Ok, i was patient, but THIS makes me really mad.
1252 15 2016-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jthrasher
lvl.1
United States

I ordered my Mavic on 10/30.  I remained very patient because I knew when i placed my order it was going to take a while and I was okay with that.  But now, I'm really mad.
After seeing when others were starting to get their shippment notifications I could tell my order would most likely be shipped while I was gone on vacation for the holidays visiting family for the Holidays.  At the beginning of this week, I contacted DJI through the online chat to have the shipping address of my order changed to my cousins house and was told that would not be a problem and that they would take care of it.  The next day I contacted them again via online chat (both times waiting in a que for over 30 mins) just to CONFIRM that the address was changed .  It hadn't been.  The 2nd person I talked to, after leaving the chat a few times to work on changing it, said they would email me within 24htr with confirmation of the change.  That never happened.  
Thet very next day I saw that my order progress moved to the  4th blue dot meaning it had been shipped. That was two days ago and today I just received the email with the tracking information and of course, it's being shipped to my home address where I won't be!  Seriously?!  It shouldn't be that hard to change the shipping address, especially when asked to do so a full week before the order is even shipped.  Not to mention been told TWICE that the shipping address would be changed per my request.  

After being extremely patient, now I'm mad.  I'll either have to wait longer or somehow find someone who can go to my house and wait for delivery, then ship it to me, which is going to cost extra.  

2016-12-17
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

I ordered on September 28th and it JUST arrived last week.   I have friends with orders that still haven't shipped.   So you really should be thankful you got such a quick shipping turnaround.
2016-12-17
Use props
jthrasher
lvl.1
United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-12-17 10:37
I ordered on September 28th and it JUST arrived last week.   I have friends with orders that still haven't shipped.   So you really should be thankful you got such a quick shipping turnaround.

I am, but still, this should've been an easy fix.  And I'm not complaint about the length of time it took to ship my order.  That wasn't the point of this post.  You, on the other hand, have a legitimate complaint about that.
2016-12-17
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

jthrasher Posted at 2016-12-17 10:45
I am, but still, this should've been an easy fix.  And I'm not complaint about the length of time it took to ship my order.  That wasn't the point of this post.  You, on the other hand, have a legitimate complaint about that.

I understand.   The customer service surrounding this launch, with the notable exception of the assistance the moderators give in this forum with service requests, has been very bad.    Bad from order to ship times all the way to responding to customer requests.

Hopefully they will learn from this and improve.
2016-12-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

jthrasher Posted at 2016-12-17 16:45

Just contact shipping courier and have it diverted, I'm sure they will accommodate...
2016-12-17
Use props
jthrasher
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-17 11:29
Just contact shipping courier and have it diverted, I'm sure they will accommodate...

I don't think FedEx can do that.  If anyone can confirm that's possible, let me know
2016-12-17
Use props
jthrasher
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-17 11:29

The option to have the delivery address changed on FedEx's site when I track my package is greyed out, so I'm pretty sure that's not an option.  
2016-12-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

jthrasher Posted at 2016-12-17 17:44
The option to have the delivery address changed on FedEx's site when I track my package is greyed out, so I'm pretty sure that's not an option.

I suggest you call your local Fedex and have a chat with them, if a courier company such as Fedex can't accommodate then they are probably just as bad as dji..
2016-12-17
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

FedEx won't change the destination, that would have to come from the ones who shipped it.
2016-12-17
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

jthrasher Posted at 2016-12-18 01:44

wow someone complaining ... who has a legitimate reason to complain.

That is terrible ...after waiting so long... i hope DJI can sort out your problem.  

Maybe reply to a moderator in another thread and ask them to have a look .... or pm the mods ... because they might miss this thread.

Good luck.
2016-12-17
Use props
Rigging65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 351099 ft
United States

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-12-18 04:24
FedEx won't change the destination, that would have to come from the ones who shipped it.

I just about fell into this boat as well. I called FedEx and they said, with this package type, they cannot do anything until after the first attempt. After the first attempt fails, then you can call them and they May be able to change some things around to help p you. It has to do with the account type that DJI holds with FedEx or something like that. Definitely a pain when you're used to having shipping options at your finger tips.
2016-12-17
Use props
Rigging65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 351099 ft
United States

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-12-18 04:24

I just about fell into this boat as well. I called FedEx and they said, with this package type, they cannot do anything until after the first attempt. After the first attempt fails, then you can call them and they May be able to change some things around to help you. It has to do with the account type that DJI holds with FedEx or something like that. Definitely a pain when you're used to having shipping options at your finger tips.
2016-12-17
Use props
jthrasher
lvl.1
United States

Yeah, FedEx can't change the address on their end.  Must be the type of account DJI has set up with them.   
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your unpleasant experience, jthrasher. Could you please provide me with your order number?
I'll help to find out what could have caused the issue.
2016-12-17
Use props
jthrasher
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-17 20:15
Sorry for your unpleasant experience, jthrasher. Could you please provide me with your order number?
I'll help to find out what could have caused the issue.

Hi Mindy, I tried sending a PM but I'm not sure if it went through.  Please let me know if you received it.
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

jthrasher Posted at 2016-12-18 21:59
Hi Mindy, I tried sending a PM but I'm not sure if it went through.  Please let me know if you received it.

Sorry, I didn't receive your PM. But I send a PM to you.
Can you see my message?
2016-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules