12Next >
11378 41 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tsuru88
lvl.1

United States

Dec 18, 2016:

Hadn't used my Pro 3 in awhile.  Connected my Samsung S4 Galaxy and flew it fine.

Then decided to download the app on my Samsung Note4 (which DJI says is supported) and got nowhere.  Could never get the "Camera" view button under my equipment, Phantom 3 Pro.  Only see "Camera" view button for Inspire which I do not have.

So, went back to my Samsung S4 Galaxy and found now have the exact same problem with that phone.  So I'm going backwards not forward.

Now, I cannot fly my drone at all.  All I can do, is open the app, then under "Inspire" (not my drone) see the "Camera" view button.  If I press it get the camera app up on my phone  but only shows DISCONNECTED.

No matter what order I turn things on, get the same, Inspire camera button, but NEVER Phantom 3 Pro camera view capability - which is my drone, not Inspire.

I even updated the firmware on the aircraft (1.10.0090), then remote controller, and even did the batteries.  The upgrade text files say Success for aircraft but says doesn't need update on remote controller as "firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller".

Have also totally uninstalled DJI Go from both phones, cleared cache, and deleted all DJI folders and then reinstalled.  Nothing changes - can't fly my drone any longer!

And, have tried brand new USB cables by high quality manufacturer and that didn't help either - seem to get that as a fix searching the net but it doesn't do any good.

Haven't found anything anywhere on the net that has any answer to fix this either, and those that gave ideas, tried, and nothing.

HELP!  I now have a $1300 paperweight.

Thank you
2016-12-18
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

Call DJI - You may just have to relink your AC and RC. They can walk you through the procedure.
2016-12-18
Use props
Gnomad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 173299849 ft
  • >>>
United States

Numerous threads about this problem and they have been going on since last year (2015) So good luck!!!
2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

The remote should be upgrade through APP if the current firmware version is above V1.3.2.
What is the LED status on the remote? Have you tried to link RC and AC again?
Make sure you have enabled MTP and USB debugging as well.
2016-12-19
Use props
tsuru88
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-19 01:21
The remote should be upgrade through APP if the current firmware version is above V1.3.2.

A reply to all.  Have relinked and relinked.  Have USB Debugging enabled and MTP also.  This all worked on my Samsung S4 until I tried to get my Samsung Note 4 in the loop and that is where I got nowhere and going back to my Samsung S4 also lost that capability to do anything again.

I've read tons of these responses on this subject and have tried everything and got nowhere further.  Called DJI and they don't seem to know anything and keep asking me to "check the USB cable" which I've done and even put several (that work fine with everything else they are connected to) to no avail.

The remote (controller) has a green light.  I can re-link and it will go blue until I press the right most button on the aircraft and then it goes back to green.

And, have updated the firmware on the aircraft to 1.10 version and it shows success in the text file.  When doing that to the remote controller nothing actually happened I could tell, but pulled out the MicroSD and the text file says no update required as it 'appears' to have the latest update.  Not sure though how it got it unless from my phone when I connected it to the remote with the USB cable.

Again, CANNOT get "CAMERA" view button to select under Phantom Pro 3.  Only place I get the "Camera" option is for an Inspire - which my drone is not.

Please help if anyone can.

Thanks
2016-12-19
Use props
tsuru88
lvl.1

United States

Adam Flurk Posted at 2016-12-18 15:46
Call DJI - You may just have to relink your AC and RC. They can walk you through the procedure.

Called, they don't seem to know any more than I do, and I'm a novice, so really don't believe that will help.

Here's where I'm at:

A reply to all.  Have relinked and relinked.  Have USB Debugging enabled and MTP also.  This all worked on my Samsung S4 until I tried to get my Samsung Note 4 in the loop and that is where I got nowhere and going back to my Samsung S4 also lost that capability to do anything again.

I've read tons of these responses on this subject and have tried everything and got nowhere further.  Called DJI and they don't seem to know anything and keep asking me to "check the USB cable" which I've done and even put several (that work fine with everything else they are connected to) to no avail.

The remote (controller) has a green light.  I can re-link and it will go blue until I press the right most button on the aircraft and then it goes back to green.

And, have updated the firmware on the aircraft to 1.10 version and it shows success in the text file.  When doing that to the remote controller nothing actually happened I could tell, but pulled out the MicroSD and the text file says no update required as it 'appears' to have the latest update.  Not sure though how it got it unless from my phone when I connected it to the remote with the USB cable.

Again, CANNOT get "CAMERA" view button to select under Phantom Pro 3.  Only place I get the "Camera" option is for an Inspire - which my drone is not.

Thanks
2016-12-19
Use props
tsuru88
lvl.1

United States

Thanks
2016-12-19
Use props
tsuru88
lvl.1

United States

Gnomad Posted at 2016-12-18 22:29
Numerous threads about this problem and they have been going on since last year (2015) So good luck!!!

Have read a gazillion threads on the subject, tried everything they offered and not a one of them helped a bit unfortunately.

to all:

Thanks
2016-12-19
Use props
tsuru88
lvl.1

United States

Adam Flurk Posted at 2016-12-18 15:46

Have done what a gazillion threads said may work. Not a one did.

to all:

Thanks
2016-12-19
Use props
tsuru88
lvl.1

United States

Thanks
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

tsuru88@gmail.c Posted at 2016-12-20 13:34

Thanks for the details, and we feel sorry that the connection cannot be fixed remotely.
Since you have done all the basic troubleshooting, we do suggest you send it in for evaluation by our engineers.
May I know have you contacted our support to help you create a case?
2016-12-20
Use props
fans492b5fcc
lvl.1

Philippines

I have been turning my app off when it is connected  some times it will come right on work some times it don't I think we should get a law suit against  dji I been having problems ever since down load   10 days I was flying sitting still going to start my decent  and then drone just started flopping  around crashed broke the camera landed on it some how really ps off with dji now
2016-12-20
Use props
tsuru88
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-20 03:44
Thanks for the details, and we feel sorry that the connection cannot be fixed remotely.
Since you have done all the basic troubleshooting, we do suggest you send it in for evaluation by our engineers.
May I know have you contacted our support to help you create a case?

The person I spoke with seemed to not have a clue about anything, even asking me repeatedly to do the same thing over and over after telling them that isn't changing a thing.  Spent nearly an hour on the phone with them and we never appeared to have gone past first base with it all.
So I'm not sure what "BASIC" is supposed to mean.

They never gave me any case number or anything, just that they "would get back to me"!!  It's been several days and nothing from DJI.

And, how do I then get a case number?  And, how do I know I've even got past 'Basic"?  And, where do I send anything (and what should I send)?

AND, why no matter what, even after uninstalling the DJI GO app from both of my phones I use, Samsung S4 and Samsung Note4, as well as using a file explorer to completely delete all occurrences of DJI software from my phone, and rebooting the phone at each of these steps, and again, to Both phones, do I get when reinstalling the app only seeing "Camera" view for an Inspire??  I don't have an Inspire, I have a Phantom 3 Pro.  So totally confused what on earth is going on.

If, IF, I cannot even get "Camera" view on my phone for Phantom3 Pro, and only Inspire, how do I ever get to step 2 of this whole process?  The phone isn't even connected to the drone / RC at all and I get this????   Something is really messed up here.

Sad part, is that my S4 worked perfectly fine and was flying, and I disconnected it, took my Note 4 and installed the Go app, and have now come to this point, that NEITHER phone now will get Camera view for Phantom 3 Pro!!!

So tell me how sending in the drone and remote is going to get my phones to see Camera view for Phantom by sending in my drone and remote to you?  I really hope you aren't going to tell me to send in my cell phone too?!!!

Please answer all of my above questions and explain as I now realize, after reading so many posts on the internet about these problems, is that I have a $1300 paper weight!!
2016-12-20
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

tsuru88@gmail.c Posted at 2016-12-21 10:43
The person I spoke with seemed to not have a clue about anything, even asking me repeatedly to do the same thing over and over after telling them that isn't changing a thing.  Spent nearly an hour on the phone with them and we never appeared to have gone past first base with it all.

It seems that recent updates require more processing power from the phone or tablet. You may find your S4 is not able to handle the DJI Go App any longer.
2016-12-20
Use props
tsuru88
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-20 16:02
It seems that recent updates require more processing power from the phone or tablet. You may find your S4 is not able to handle the DJI Go App any longer.

I flew with the S4 just fine - minutes before I decided to download and install the Go app on my Note 4!!!  So it's not a processing power of any sort.

AND, again, my phone, without any remote connected, only has "Camera" view icon / button for INSPIRE, NOT PHANTOM!!!   So it doesn't have anything to do with processing power.

There must be something else about the DJI software / firmware / system (how long have these things been out now???) that is causing this issue.  AND, I can't be the only one as I read all over the internet Googling this issue that I am not the only one yet DJI can't resolve?
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

tsuru88@gmail.c Posted at 2016-12-21 07:43

We feel sorry for the inconvenience caused, and we'll help you escalate the case soon.
Sine the device is not connected to remote properly, p3p will not be recognized.
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to support@dji.com and include the following information, we'll create a case for you to send in remote and aircraft:
SN:
Brief Description of your Issue:
Full Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Link to your case on Forum:
2016-12-21
Use props
tsuru88
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-21 00:39
We feel sorry for the inconvenience caused, and we'll help you escalate the case soon.
Sine the device is not connected to remote properly, p3p will not be recognized.
Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to  and include the following information, we'll create a case for you to send in remote and aircraft:

I'd like to know, how is doing anything to the drone and remote going to change my app on my two phones?  The app sees the CAMERA icon on both phones for the Inspire drone.  Not the Phantom 3 Pro (or any Phantom for that matter).

So let's say you get my drone and remote and fix whatever it is, perfectly, and I get it back.  Then what??  If I don't get the Camera icon for Phantom 3 Pro how do I fly my now "fixed" Phantom drone / remote if the app only has Camera view for an Inspire?  I do not understand that.  Please explain for me.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

tsuru88@gmail.c Posted at 2016-12-22 06:16
I'd like to know, how is doing anything to the drone and remote going to change my app on my two phones?  The app sees the CAMERA icon on both phones for the Inspire drone.  Not the Phantom 3 Pro (or any Phantom for that matter).

So let's say you get my drone and remote and fix whatever it is, perfectly, and I get it back.  Then what??  If I don't get the Camera icon for Phantom 3 Pro how do I fly my now "fixed" Phantom drone / remote if the app only has Camera view for an Inspire?  I do not understand that.  Please explain for me.

If there is nothing wrong with the drone and remote, then the problem maybe caused by the connection between the remote and your mobile device.
Please try another IOS device or change the order to turn on the aircraft, remote and DJI GO APP, you can also  unplug the USB cable and plug it again.
If still no any improvement, then we will guide you to send in.
Very sorry for the inconvenience and we understand how frustrated it must be, we really want to help you solve it.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Besides, we've received your e-mail with the details, if you need to send it in, we'll help you create a case and send you shipping label soon.
2016-12-22
Use props
Desertrose
lvl.2
United States

tsuru88@gmail.c Posted at 2016-12-22 06:16

tsuru88-
I had the same issue. I use an LG Stylo 2 "Plus" as my mobile device with my Phantom 3 Pro. Many android's have a new feature that dedicated the cable to do one thing only, and some of these same android's will revert themselves back to their 'default' on their own. I was only able to see the Inspire RAW camera button on my Go app while connected by the cell power-cord, and when I clicked on it only saw the message "Disconnected". I was more than a little upset due to it being a brand-new Phantom, and was ripping my hair-out (figuratively of course) trying to understand where the problem was. Anyhow, if you'll take a few minutes going through the options on your cellphone, possibly in the 'Share & Connect' menu. My cell was dedicating my use of it's cord to "Charge Only" mode, which wouldn't allow it to connect to the remote controller when they were connected by the cord. In hindsight (after getting the selection corrected), I noticed a notification on the cell once it connected to the Remote, which it hadn't done after connecting it previously.

(IMO) It's certainly worth a try, and I've got a feeling this may be the same issue that I had.

Best of luck,
desertrose
2016-12-22
Use props
tsuru88\
lvl.1

United States

Desertrose Posted at 2016-12-22 21:46
tsuru88-
I had the same issue. I use an LG Stylo 2 "Plus" as my mobile device with my Phantom 3 Pro. Many android's have a new feature that dedicated the cable to do one thing only, and some of these same android's will revert themselves back to their 'default' on their own. I was only able to see the Inspire RAW camera button on my Go app while connected by the cell power-cord, and when I clicked on it only saw the message "Disconnected". I was more than a little upset due to it being a brand-new Phantom, and was ripping my hair-out (figuratively of course) trying to understand where the problem was. Anyhow, if you'll take a few minutes going through the options on your cellphone, possibly in the 'Share & Connect' menu. My cell was dedicating my use of it's cord to "Charge Only" mode, which wouldn't allow it to connect to the remote controller when they were connected by the cord. In hindsight (after getting the selection corrected), I noticed a notification on the cell once it connected to the Remote, which it hadn't done after connecting it previously.

Have tried all you suggest.  Multiple USB cables all of which I know work perfectly fine with everything I connect them to.  Second, in Developers Options on Samsung phones you change the "USB Configuration" to "MTP Media Transfer Protocol".  Even tried "PTP Picture Transfer protocol".

And, have tried different order in which I turn on each device, even though I've been told different orders of power up by DJI techs, as if there doesn't seem to be any consensus on that!

ALSO, again, my drone connected and flew PERFECTLY FINE just before landing it, turning off the engines, then picking up my newer Samsung Note 4 phone, and installing the DJI app.  After that everything went downhill on my Samsung Galaxy S4 as well as the Note 4.  ONLY SEE CAMERA icon for Inspire.  I have a Phantom.

Wish your suggestion had worked, but it does not.
2016-12-23
Use props
tsuru88\
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-22 20:47
Besides, we've received your e-mail with the details, if you need to send it in, we'll help you create a case and send you shipping label soon.

First, I was told to send an email with all your questions answered and I would get a case number.  NOW you are replying with a suggestion and that you "will create a case number" as if that never happened after I sent you the email that was supposed to get me a case number.

TWO, Have tried all you suggest.  Multiple USB cables all of which I know work perfectly fine with everything I connect them to.  Second, in Developers Options on Samsung phones you change the "USB Configuration" to "MTP Media Transfer Protocol".  Even tried "PTP Picture Transfer protocol".

And, have tried different order in which I power up each device, even though I've been told different orders of power up by DJI techs, as if there doesn't seem to be any consensus on that!

ALSO, again, my drone connected and flew PERFECTLY FINE just before landing it, turning off the engines, then picking up my newer Samsung Note 4 phone, and installing the DJI app.  After that everything went downhill on my Samsung Galaxy S4 as well as the Note 4.  ONLY SEE CAMERA icon for Inspire.  I have a Phantom.

PLEASE EITHER TELL ME WHAT REALLY WILL WORK, NOT THE SAME THINGS I'VE ALREADY TRIED OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.
PLEASE SEND A CASE NUMBER AND HOW TO GET MY $1300 PHANTOM PROBLEM FIXED!  THANK YOU.  or if needed XIE XIE 谢谢
2016-12-23
Use props
flowbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 124281 ft
Canada

Nothing wrong with using a Note 4. I use a Note 4 without any issues with a P3Pro. This is getting a but more extreme but have you tried a complete factory reset to stock condition on the phone and then try?
2016-12-23
Use props
flowbie
lvl.2
Canada

Also did you update your Note to Android 6? Are making sure to load the app into phone memory and not the SD card? I know some apps don't like to be loaded on an external card.
2016-12-23
Use props
Meikl
New

Germany

Hello I have a question .Why the camera shoots with the spreading of the pictures what the problem is.Help what to do.Thank you.
2016-12-23
Use props
Meikl
New

Germany

Hello I have a question .Why the camera shoots with the spreading of the pictures what the problem is.Help what to do.Thank you.
2016-12-23
Use props
flowbie
lvl.2
Canada

@Meiki how about starting your own thread as your problem will get buried in here when people are trying to solve the original posters issues.
2016-12-23
Use props
Meikl
New

Germany

OK flower. Will try to do it.
2016-12-23
Use props
tsuru88\
lvl.1

United States

flowbie Posted at 2016-12-23 11:58
Nothing wrong with using a Note 4. I use a Note 4 without any issues with a P3Pro. This is getting a but more extreme but have you tried a complete factory reset to stock condition on the phone and then try?

Not sure why I would consider that, as both my Note 4 and S4 have the exact issue.  So I suppose I could completely reset both phones and lose everything on them to find out.  Extreme, yeah I'd say so.  Rather dump the whole $1300 paperweight in the trash first honestly.  Merry Christmas
2016-12-24
Use props
tsuru88\
lvl.1

United States

flowbie Posted at 2016-12-23 12:02
Also did you update your Note to Android 6? Are making sure to load the app into phone memory and not the SD card? I know some apps don't like to be loaded on an external card.

Both phones, Note 4 and S4 are all up to date.  No SD card even in a Note 4 either, so it would be impossible to NOT have it in phone memory vs. an SD card.  And, the S4 also has the app loaded into phone memory not the SD card.  Thanks for trying to help.
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

tsuru88\@gmail. Posted at 2016-12-24 03:43
First, I was told to send an email with all your questions answered and I would get a case number.  NOW you are replying with a suggestion and that you "will create a case number" as if that never happened after I sent you the email that was supposed to get me a case number.

TWO, Have tried all you suggest.  Multiple USB cables all of which I know work perfectly fine with everything I connect them to.  Second, in Developers Options on Samsung phones you change the "USB Configuration" to "MTP Media Transfer Protocol".  Even tried "PTP Picture Transfer protocol".

Your case number has been created, please check your e-mail box with the information.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused, Merry Xmas!
2016-12-24
Use props
djiuser_pp0xvCPSMIaP
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Have you swiped the screen right to left or left to right?
2018-2-20
Use props
djiuser_pp0xvCPSMIaP
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Have you swiped the screen right to left or left to right?
2018-2-20
Use props
AerOps
lvl.2

France

This issue was reported 1 year ago. Hope it has been solved...
2018-2-21
Use props
Rambo1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144140 ft
United States

No this issue continues as I havr it now too and I saw a youtube video with other P34K users saying the same thing! DJI releases an update that damages your hardware and sends you on a mission from hell to find the answer and they probably know they screwed up but will never take responsibility for it and play stupid! My drone was flying and working fine and now I too have NO CAMERA!!!!
2019-1-12
Use props
Nic6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1165 ft
United Kingdom

My Phantom 3 Professional hasn't flown for over a year, in great condition but cannot get a live view on my tablet or phone, a £1150 paperweight.
2019-1-13
Use props
CJP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The post below is rubbish, the fault is in the app, it is a DJI Bug that they dont seem to want to sort i have 2 phantom 3 pro drones have tried to view on 5 separate devices, with 9 different usb cables all saying that they are acting as a media device. I used to use my drnes for surveying roofs, i now cant use them any more. DJI are crap.
2019-1-13
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

tsuru88@gmail.c Posted at 2016-12-21 14:16
I'd like to know, how is doing anything to the drone and remote going to change my app on my two phones?  The app sees the CAMERA icon on both phones for the Inspire drone.  Not the Phantom 3 Pro (or any Phantom for that matter).

So let's say you get my drone and remote and fix whatever it is, perfectly, and I get it back.  Then what??  If I don't get the Camera icon for Phantom 3 Pro how do I fly my now "fixed" Phantom drone / remote if the app only has Camera view for an Inspire?  I do not understand that.  Please explain for me.

It is default that APP goes to INSPIRE if you haven't registered Go or do not have link of RC to AC.

It sounds like you need to logon to your GO account ... because you say you have re-linked RC to AC ...

BUT question : Do you have GREEN light on RC and AC showing all linked ... or do you have any RED or blinking light ... I am not asking about the lights on the arms ... I'm talking about the light on front panel of controller and the tiny link light on the AC...

Nigel
2019-1-14
Use props
SXB
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Folks - I have the answer for you - A simple Scottish Bloke.

OK - Keep the Go App off just now
1. Power on your Phantom.
2.  Plug in your Phone to your charger and set to data transfer
3. Plug in your Micro usb to the Phone
4. plug the USBA to the Remote
5. Power up the Remote
6. your phone will ask "charge Only?)
7. Change option to "data transfer" - or you can select in your phone settings under USB settings (or whatever your device calls it)
8. Launch DJI GO and Presto - you have Camera'' with your phantom 3 onscreen - not an Inspire.

I hope this works for everyone in the world!!!!

All the best dudes - I can now fly again.

Drop a post if it works - would be good,

Yours hopefully...

SXB (Stu)
2022-3-23
Use props
SXB
lvl.1

United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2019-1-14 10:07
It is default that APP goes to INSPIRE if you haven't registered Go or do not have link of RC to AC.

It sounds like you need to logon to your GO account ... because you say you have re-linked RC to AC ...

Hi Folks - I have the answer for you - A simple Scottish Bloke.

OK - Keep the Go App off just now
1. Power on your Phantom.
2.  Plug in your Phone to your charger and set to data transfer
3. Plug in your Micro usb to the Phone
4. plug the USBA to the Remote
5. Power up the Remote
6. your phone will ask "charge Only?)
7. Change option to "data transfer" - or you can select in your phone settings under USB settings (or whatever your device calls it)
8. Launch DJI GO and Presto - you have Camera'' with your phantom 3 onscreen - not an Inspire.

I hope this works for everyone in the world!!!!

All the best dudes - I can now fly again.

Drop a post if it works - would be good,

Yours hopefully...

SXB (Stu)
2022-3-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules