700 3 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jon Dow
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi All,

So I am having the same problem with my P3P camera as when it was brand new.  The footage is soft, noisy and basically terrible.  I had been getting good fotoage with it after it came back from DJI (after 8 days old).  I've just taken it up for a fly in winter dayliught, clear skies and it looks awful again.

Question:  What is the minimum focusing distance of the P3P lens?  I want to set it on a table and get some sharp objects to test it with. Or a screentest image.

Question:  People tell me that the camera has a glue-mounted sensor or sensor holder. Can this simply 'go off'?  My P3P stays in its rucksack in the house in normal warm room tempertures and was climatised when I took it outside.  Weather dry, humidity low, visibility great.

I'd like a bot of help before I get on to DJI about having it back a second time for camera swapping.

Thanks.

2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the issue.
Would you please upload the original pictures to dropbox and provide us the link? we'd like to help you check it.
Besides, what your previous case number?
2016-12-18
Use props
Jon Dow
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-19 02:35
Sorry to hear about the issue.
Would you please upload the original pictures to dropbox and provide us the link? we'd like to help you check it.
Besides, what your previous case number?

Hi and thanks.  I have just retested it in the brightest daylight for this time of year and it seems fine.  Nice and sharp.  The thing is, when the camera under exposes in daylight, it causes it to go ever so soft.  

I've seen people using P3P's for night time shooting with much sharper results, especially when doing city scapes and you can see the side of the buildings, how sharp the edges are.  And with mine, at any ISO and shutter setting, it seems softer than it shoud be at low light.  Being a professional photographer, I understand the relationships between ISO and exposure push/pull, but even at dawn or dusk, if I shoot with over-exposed scenes, it's still soft.  

I'll give it another test later and record some footage to show.

Thanks again,
Jon.
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jon Dow Posted at 2016-12-19 20:26
Hi and thanks.  I have just retested it in the brightest daylight for this time of year and it seems fine.  Nice and sharp.  The thing is, when the camera under exposes in daylight, it causes it to go ever so soft.  

I've seen people using P3P's for night time shooting with much sharper results, especially when doing city scapes and you can see the side of the buildings, how sharp the edges are.  And with mine, at any ISO and shutter setting, it seems softer than it shoud be at low light.  Being a professional photographer, I understand the relationships between ISO and exposure push/pull, but even at dawn or dusk, if I shoot with over-exposed scenes, it's still soft.  

thanks, please keep us posted.
2016-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules