Reachfar RF-V16 Tracker and suitable SIM Card (UK)
1150 2 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frixster_75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45541 ft
United Kingdom

Hi folks.

Just a heads up post.

I've recently purchased a Reachfar GPS RF-V16 tracker and also purchased a Three SIM card and could not get it to work at all. No matter what I tried it just wouldn't find a signal even with the settings (APN) inputted and the card topped up.

The instant I put in a O2 or EE SIM card it worked fine (picked up a signal straightaway in seconds) and didn't require any settings altering whatsoever.

Has anyone else got one and managed to get it to work with a Three SIM?

If you are thinking of getting one of these types of tracker in the UK, you may be better off avoiding Three and get either a O2 or EE SIM (they need to be topped up to send their location/receive commands, but not to find a signal - indicated by the blue light flashing fast intermittantly and the yellow light flashing faster every 4 secs or so). I've not tested vodafone, so not sure of that.

2016-12-18
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Is this tracker 2G / GSM only? Three UK *only* support 3G/4G networks and will not do 2G unlike all the other networks.
Update: Quick google and yes, it is "GSM" only.
2016-12-20
Use props
frixster_75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45541 ft
United Kingdom

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2016-12-20 08:02
Is this tracker 2G / GSM only? Three UK *only* support 3G/4G networks and will not do 2G unlike all the other networks.
Update: Quick google and yes, it is "GSM" only.

No mate, it is 2 and 3G compatible.
2017-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules