Fan going out in main body :(
2208 18 2016-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solarscar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

My inspire 1's fan that is "under the hood" is making a horrible noise. Not unlike a computer fan going out. Is there a part number or fix for this? Ive already trying blowing any dust out.

2016-12-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

solarscar, could you please make a short video of this issue?
2016-12-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you could provide a video as Mindy suggested, it would be appreciated. In addition, is this happening when it's sitting idily or is it when the motors are armed? How long have you had this unit and did you notice this after a firmware update, hard landing or long term storage?
2016-12-19
Use props
solarscar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mindy, I have had the unit for about 5 months. Purchased new. Never been stored. I fly a lot. Never any hard landing. The noise happens when the inspire is powered on. Sometimes it won't start until I calibrate it or it will already be whining then intensify when calibrating. I haven't done the latest firmware update. I know it is the fan. I will post a vid for you here in a bit. Thanks for responding.
2016-12-19
Use props
solarscar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Here you go. It happens when it's flat on the ground. It will always happen if I pick it up and tilt it during calibration. It will sometimes go away for awhile too. If I can get a link to purchase a new fan, I can swap it out.
2016-12-19
Use props
solarscar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

my inspire makes a slight buzzing or zapping noise..... never really thought much of it, when recording it, my iphone really picks up on it. Wierd. Is that normal? attached is the fan noise when i simply tilt the inspire as such during a calibration. It will do it just sitting flat too, but i can always do it when i calibrate. Please advise and thank you!

fannoise.rar

769.66 KB, Down times: 67

fain noise

2016-12-19
Use props
solarscar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

the only way i could attach the above video is to make an ultra short vid under 1 mb and then compress it. Not sure if you guys can open it or not, cause i cant! I don't have any server space anywhere to post it to share a link.
2016-12-19
Use props
solarscar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... xMzcyMjJ8NzY4MDE%3D

2016-12-19
Use props
solarscar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

This link to the video should work!
2016-12-19
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

solarscar Posted at 2016-12-19 21:36

Normal sound from VPS system.

I think you have posted this 2 times now!

Rich
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

solarscar Posted at 2016-12-20 13:36

Hello solarscar, except the ultrasonic sound, I can hear the fan's sound for a few seconds.
Do you have another aircraft to compare?
It will not affect aircraft's performance.
2016-12-20
Use props
solarscar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I do have another inspire the ultra sonic noise is the same so all good there. Of course no whirring fan on the othe i1
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

solarscar Posted at 2016-12-23 07:55
I do have another inspire the ultra sonic noise is the same so all good there. Of course no whirring fan on the othe i1

From what it sounds like, the volume of the fan seems within reason. If it gets any louder, though, then you would want to have it sent in for further evaluation and repair.
2016-12-23
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

Mine has never made a racket like that and I'd be alarmed if it did..... notice the noise goes away when you hold it nose down. It's almost as if the blades are hitting something when it's in the horizontal position.
2016-12-24
Use props
solarscar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, it's definitely gotten worse and my other inspires doesn't have that problem. Don't really want to send it in to replace just a fan. Can someone direct me to a dji part number for this fan. I'm pretty technical, so I'm sure I can handle it.
2016-12-24
Use props
solarscar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know the importance of this fan? Like, what does it cool? I am worried that it's going to completely stop and end up ruining my inspire?
2016-12-24
Use props
solarscar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Anyone know the main body fan part number? I need to replace it. It sounds horrible
2016-12-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

solarscar Posted at 2016-12-25 03:37
Yeah, it's definitely gotten worse and my other inspires doesn't have that problem. Don't really want to send it in to replace just a fan. Can someone direct me to a dji part number for this fan. I'm pretty technical, so I'm sure I can handle it.

The issue is that you would be voiding the warranty if you take the front shell off. I would recommend sending it in to keep the warranty in tact. Right now the turn around time is 1-2 weeks depending on the issue.
2016-12-26
Use props
solarscar
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'm not worried about voiding the warranty. Is there a part number I can buy through dji or should I start looking elsewhere?
2016-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules