:27
This problem is 100% caused by a "thermal wind gust" .. you really should have checked the thermal wind report before flying. These "thermal wind gusts" are invisible ... similar to "the boogie man"

Dude seriously... This was weeks ago funny... But this guy has no clue what you are "joking" about...
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-17 14:09
https://youtu.be/x3v4Gn9kXTU

I just responded to your email.
2016-12-17
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-17 13:57
I just responded to your email.

If our cables are like this should we be concerned?
Also, what is the rerun policy on the mavic?
I have a replacement mavic that I hav t put in the air yet and I'm debating retuning it for the p4p. Is that possible?
I also purchased it from an authorized DJI reseller here in Canada.
2016-12-17
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Nees Posted at 2016-12-18 04:55
Dude seriously... This was weeks ago funny... But this guy has no clue what you are "joking" about...

OR he knows exactly what I'm talking about because he was the guy who posted the thermal wind bs on everyone else's threads ?

Seriously ...
2016-12-17
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-12-18 04:27

yeah the thermal gust wind took my mavic up to 200 meters and drifted the cable to kink so watch out.... I hope you get your mavic soon before christmas and enjoy it as I have been enjoying it up till the cable got kinked by the thermal wind.
2016-12-17
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-12-18 05:15
I have a replacement mavic that I hav t put in the air yet and I'm debating retuning it for the p4p. Is that possible?

you should be concern if the cable does not kink or bend or have some tension on the arm if it does you should return it because that cable is kinking and with the opening and closing it will fail and give you an error, but I was getting on and off weird errors lost of connection of my craft and today when I was going to fly the craft got this ESC error and notice that when I use to turn on the craft the blade would not jitter when you initiate the craft like if there was no current and started to straighten the kink and as I put the arm back I notice it will do the initiation movement and the error will disappear. So yeah I would have it check because that could lead to a problem.
2016-12-17
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

watuse Posted at 2016-12-18 09:32
you should be concern if the cable does not kink or bend or have some tension on the arm if it does you should return it because that cable is kinking and with the opening and closing it will fail and give you an error, but I was getting on and off weird errors lost of connection of my craft and today when I was going to fly the craft got this ESC error and notice that when I use to turn on the craft the blade would not jitter when you initiate the craft like if there was no current and started to straighten the kink and as I put the arm back I notice it will do the initiation movement and the error will disappear. So yeah I would have it check because that could lead to a problem.

Thanks for the reply. Mine doesn't look as bad as yours but I'm concerned that with time it will fail... hopefully not mid flight. Right now it just rubs a bit but if I start to see it bunching up like yours I will send it in for repairs again.
Here's a short clip of mine.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-12-17 16:15

If your Mavic is not giving errors then you should be fine.
If you want to exchange it contact support.
Even though it's a replacement, you would not be able to exchange it towards a different aircraft.
You are only able to do that within the first 14 days of your original purchase.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-12-17 21:12
Thanks for the reply. Mine doesn't look as bad as yours but I'm concerned that with time it will fail... hopefully not mid flight. Right now it just rubs a bit but if I start to see it bunching up like yours I will send it in for repairs again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDnU3zgXhRo

That is fine.
2016-12-17
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-18 11:09
That is fine.

Thanks again for the reply. i appreciate your confidence.
Enjoy the weekend.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-12-17 23:45
Thanks again for the reply. i appreciate your confidence.
Enjoy the weekend.

You too, enjoy your Sunday.
2016-12-17
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-12-17 22:27
OR he knows exactly what I'm talking about because he was the guy who posted the thermal wind bs on everyone else's threads ?

Seriously ...

Hahahaha. Now I see it! Ok go ahead and continue :p
2016-12-17
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-12-18 10:12

I will have it sent back believe me it will fail I thought the same but that rubbing is not normal if you look at the other cable it probably moves the arm freely the one with this kink probably has trouble snapping back into its place. I would not hesitate and send this craft back its a manufacturing problem and someone is not supervising this cable elongation it has. When I first got the mavic I notice that arm would not have a snappy open and close feel the other arm is perfect but the right front arm is not good. You will eventually get some error because the mainboard is having trouble to communicate plus the lost of signal video, could be the cause of mis information the board is receiving from the motor of that arm. when I do the test opening the arm and it loses power it gives me a warning message saying warning motor error and it tells you to land the craft... I will have it sent back and get a new craft from them and have the craft them study who was the person in charge of the supervision of this batch of Mavic I am probably not the only one with this problem you are too.
2016-12-18
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-18 11:08
If your Mavic is not giving errors then you should be fine.
If you want to exchange it contact support.
Even though it's a replacement, you would not be able to exchange it towards a different aircraft.

I am sorry Ken but they should replace this craft its a manufacturing problem, yes that 14 day period is over from me too but you have to understand we are not trusting the return and exchange policy now with all the massive wait of the aircraft. Plus I notice this problem and yes I should of sent it back but what were the guarantees of me getting one a week later would probably had to wait for a month to get another one....
2016-12-18
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

mine was just like yours only it kink a bit more yes but I would return this craft and have it checked.
2016-12-18
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

its definitely kinking and making that crunchy sound the left arm of the mavic does not make that sound nor it kinks it follows the arm perfectly and hides along with it the one you have definitely is kinking and I would not risk it, Today is sunny here no wind and stuck with a mavic that is grounded.
2016-12-18
Use props
Crusader
lvl.2

Netherlands

Must have something to do with thermal winds or so, so look out!!
2016-12-18
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

Crusader Posted at 2016-12-18 17:44
Must have something to do with thermal winds or so, so look out!!

yep atleast I had the mavic, what about you do you have your mavic or still waiting for it on the line, cross your fingers you get it by christmas.
2016-12-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

watuse Posted at 2016-12-18 09:25
I will have it sent back believe me it will fail I thought the same but that rubbing is not normal if you look at the other cable it probably moves the arm freely the one with this kink probably has trouble snapping back into its place. I would not hesitate and send this craft back its a manufacturing problem and someone is not supervising this cable elongation it has. When I first got the mavic I notice that arm would not have a snappy open and close feel the other arm is perfect but the right front arm is not good. You will eventually get some error because the mainboard is having trouble to communicate plus the lost of signal video, could be the cause of mis information the board is receiving from the motor of that arm. when I do the test opening the arm and it loses power it gives me a warning message saying warning motor error and it tells you to land the craft... I will have it sent back and get a new craft from them and have the craft them study who was the person in charge of the supervision of this batch of Mavic I am probably not the only one with this problem you are too.

What you're supposed to do when you don't like a thing is change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it. Don't complain.”
2016-12-18
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-18 19:37
What you're supposed to do when you don't like a thing is change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it. Don't complain.”

please your telling me not to complain your the first one here crying every day that you had a mavic not being shipped and what not. Did you get your mavic if you did move on out here.
2016-12-18
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-18 19:37

If I did not like the way it was I should of sent it back of coarse and how long would I have to wait when they are having issues with manufacturing and logistic allocation and all negative stuff from this companies ordering system like first come first serve, which is not please man move on out of here stop complaining yourself
2016-12-18
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

I'm gonna ride this one out. I have a trip coming up and I'm not gonna miss bringing the mavic because of a loose cable. If it gets worse on the trip, then yes, I will send it back in for repair.
Thanks
2016-12-18
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-12-18 20:41
I'm gonna ride this one out. I have a trip coming up and I'm not gonna miss bringing the mavic because of a loose cable. If it gets worse on the trip, then yes, I will send it back in for repair.
Thanks

its not lose its just a bit tad longer with a couple of millimeters making a small kink which with time of opening and closing it will disable to craft to the ground or worst it would fall from the sky cross finger thats all.
2016-12-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

watuse Posted at 2016-12-18 11:49
please your telling me not to complain your the first one here crying every day that you had a mavic not being shipped and what not. Did you get your mavic if you did move on out here.

You never heard me complaining about waiting for my Mavic, and yes I did get my Mavic and I'm quite happy with it,
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-18 04:28
I am sorry Ken but they should replace this craft its a manufacturing problem, yes that 14 day period is over from me too but you have to understand we are not trusting the return and exchange policy now with all the massive wait of the aircraft. Plus I notice this problem and yes I should of sent it back but what were the guarantees of me getting one a week later would probably had to wait for a month to get another one....

The RMA response time for the Mavic is fairly fast. In the US the turn around time is 1-2 week and most only taking a week.
Talk to the support and see what the turn around time is. You would send your to the Netherlands repair center.
https://www.dji.com/support
Here is the phone number NETHERLANDS
+31 208084412
2016-12-18
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-19 00:06
The RMA response time for the Mavic is fairly fast. In the US the turn around time is 1-2 week and most only taking a week.
Talk to the support and see what the turn around time is. You would send your to the Netherlands repair center.

Thank you Ken I will contact them tomorrow as of now they are closed, plus,  I hope they are reliable, because more and more I am beginning to doubt this company... My opinion and experience, thats all and I wish not having it repair more as an exchanged...
2016-12-18
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-19 00:06

I believe I am not accountable to paid for it either because it was bound to happen sooner or later, it was looking like it would break filaments in the cable for kinking time after time.
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-18 11:20
Thank you Ken I will contact them tomorrow as of now they are closed, plus,  I hope they are reliable, because more and more I am beginning to doubt this company... My opinion and experience, thats all and I wish not having it repair more as an exchanged...

I'm sure whichever they do, exchange or repair it will be just fine.
2016-12-18
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-19 00:24
I'm sure whichever they do, exchange or repair it will be just fine.

yeah man I hope so too, I was enjoying the craft while it was not bugging out on me today is clear sky and no wind perfect weather to take the car drive to some nice places and fly the drone but the aircraft is down, and today was the first day from 3 weeks of deep dense fog and rain in most part of Spain.
2016-12-18
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

To put your worries at ease, I had a great RMA experience as far as timing goes. I live in Canada and had to send it across the border to California and it only took 14 days total!
I was actually impressed. The cable bunching on the replacement drone has me a bit concerned but like I said, I'm gonna keep it while it lasts as long as I have no other issues.  
2016-12-18
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-12-19 01:59
To put your worries at ease, I had a great RMA experience as far as timing goes. I live in Canada and had to send it across the border to California and it only took 14 days total!
I was actually impressed. The cable bunching on the replacement drone has me a bit concerned but like I said, I'm gonna keep it while it lasts as long as I have no other issues.

Well lets hope they do return the craft back in less than 14 days I was looking forward to using it over the holidays and I guess I am not going to since its already here. Meaning the holidays are around the corner.
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-18 18:52
Well lets hope they do return the craft back in less than 14 days I was looking forward to using it over the holidays and I guess I am not going to since its already here. Meaning the holidays are around the corner.

When you contact them, they will have a better idea of repair time.
2016-12-18
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-19 11:05
When you contact them, they will have a better idea of repair time.

I will send them the video also to explain in detail the problem and that I am probably not the only one with this problem in aircraft I notice someone else has the same type of kink but he said he would take the risk like I did but with the time of closing and extending the legs it would break not on the outside but the inside of the cable.
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

watuse Posted at 2016-12-18 23:38
I will send them the video also to explain in detail the problem and that I am probably not the only one with this problem in aircraft I notice someone else has the same type of kink but he said he would take the risk like I did but with the time of closing and extending the legs it would break not on the outside but the inside of the cable.

Ok, they will sort it out for you and repair/replace it.
2016-12-19
Use props
watuse
lvl.4
Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-19 22:56
Ok, they will sort it out for you and repair/replace it.

I am awaiting for the UPS sticker which they said will take 1 to 2 business day I just wonder why it takes that long to make or send a sticker, when I at work when I am packing orders to someone I put the information manually and create a sticker in just a minute.  I am sorry but just kind of makes me think, how can a multi billion dollar company have such low sources to get things done in the RMA dept, the logistic Dept, customer service dept, A company this big should have pretty fast service like Apple, or any other major international company.. The company I work for is a national company but we do a lot of international orders for mountain expeditions, where I work in the logistic internet sales warehouse, where I do all the shipping through out the world for the internet sales we work pretty damn fast, and we are probably a company you never heard of if I told you the name... Maybe its just me but there could be a lot of improvements in this company that has grown in 10 years into a multi-billion company......
2016-12-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules