Stick Error / Re-CTR Stick?
39633 19 2016-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

Sorry to post another help thread in the same day. I'm just trying to replicate a successful first flight like my first mavic had. Anyone know what this means? Would it be a good idea to run through all the calibrations? Also, will calibrating the IMU in colder temps speed up initialization period on start up?  
Thanks again for any advice.
IMG_0470.PNG
IMG_0469.PNG
2016-12-17
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

The control was screaming at me as well.
2016-12-17
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

Anyone from DJI able to help?
2016-12-17
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

A control stick calibration in the Go 4 app should sort it out.
Make sure you follow the instructions in the app.
Don't do IMU unless the app tells you to.
Good luck
2016-12-17
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

Harbourside Posted at 2016-12-17 14:29
A control stick calibration in the Go 4 app should sort it out.
Make sure you follow the instructions in the app.
Don't do IMU unless the app tells you to.

Thanks for the reply. I'll tackle the calibration tonight. I turned the remote off and restarted it and it was fine but it was worrisome getting that alarm.
2016-12-17
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The error is because its reading a control stick not centred, and could be caused by magnetic interference close by.
When calibrating keep the remote away from anything magnetic and you should be fine.
By restarting it you probably moved it away from the interference ? Or jogged it enough to centre.
2016-12-17
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

Harbourside Posted at 2016-12-17 14:40
The error is because its reading a control stick not centred, and could be caused by magnetic interference close by.
When calibrating keep the remote away from anything magnetic and you should be fine.
By restarting it you probably moved it away from the interference ? Or jogged it enough to centre.

Okay that makes sense. It was on my coffee table. Do you think a calibration is necessary if it went away?
2016-12-17
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
United Kingdom

As you had the error I would do it,  just to be on the safe side..
Did mine from new out of the box.
Dont bother with the imu unless it tells you to,  not touched mine and its rock solid..
2016-12-17
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

Harbourside Posted at 2016-12-17 14:53
Dont bother with the imu unless it tells you to,  not touched mine and its rock solid..

Thanks again. Have a great weekend.
2016-12-17
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

Harbourside Posted at 2016-12-18 05:53

I ended up having four failed attempts before I got a successful one. Hasn't screamed at me since, but I also haven't put it in the air yet.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

There are some LCD screen menu information in the manual. You can take a look here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.2.pdf stick error.png
2016-12-17
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-18 15:32
There are some LCD screen menu information in the manual. You can take a look here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.2.pdf[view_image]

Thanks for this!
2016-12-23
Use props
River One
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lost all stick control on 10 minute water flight!!!
this morning calibrated the compass, and RC.. under DJI GO4. Then I flew Litchi 11 waypoint flight back to first waypoint with elevation of 98 feet. I then switched from waypoint to fpv and tried to lower the mavic pro. I HAD NO STICK CONTROL AT ALL ON EITHER STICK AND NO NOTICES. The bird would not come down. I then started RTH on Litchi app and it came down to four feet but would not land and continued to Hover. (no stick control at all). With the Mavic hovering in front of me I closed the Litchi app and opened the DJI GO4 app..with newest update from two days ago (this was my first flight with the new firmware. I connected to the mavic BUT STILL HAD NOT STICK CONTROLS FROM EITHER STICK.. I THEN STARTED A NEW RTH UNDER THE GO4 APP.. AND IT ROSE TO RTH SAFE ALTITUDE AND BACK DOWN TO THREE FEET OFF HOME LOCATION. I then tried again to land it and I continued to have no stick controls at all. With battery getting short and me almost in panic mode, I pressed "auto land" which I have never done before.. thank god after the swipe request .. it landed with little battery life. I have kept all the files on the SD card in case DJI would like to see them. I received no notices of needing RC calibration, IMU or compass. I am now terrified to fly and for sure over water. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I have over 1400 flights over 3500 miles and 350hrs plus in the air without any problems at all. This was my fifth flight with the Mavic and the first under the current FW.
2016-12-23
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

River One Posted at 2016-12-24 07:18
Lost all stick control on 10 minute water flight!!!
this morning calibrated the compass, and RC.. under DJI GO4. Then I flew Litchi 11 waypoint flight back to first waypoint with elevation of 98 feet. I then switched from waypoint to fpv and tried to lower the mavic pro. I HAD NO STICK CONTROL AT ALL ON EITHER STICK AND NO NOTICES. The bird would not come down. I then started RTH on Litchi app and it came down to four feet but would not land and continued to Hover. (no stick control at all). With the Mavic hovering in front of me I closed the Litchi app and opened the DJI GO4 app..with newest update from two days ago (this was my first flight with the new firmware. I connected to the mavic BUT STILL HAD NOT STICK CONTROLS FROM EITHER STICK.. I THEN STARTED A NEW RTH UNDER THE GO4 APP.. AND IT ROSE TO RTH SAFE ALTITUDE AND BACK DOWN TO THREE FEET OFF HOME LOCATION. I then tried again to land it and I continued to have no stick controls at all. With battery getting short and me almost in panic mode, I pressed "auto land" which I have never done before.. thank god after the swipe request .. it landed with little battery life. I have kept all the files on the SD card in case DJI would like to see them. I received no notices of needing RC calibration, IMU or compass. I am now terrified to fly and for sure over water. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I have over 1400 flights over 3500 miles and 350hrs plus in the air without any problems at all. This was my fifth flight with the Mavic and the first under the current FW.

Well that sucks, not sure I can help you though. That's for the warning.
2016-12-23
Use props
River One
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

canadianairborn Posted at 2016-12-23 15:55
Well that sucks, not sure I can help you though. That's for the warning.

DJI Ken .. can I ask if you might take a look at my stick loss condition ?? I feel its from the last FW update. thank you as I surely cannot fly like this safely!
2016-12-24
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87438 ft
  • >>>
United States

It happens every freakin' time I'm inside. Furthermore, it's impossible to adjust them. Very good drone but very, very, very, very pooooor firmware
2017-3-18
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87438 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's no way I can sit relax in the living room making adjustments. I have to go outside and freeze my butt out in order to get the remote sop yelling for a fake sticks problem...
2017-3-18
Use props
Flyer_BFK
lvl.1
United States

Laval076 Posted at 2017-3-18 12:16
There's no way I can sit relax in the living room making adjustments. I have to go outside and freeze my butt out in order to get the remote sop yelling for a fake sticks problem...

RIGHT STICK COMMANDS FOR BACK AND FORWARD STOPPED WORKING. -- Instead it would 'pan' left and right.                    (and the normal, Mode 2, command for left and right remained the same)

It was working initially in the flight but that it suddenly happen. Hit RTH.

It worked out okay, but I'm new at this, my first RTH and it seems to start out right, from what I've read, but instead of coming towards me (at Home) it took off behind me and I lost sight of the Mavic. -- Gads! -- Miles of sagebrush desert in every direction and not a clue.

But then it appeared, coming from behind me, over my head, started to land. Got the message:
UNSAFE LANDING AREA. - OMG - Well, there were modest rocks around but I wanted it down, keep pressing down and down it landed, a-okay.

From what I've read, re-calibrating the sticks on the RC would be step one. Any other information?
2017-7-6
Use props
fans991a20c1
lvl.1
United States

I've had the same recenter stick error, and I've had it sporadically since my Mavic arrived. It recently became unusable. I tried recalibrating the sticks via the app on an iPad. Had about 10 failed attempts. Gave up and contacted DJI for help. They said to send it in. I gave the stick calibration one last try, but this time I used my iPhone instead of my iPad. It worked! I powered on the Mavic twice without any annoying beeps! I'm gonna give it a test flight tomorrow to make sure all is well. But any of you having this problem who also use iOS devices, try calibrating with a different iOS device and see if it works for you.
2017-9-17
Use props
fans991a20c1
lvl.1
United States

As I posted yesterday, took my Mavic out and flew it twice today. Happy to report that it's  working like a charm since I switched iOS device while doing the stick calibration. Had no luck calibrating with an iPad, but I used an iPhone and it was successful. No annoying beeps and full/perfect control. Hope this helps anyone dealing with this error.
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules