2586 23 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa805827f
New

Malaysia

Hi guys!
currently i on a vacation.

and trying to fly the drone from the hotel balcony and fly backward out of the balcony, and suddenly the drone it self flew away and  it totally out of control as you can see when it started to fly to the right side of mavic, i try to pull it forward and turn it to my direction, but it had no response or might have some delay, when it come forward and turn to the direction i had out of my sight, so it crash into the wall and felt from 17 floors, i have no idea why i would happen.

the remote control had disconnected. Fortunately i found back the drone, but the drone in critical damage now.

the camera tear off, and the body had dent as well, it totally can't use now.

please suggest me what should i do now.

really appreciate.

Below is the video:

2016-12-18
Use props
nelsfly16
lvl.2

United Kingdom

oh dear
2016-12-18
Use props
Crusader
lvl.2

Netherlands

Looks like you had no gps signal to begin with (app shows opti mode).
And you turned away (yaw) frome the high rise as it was drifting (strong wind?) to it at a pace, and lost orientation and crashed before you could regain controll.

Do you have dji care refresh? If so i would use it for a repair or replacement Mavic.
2016-12-18
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

You flew it without GPS so it has no stability control, a wind could have pushed it sideways. Do you have DJI Refresh on it?
2016-12-18
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Guess I took too long to type.
2016-12-18
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Looks like the Mavic behaved as expected to me. You took off without GPS in Opti mode (using VPS) and when you exited the balcony, it couldn't gain GPS signal (maybe blocked by the building) and switched to ATTI mode. It looks like it responded to your inputs and headed back towards the building but you didn't correct that movement nor the lateral drift. As Crusader said I'd use DJI Care Refresh is you have it, otherwise open a support ticket and send it in for evaluation.
2016-12-18
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

Scenarios like this is why I preach to learn how to fly without any of the flight control systems enabled that way in a situation where you lose VPS and GPS positioning that you are familiar with how it responds and can take over complete control of the aircraft with confidence. I think too many people rely on all of the automated flight controls that make the Mavic so easy to fly that when the systems aren't functioning it ultimately ends in a crash because we haven't trained on how to actually fly the drone. Technology is a great thing until it isn't there when we need it.
2016-12-18
Use props
Crusader
lvl.2

Netherlands

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-18 19:31
Scenarios like this is why I preach to learn how to fly without any of the flight control systems enabled that way in a situation where you lose VPS and GPS positioning that you are familiar with how it responds and can take over complete control of the aircraft with confidence. I think too many people rely on all of the automated flight controls that make the Mavic so easy to fly that when the systems aren't functioning it ultimately ends in a crash because we haven't trained on how to actually fly the drone. Technology is a great thing until it isn't there when we need it.

You are spot on, we want atti mode on the Mavic.
2016-12-18
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Not sure why anyone would try to fly in that situation with no gps obviously opti mode would drop off after you flew off the balcony.... looks like the wind took it ... but it does seem a little strange the mavic took so long to respond to your 100% throttle... either way in Atti mode with a fair bit of wind by the looks of it ... You would have to be a pretty good pilot to be able to land it safely back on that balcony.
2016-12-18
Use props
BarrettF77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 565459 ft
United States

Flying over people below that high up with no GPS is dumb.  
2016-12-18
Use props
CFGHvqwXJkJy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I would suggest contacting DJI and returning it but get a refund rather than a replacement.
Flying a drone out probably over people with no GPS and warnings stating this suggests to me that you shouldn't own a drone of any type!
This is why laws get tightened and careful drone flyers have to suffer
2016-12-18
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CFGHvqwXJkJy Posted at 2016-12-18 15:02
I would suggest contacting DJI and returning it but get a refund rather than a replacement.
Flying a drone out probably over people with no GPS and warnings stating this suggests to me that you shouldn't own a drone of any type!
This is why laws get tightened and careful drone flyers have to suffer

He won't get a refund, it was pilot error.
2016-12-18
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

https://youtu.be/2oclvUtuSgc
This guy crashed his drone leaving from a balcony too...skip to minute 1:35 to see the drama. Is this the same hotel? Ha
2016-12-18
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Heavysledz Posted at 2016-12-18 12:31

Yeah well the problem is that most of us don't want to 'learn' how to fly without the assisted systems on a $1000 piece of equipment.   
2016-12-18
Use props
hridge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft
United States

yep took off without GPS>  plus all that steel rebar in that concrete structure , I'm sure gave out lots of interference ...
2016-12-18
Use props
bighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Too many DJI pilots out there who can barely have the skills to pilot a 50 dollar non-GPS mini quad. I fly daily from a balcony. In DJI or basic minis. First make damn sure that magnetic interferences aren't so overwhelming that your drone starts doing weird things. Next take off and get it a good few meters from that balcony. Keep either the ass end of the drone facing you, the ass and of the drone facing you, or the ass and of the drone facing you. Because even the best pilots screw up orientation when frazzled in an emergency. Or even basic atti, no GPS, VPS position hold until a GPS lock occurs. Also, on a phantom 4 and mavic, immediately after takeoff, the device will not allow for any substantial altitude increase. Hence, take off, hold position against winds at hover, wait for GPS lock, then go.
2016-12-18
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-12-18 16:54
Yeah well the problem is that most of us don't want to 'learn' how to fly without the assisted systems on a $1000 piece of equipment.

I agree, which is why I purchased a cheap Hubsan X4 107C for around $45 and have been learning on this while I wait delivery of my Mavic. It has been a great learning tool as I went from crashing it about once every 2 minutes to being able fly it indoors for 5-6 full batteries now without any mistakes. If you can fly this drone without crashing, you will likely be able to manually control a Mavic in the event of a loss of all flight aided systems....I do plan on using the flight systems on the Mavic but I will also ensure I know how to operate it in full manual mode as well.
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash.
I'd suggest you to get in touch with our tech support at support@dji.com and send it in for fixing.
2016-12-18
Use props
MavicMark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52454 ft
Australia

Ohh that’s a bad crash!! I know how you feel mate I had similar happened to me, however my Mavic was in active track and flew away and crashed by itself. I emailed DJI support with recommendation of DJI Ken – it’s a great team they have here!  Then DJI assessed the flight records and organised courier to collect my Mavic from my office, they emailed me along the way updating me of status and then advised that they would repair it for free as it was not pilot error. I had the Mavic back in my hands in no time. Total time was two weeks.  So you should follow DJI Mindy and you will be looked after.
2016-12-18
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Yes Oh dear...nice apartment though with pool :-) well it looks like at least you did one thing right and that was the crash your sure couldn't have done ir any better than that, lucky no one below at the time!!! I think it's gonna be a bit more than a repair :-(
2016-12-19
Use props
阿隼
lvl.4
Flight distance : 781299 ft
Hong Kong

Don't fly indoor to outdoor like that. You don't have GPS to hold your position.
You turn around the drone drift backward and crash the building.
mp.jpg

It is pliot error. You may not claim the free Mavic Pro. Sorry about that.

2016-12-19
Use props
fansa805827f
New

Malaysia

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-12-19
Use props
Crusader
lvl.2

United Kingdom

fansa805827f Posted at 2016-12-19 18:52
**** The posts are shielded ****

Nice, first reaction frome OP and got locked by mod.
2016-12-19
Use props
Mr Hayato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 781299 ft
Hong Kong

fansa805827f Posted at 2016-12-20 02:52
**** The posts are shielded ****

You said you are loss control. Did you see "Disconnect" in your RC?
Send your flight log to DJI and wait their report.

I hope you can get your Mavic back soon.
2016-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules