UK Suppliers deliveries
2280 38 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Olly12
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Good Morning

Just wondering, has anyone managed to receive a Mavic Pro from a UK supplier yet, I ordered mine in October and have now been told it is going to be March before I can expect delivery.
2016-12-18
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Who did you order from?
2016-12-18
Use props
Olly12
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-12-18 10:42
Who did you order from?

Drones Direct Huddersfield
2016-12-18
Use props
dbgrn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661791 ft
United Kingdom

I know of a supplier in Leicester that received a handful of Mavics for some of his pre-order customers the week before last, so I was lucky enough to see one fly recently (very, very impressive). Supply is still very sporadic and limited so he's not even taking any more pre-orders at the moment though.
2016-12-18
Use props
Olly12
lvl.1

United Kingdom

dbgrn Posted at 2016-12-18 10:52
I know of a supplier in Leicester that received a handful of Mavics for some of his pre-order customers the week before last, so I was lucky enough to see one fly recently (very, very impressive). Supply is still very sporadic and limited so he's not even taking any more pre-orders at the moment though.

It is a nightmare, I want it for a once in a lifetime trip to Asia next month, gutted!
2016-12-18
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.2

United Kingdom

i ordered from them as well they still don't have any idea when they will be delivered to there customers, they have received around 15 so far I'm number 25 out of 300 + orders its taking the p*** a little as i wish i ordered with jessops as they have received many more hopefully before the new year !

I ordered one from amazon and i only got the fly more combo what is an embarrassment on amazon's part not only did they send it wrong once but when i returned it the same thing happened again
RenderedContent-FEA15C5D-A20C-4406-BB4A-D3FEF1B4F1B5.JPG
2016-12-18
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105558 ft
United Kingdom

I ordered direct from dji on 12th of October and got mine of Thursday. Loads on ebay atm as it seems dji shipped loads to the uk last week.
2016-12-18
Use props
Olly12
lvl.1

United Kingdom

FlameBoy Posted at 2016-12-18 16:06
I ordered direct from dji on 12th of October and got mine of Thursday. Loads on ebay atm as it seems dji shipped loads to the uk last week.

I could have bought one at The drone Show in Birmingham but as I had already paid and been assured delivery would be the 16th I decided not too - really p****d off with the whole situation. What is annoying is I can get one from EBay off people who only bought one to make money but I wouldn't give them the satisfaction, although some who are desperate have.
2016-12-19
Use props
fans7a611b31
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Olly12 Posted at 2016-12-19 09:31
I could have bought one at The drone Show in Birmingham but as I had already paid and been assured delivery would be the 16th I decided not too - really p****d off with the whole situation. What is annoying is I can get one from EBay off people who only bought one to make money but I wouldn't give them the satisfaction, although some who are desperate have.

Exactly the same happened to me .  Ordered from  Drones direct early October and was told 16th December delivery, called them on the 16th and they said possibly January.  Cancelled my order with them out of principle.  I have ordered now with Digi Broadcast as they said they will honour the order price, I am happy to wait even if it is a couple of months.
Ebay had more than 20 flymore combos with prices £2000-£3000. Hope these people get stuck with them!!!'
2016-12-19
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 597677 ft
United Kingdom

I ordered a fly more combo from Maplins customer service on Wednesday evening and I'm popping along to the local Maplins to collect it this evening

Happy days!
2016-12-19
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nigpd Posted at 2016-12-19 12:55
I ordered a fly more combo from Maplins customer service on Wednesday evening and I'm popping along to the local Maplins to collect it this evening

Happy days!

Seriously? You ordered on Wednesday and getting it now?
2016-12-19
Use props
Olly12
lvl.1

United Kingdom

BlueThunder71 Posted at 2016-12-19 13:04
Seriously? You ordered on Wednesday and getting it now?

Funny that, Maplins only have the blades on their website and they are out of stock!
2016-12-19
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yes chaps.  The combo and the mavic on its own isn't on the website, hence phoning them up.  I took a flyer and it's paid off.
Collection this evening
2016-12-19
Use props
Nigpd
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I know I'm now the most hated guy on the forum
2016-12-19
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.2

Ireland

we're the same in Ireland, orders go via UK distributors. The one my dealer has ordered from has received ONE demo drone out of an order of 400. Its looking likely it wont be before February at least. Im on the verge of cancelling now, its just because i ordered 29th Sept that i've been hanging in hope that they may get their act in gear. Nope
2016-12-19
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.2

Ireland

Nigpd Posted at 2016-12-19 12:55

Happy days!

lucky you! Maplins in Ireland are notoriously expensive though
2016-12-19
Use props
Andy LIS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3358875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I ordered two, direct from DJI on the Launch day (27th September).  Once was a Mavic Pro, and that got delivered back in late October.  The second, a More Fly Combo, and that is still outstanding.  Still no word on when (if?) it is going to ship.

Andy
2016-12-19
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.2

Ireland

have just cancelled my order from my dealer. Not his fault, but I just cannot take this kind of delay, its turning me into a grumpy sod, especially when you read that other people have since ordered 2nd units during November and received them already! the system is just so unfair. Thanks DJI for giving me the worst customer experience ever.
2016-12-19
Use props
Olly12
lvl.1

United Kingdom

golden_blunder Posted at 2016-12-19 16:31
have just cancelled my order from my dealer. Not his fault, but I just cannot take this kind of delay, its turning me into a grumpy sod, especially when you read that other people have since ordered 2nd units during November and received them already! the system is just so unfair. Thanks DJI for giving me the worst customer experience ever.

I rang customer service at maplins today the adviser said they didn't have them in stock but expected delivery January/ Personally, I think this has been totally mis-handled by DJI. You have the top dealers in the country, unable to get their hands on them and DJI selling them at the drone Show and half of these are on or have been on Ebay. Spoke to a guy today selling one, I offered him a reasonable amount based on Retail price, he declined and said "Thank you for the offer.
Unfortunately it will only go for the current daft Christmas money......" I am seriously considering cancelling mine and just doing land based photography and videography or may buy a Yuneec Typhoon H.
2016-12-19
Use props
golden_blunder
lvl.2

Ireland

Olly12 Posted at 2016-12-19 16:50
I rang customer service at maplins today the adviser said they didn't have them in stock but expected delivery January/ Personally, I think this has been totally mis-handled by DJI. You have the top dealers in the country, unable to get their hands on them and DJI selling them at the drone Show and half of these are on or have been on Ebay. Spoke to a guy today selling one, I offered him a reasonable amount based on Retail price, he declined and said "Thank you for the offer.
Unfortunately it will only go for the current daft Christmas money......" I am seriously considering cancelling mine and just doing land based photography and videography or may buy a Yuneec Typhoon H.

its been an absolute shambles, no other way to describe it. Worst customer experience ever.
I work in the customer support industry for a well known brand and have never in my life experienced anything as poor as this.
2016-12-19
Use props
KERRJS
New
Flight distance : 38314 ft
United Kingdom

Olly12 Posted at 2016-12-19 16:50

The lass at Maplin Customer services who placed my order told me two dates  - 16th December  ( spot on which was the batch mine came from) and the next batch on the 28th December  -  order code is N88EM for the fly more combo - same price - not on their website. I have to say thou if I did not know that code from another forum i would have struggled as the first thing she said when i asked for a Mavic was 'we are out of stock' but that code shows the delivery dates - apparently.
2016-12-24
Use props
Olly12
lvl.1

United Kingdom

KERRJS Posted at 2016-12-24 17:29
The lass at Maplin Customer services who placed my order told me two dates  - 16th December  ( spot on which was the batch mine came from) and the next batch on the 28th December  -  order code is N88EM for the fly more combo - same price - not on their website. I have to say thou if I did not know that code from another forum i would have struggled as the first thing she said when i asked for a Mavic was 'we are out of stock' but that code shows the delivery dates - apparently.

Maplins are in the same boat!! They have 10 coming in tomorrow but have back orders for 74!!!
2016-12-27
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Olly12 Posted at 2016-12-27 13:15
Maplins are in the same boat!! They have 10 coming in tomorrow but have back orders for 74!!!

I'' not kidding you, they told me I was number 11 a few days ago!
2016-12-27
Use props
Olly12
lvl.1

United Kingdom

BlueThunder71 Posted at 2016-12-27 19:33
I'' not kidding you, they told me I was number 11 a few days ago!

I have given up - going to request a refund and buy a Phantom 4 Pro!
2016-12-28
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Olly12 Posted at 2016-12-28 09:01
I have given up - going to request a refund and buy a Phantom 4 Pro!

Maplin corroborated what you said. They received 10 Fly More packages. I was told when I ordered that there were a large number coming in on the 28th. It appears that DJI hasn't fulfilled the order and only those 10 came in. Shame, I could have got a Fly Less combo before Xmas from them.

I believe they are getting more in for January, but they don't know exactly when. I stupidly cancelled my DJI order just before Xmas as Maplin seemed absolutely certain they'd have a bundle arrive on the 24th or 28th.
2016-12-29
Use props
Olly12
lvl.1

United Kingdom

BlueThunder71 Posted at 2016-12-29 09:16
Maplin corroborated what you said. They received 10 Fly More packages. I was told when I ordered that there were a large number coming in on the 28th. It appears that DJI hasn't fulfilled the order and only those 10 came in. Shame, I could have got a Fly Less combo before Xmas from them.

I believe they are getting more in for January, but they don't know exactly when. I stupidly cancelled my DJI order just before Xmas as Maplin seemed absolutely certain they'd have a bundle arrive on the 24th or 28th.

I cancelled my order with Drones Direct as it seems they haven't fulfilled any of the original 250 pre-orders, even though they claim to be UK's biggest suppliers.
Went to Heliguy in North Shileds yesterday and got a Phantom 4 Pro - so pleased I did! The camera is amazing, Ok, it is bigger than the Mavic but an awesome machine. Heliguy staff are so helpful too! Highly recommend them to anyone.
2016-12-30
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad you are happy Olly. I got some good news a few minutes ago when Maplin called me and told me they actually had my Fly More in stock and were sending it out. I've not idea how or why they found another one but I'm not complaining. Only downside is the Combo won't arrive until next week sometime, and I'll be starting work again then  
2016-12-30
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
United Kingdom

BlueThunder71 Posted at 2016-12-30 04:02
Glad you are happy Olly. I got some good news a few minutes ago when Maplin called me and told me they actually had my Fly More in stock and were sending it out. I've not idea how or why they found another one but I'm not complaining. Only downside is the Combo won't arrive until next week sometime, and I'll be starting work again then

When did you order your flymore from Maplin?
2016-12-30
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-12-30 04:35
When did you order your flymore from Maplin?

Around about the 18th or so, as soon as I realised that Amazon had shipped me a Phantom 3 instead of the Mavic after waiting since October. I posted at the time that Maplin had a large delivery of Mavic only, but I really wanted the Fly More for the extra batteries. I've no idea why they've received stock of the Fly More but it was only a small amount. Hopefully you haven't been waiting for months for your order from them and I've spoiled your day. I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised by Maplin - I've never bought from them before but they've kept me informed, and called me instead of eMailing.
2016-12-30
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
United Kingdom

BlueThunder71 Posted at 2016-12-30 07:31
Around about the 18th or so, as soon as I realised that Amazon had shipped me a Phantom 3 instead of the Mavic after waiting since October. I posted at the time that Maplin had a large delivery of Mavic only, but I really wanted the Fly More for the extra batteries. I've no idea why they've received stock of the Fly More but it was only a small amount. Hopefully you haven't been waiting for months for your order from them and I've spoiled your day. I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised by Maplin - I've never bought from them before but they've kept me informed, and called me instead of eMailing.

I see. I ordered the Flymore from Maplin on the 19th, told I was 14th in the queue then a few days later saw that others who'd ordered Flymore on the 19th had received tracking numbers. As of now still waiting for mine although Maplin seem a bit of a shambles so if I can ever get through on the phone, that'll be getting cancelled. I'd also ordered from Apple UK on Nov 10th although two days into the delivery window I have zero confidence in that being delivered.

Ordered from Hobbyking yesterday teatime, tracking number issued later that night.
2016-12-30
Use props
pjnorris
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I ordered from Maplin on 19th, to be told I will get one on the 24th. I called them on the 28th and said that the expected stock coming in on 24th didn't come in and didn't have a clue when to expect the next lot. Like BlueThunder and MANY other customers - I too received Phantom 3 Standard from Amazon a few weeks ago when we ordered or Mavic Combo's in October. BlueThunder - you have confirmation yours is being shipped?

I have one on order from DJI and Jessops (mid December time!)
2016-12-30
Use props
rotormasher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162021 ft
United Kingdom

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-12-30 07:45
I see. I ordered the Flymore from Maplin on the 19th, told I was 14th in the queue then a few days later saw that others who'd ordered Flymore on the 19th had received tracking numbers. As of now still waiting for mine although Maplin seem a bit of a shambles so if I can ever get through on the phone, that'll be getting cancelled. I'd also ordered from Apple UK on Nov 10th although two days into the delivery window I have zero confidence in that being delivered.

Ordered from Hobbyking yesterday teatime, tracking number issued later that night.

You ordered from Hobbyking? Was it UK warehouse? How much total with the delivery? Thanks
2016-12-30
Use props
thatdaveguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7710 ft
United Kingdom

I placed an order with WEX on nov 4th, another who claimed to be having a "good allocation of the UK stock" up until mid December had not heard a peep from them, then someone mentioned on one of the mavic FB groups that Maplins were selling them over the phone rather than on the website. Picked up the phone on the 16th and was told  that id be getting one of the wave due on the 28th of December. Hermes dropped it off on the 19th... right place right time i guess.
2016-12-30
Use props
BlueThunder71
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

pjnorris Posted at 2016-12-30 10:21
I ordered from Maplin on 19th, to be told I will get one on the 24th. I called them on the 28th and said that the expected stock coming in on 24th didn't come in and didn't have a clue when to expect the next lot. Like BlueThunder and MANY other customers - I too received Phantom 3 Standard from Amazon a few weeks ago when we ordered or Mavic Combo's in October. BlueThunder - you have confirmation yours is being shipped?

I have one on order from DJI and Jessops (mid December time!)

I haven't had eMail confirmation but I was told over the phone that my order was shipping and my CC has been charged.
2016-12-30
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
United Kingdom

rotormasher Posted at 2016-12-30 12:09
You ordered from Hobbyking? Was it UK warehouse? How much total with the delivery? Thanks

It was the global warehouse which ran out of stock very shortly after I ordered. It came to £1121 for the combo, including foreign transaction charge and 3-10 day express DHL shipping. I'll be laughing if I escape import duty but I suspect I won't and the price will end up about the same as purchasing in the U.K.  
2016-12-30
Use props
rotormasher
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-12-30 14:30
It was the global warehouse which ran out of stock very shortly after I ordered. It came to £1121 for the combo, including foreign transaction charge and 3-10 day express DHL shipping. I'll be laughing if I escape import duty but I suspect I won't and the price will end up about the same as purchasing in the U.K.

Must have been small stock... Good luck with import fees, hopefully you wont have to pay them!
2016-12-31
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
United Kingdom

rotormasher Posted at 2016-12-31 07:44
Must have been small stock... Good luck with import fees, hopefully you wont have to pay them!

First problem. A day after receiving tracking number which kept returning an error, I contact Hobbyking who tell me DHL wouldn't accept the package because of the batteries. Order then changed to FedEx. Annoyed it took me having to contact them to find this out. Not got a good feeling about this order now.
2016-12-31
Use props
rotormasher
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-12-31 09:12
First problem. A day after receiving tracking number which kept returning an error, I contact Hobbyking who tell me DHL wouldn't accept the package because of the batteries. Order then changed to FedEx. Annoyed it took me having to contact them to find this out. Not got a good feeling about this order now.

Ho crap, also dhl tends to charge import fees so be carefull!
2016-12-31
Use props
Brela
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5755 ft
United Kingdom

Ordered a Mavic Pro Ultimate Bundle from Drones Direct 1st November. I was charged £1247 for it at the time. I have been receiving conflicting information which is very frustrating...

The website product page currently says "Orders placed before 07 Nov 2016 are due in from DJI through Jan 2017"
Order status delivery date currently shows 3rd of Feb.
However in the last message from support they said "we are unable to deliver it until approximately March 2017"

Drones Direct said to me on 15th December that they had received no Mavics from DJI! Pretty crap for the "UKs largest official DJI partner" and "authorised Tier 1 DJI dealership"
On the 24th December they said to another forum user "Stock is coming through slowly and we are committed to getting it to customers as soon as possible" I've not heard of anyone receiving a Mavic from Drones Direct though?

I also placed an order for a Fly More Combo with Maplin just before Christmas to give it a try - I have gone from #62 to #28 in the queue with them last I checked on Friday. So it seems like Maplin are getting something like 10 Mavic Pro Combos in per week from DJI.

The latest update from Maplin also said "I am unsure as to when I am due more stock of the Mavic combo pack to be sent out or in what quantities as DJI have been limited recently when releasing stock to us."

Good luck everyone!
2017-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules