Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Inspire 1 battery won't charge after over year storage.
4641 8 2016-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
draracle
lvl.1

Sweden

Hello all

Have been travelling a lot. Left my Inspire 1 in storage for over a year.

Trying to charge it now but no lights showing on the battery at all.

I don't recall what was the last firmware I have installed.

Please; help!

Thank you
2016-12-17
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

It will be toast OP, time to buy a new one.
They self-discharge after 10 days (default setting) and if this has been sitting idle for that long, there is little to no hope that it will be recoverable.
2016-12-17
Use props
draracle
lvl.1

Sweden

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-12-18 00:51
It will be toast OP, time to buy a new one.
They self-discharge after 10 days (default setting) and if this has been sitting idle for that long, there is little to no hope that it will be recoverable.

Thanks for replying. Not really the news I was hoping to hear! Wasn't that crap product (the battery) supposed to hibernate when not used for a long time?
2016-12-17
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

draracle Posted at 2016-12-18 08:20
Thanks for replying. Not really the news I was hoping to hear! Wasn't that crap product (the battery) supposed to hibernate when not used for a long time?

You can't expect any LiPo battery to survive being left for a year.
They need to be managed and looked after, even if not used.

Now, it can certainly be argued that DJI did not do enough to educate people on battery care and that they raised an expectation that their 'Intelligent' batteries were clever enough to manage themselves. Sadly, as with many aspects of DJI's marketing - the reality is at odds with the promises.

2016-12-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe current firmware optimizes long term storage but your batteries are dead and will remain that way forever, sorry
2016-12-18
Use props
Wolfman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

Hi drarcle

as farnk said it is probably kaput after this length of time.......BUT you could try following the instructions of post # 3, you have nothing to lose! I did it once and had success so you never know till you try:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-15401-1-1.html

Good luck!

Regards Wolf
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi draracle, the battery is probably over discharge.
Maybe you could try to charge it for an hour to see if the light will turn on.
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I would recommend trying Mindy's advice before resorting to Wolfman's. Like other's have mentioned, there had been some firmware updates within a couple of months or so that optimized the hibernation function, but since it's been out of the loop for a year, I do not know for sure if you had that on yours.
2016-12-19
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.3

United Kingdom

If what Mindy, Jamie and Wolfman suggested won't work, you can try taking everything apart and charge the lipo cells with a lipo charger. Be careful, NOT the DJI charger that you have from the Inspire's package, that is only a power supply. If that doesn't work either I'm willing to buy it from you for a little experiment I have in mind, if you want to sell it of course.
2016-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules