Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Blacking Out when flying & App crashing when editing
740 5 2016-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stu-pak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144570 ft
South Africa

Hi guys,

I haven't had any problems with my Mavic until yesterday with DJI Go 4 after it updated to the latest version.

The app crashes nearly every time I try edit, but more importantly the video stream blacks out while I'm flying a few times per battery. I can still control the Mavic,  I just have to close the app and open it again then I get video... but this is not fun when you're meters above the sea and far out.

I'm using an IPhone 6 Plus
Latest software On drone.

Anyone have an idea what I can do?
*note I've already reinstalled the app, cleared cache, restarted phone etc... it's the app itself since I'm also losing video feed.
2016-12-17
Use props
fans61954438
lvl.1

China

unfortunately no idea but same problem. see: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;extra=#pid610452
2016-12-18
Use props
CFGHvqwXJkJy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I had the same problem (with video blacking out)and in the end I tried another lightning lead connected to the bottom USB port of the controller and it worked fine. It seems to be an issue with the lead and/or controller port on the side.
I have emailed DJI about this, I will share the response when I receive it
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Stu-pak, have you tried to use an original lightning cable to connect your mobile device to RC?
2016-12-18
Use props
Stu-pak
lvl.3
South Africa

Thanks for all of the replies. I think I've got it working now as I've flows 3 batteries and video link has been solid. If it happens again I'll try with a USB.

Although both my Mavic and controller were on the latest firmware as I updated them on my mac, last night I had my phone in the controller and then connected the Mavic to the controller as well, I instantly got a message on my phone saying something about the controller and Mavic not both being on the same/latest firmware so it synced them for me. Been fine since. Like I said though, both Mavic and controller were already on latest firmware so not sure why it said they were different when I linked them together with my phone in the controller.

So to the other guy, try doing what I did and see if it fixed your issue.  I'll report back if I loose connection again.
2016-12-19
Use props
Stu-pak
lvl.3
South Africa

Update: Video feel is still blacking out so it made no difference.

I will now try with the USB port and see how it goes although that is not ideal. Hopefully this gets fixed somewhere in a firmware update.
2016-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules